If you could go back in time...

Thugball

Benchwarmer
...Would you undo the STAT signing? OR.....
Would you sign STAT but not make any major trade?
... sign STAT but trade for DWill?
...don't sign stat but still trade for Melo?
...Don't sign STAT but still trade for DWill?

I

...Would you undo the STAT signing? OR.....
Would you sign STAT but not make any major trade?
... sign STAT but trade for DWill?
...don't sign stat but still trade for Melo?
...Don't sign STAT but still trade for DWill?

I

I would have signed Shaq and let Ewing walk.

Signed Tim Hardaway instead of Chris Childs coming off one good year.

Signed Thibs to coach and still made the same moves with STAT & Melo.

PS: I never would have traded Clyde for a garbage Butch Beard...

iSaYughh

Starter
I would have organized joint prayer and willed Lebron to sign with us.

In hindsight, ya, you sign Lee and get the hometown discount to boot. It's moot at this point, barring a magical turnaround by Amare.

I can't fault the STAT signing, though. After we whiffed on Lebron, JJ, Bosh.....And it's not like Amare didn't play up to his contract last yr (even with his D and general question marks).

If I could do one thing legit over again for this franchise?

TRADING FOR MELO. Hands down, no questions asked.

We bent over backwards and negotiated like we were securing Lebron James and not leaving even a .0000001% chance we wouldn't get him.

Wanna know what happens if DEN legit doesn't take our offer, or if Melo actually goes off to New Jersey to play on a bottom feeder?

We trade for Deron Williams lol. And look like mensch in the process, and flip over our stigma of getting treated like bitches in trades.

The Melo deal was foolish as a matter of principle and good business and negotiating -- and it was foolish that Gallo was undervalued, by Dolan at least, and that he was offered up as a gimmie in the deal, and treated on par with Fields' value.

MadJack

Benchwarmer
If I could go back in time, I would stop D'Antoni from being hired. That's the real reason Lebron didn't come here, and the reason we are underachieving right now.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
If i could go back in time i would of

step 1: sign amare

step 2: force melo to sign through free agency and make him take a paycut

step 3: amnesty the worst contract

Step 4: Trade Gallanari, fields, felton, mozgov to the hornets for chris paul

step 5: sign chandler force him to take less money to play along side Amare/Melo/Cp3

Draft Shumpert/ recieve Jorts through trade from hornets

Cp3
Shumpert
Melo
Stat
tyson

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
If i could go back in time i would of

step 1: sign amare

step 2: force melo to sign through free agency and make him take a paycut

step 3: amnesty the worst contract

Step 4: Trade Gallanari, fields, felton, mozgov to the hornets for chris paul

step 5: sign chandler force him to take less money to play along side Amare/Melo/Cp3

Draft Shumpert/ recieve Jorts through trade from hornets

Cp3
Shumpert
Melo
Stat
tyson
Lin > Miss Paul

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
:teeth: @ that video idk what he was doing there but, if your debate is over a turnover. Lin has a crap load of turn overs in only a few games, he set the record for most turnovers in the amount of games he's started. Cp3 carried the hornets basically by his self for years and gave the lakers a run for their money in the playoff's & rejuvenated the clippers he makes everyone else around him better no matter who it is...you can throw him in mvp talks. Lin is still learning the game but has potential.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
I would have never signed Houston to the 100 million dollar contract if I knew his knees would not hold up.

The Mckdyess trade would have never happened. Instead of drafting Nene I would have drafted Amare straight up.

I would have never drafted Mike "fat ass" Sweetney with the 9th overall pick.

I would have drafted Ron Artest instead of Frederic Wiess.

I would have never traded Sprewell for Kieth Van Horn.

I would have assisnated Isiah Thomas. He would never be within 300 miles of the garden.

Eddy Curry, Maurbry, Zack Randolph, Steve Francis, Jerome James would never be part of the knicks.

***Can you believe that the bidding war over Mike Dantoni was between the Knicks and the Bulls? I would trade for Thibs too.

Last edited:

quiggle

Starter
lets be realistic, the blame really goes here

Anucha-Browne-Sanders-TODAY.jpg

Would have talked David Lee into signing a 5 year contract for 5 million a year back in 09 when we could have had him for cheap.

Would have still done the Jeffries deal but traded Douglas instead of a pick

would have drafted Jeremy Lin over Andy Rautins

Would have still done the Melo deal.

Lin > Miss Paul

I cant believe you believe that.. i just cant..

I would not have signed stat or traded for melo..

CP3
Fields/ shump
Gallo
insert FA or rookie or have kept Lee or Randolph
Chandler. only signing i was really stoked about

This honeslty would have been my ideal lineup and possibly have used peices to trade for an upgrade at SG.

Also would never have let Ewing walk. And agree 100% with the past failed drafts like Sweetney and Hill

quiggle

Starter
are soem you so fair weathered? summer 2010 you said good riddance david lee because we got Renaiisance Man much much better, and now want Lee back? but picture Lin and Lee, now that would have been something nice to watch with two players understand fundamentals.

Kiyaman

Legend
If I could go back in time, I would stop D'Antoni from being hired.
That's the real reason Lebron didn't come here, and the reason
we are underachieving right now.

:agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed:
50 years of watching Knicks Basketball....Dantoni is the worst headcoach the
Knicks organization hired. I thought Stu Jackson was terrible but Dantoni took
it to another terrible level.

When we sign Stat & Felton, F/C-David Lee shouldve been resign as a Keeper
to go alongside of SF-Wilson Chandler....I also wouldve kept crazy Nate energy
and hard work ethic in our lockerroom.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
:teeth: @ that video idk what he was doing there but, if your debate is over a turnover. Lin has a crap load of turn overs in only a few games, he set the record for most turnovers in the amount of games he's started. Cp3 carried the hornets basically by his self for years and gave the lakers a run for their money in the playoff's & rejuvenated the clippers he makes everyone else around him better no matter who it is...you can throw him in mvp talks. Lin is still learning the game but has potential.
Chris Paul would have been given a max even though there's a concern with knee(s). A lot of games last season he passed up on WIDE OPEN SHOTS. He's a punk because of what he did to New Orleans. I don't care that he saved himself for the Playoffs, do you really want a guy who thinks he deserves better than he had even though he's the one taking up a lot of cap space? David West didn't pull that crap, he left because of the Hornets' uncertain direction. He also went to a young rising team, not take the easy way out to join an already contender. I don't know why anyone would want that guy. If the Clippers get knocked out of the first or second round two years in a row don't expect him to stay in LA. His drive isn't the same anymore. Steve Nash never quit on his team.

Lin penetrates constantly and has been a top 2 PG, even best player in the league for most of this run.

You really think Chandler would take that much less to play with us? Tyson Chandler also deserves more money. He plays hard every game.

Last edited:

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Chris Paul would have been given a max even though there's a concern with knee(s). A lot of games last season he passed up on WIDE OPEN SHOTS. He's a punk to what he did to New Orleans. I don't care that he saved himself for the Playoffs, do you really want a guy who thinks he deserves better than he had even though he's the one taking up a lot of cap space? David West didn't pull that crap, he left because of the Hornets' uncertain direction. He also went to a young rising team, not take the easy way out to join an already contender. I don't know why anyone would want that guy. If the Clippers get knocked out of the first or second round two years in a row don't expect him to stay in LA. His drive isn't the same anymore. Steve Nash never quit on his team.

Lin penetrates constantly and has been a top 2 PG, even best player in the league for most of this run.

You really think Chandler would take that much less to play with us? Tyson Chandler also deserves more money. He plays hard every game.
is cp3 not worth a max? his knees look just fine. If you want to talk knees and max's contracts Amare is the one who did not deserve a 100 mill contract and has bad knees. I've seen Lin pass up plenty wide open shots, whats your point? cp3 is shooting 44 % from 3 point land. 19 points almost 9 assist a game. How is he a punk to what he did to new orleans? if your a superstar in this league and your not happy with the direction your organization is moving and you feel there not doing anything to make a change, and you want to WIN, you don't sit around and be unhappy routing your career with the organization you ask for a request to be traded and continue your NBA journey. Cp3 actually went out classy there was no MELO DRAMA there was no DECISION MAKING INTERVIEW i dont see how he's a punk for that. David West left New orleans to go to a contender is he now labeled a punk to? he didn't come cheap did he? if i dont recall he was coming off a injury as well.

Your saying David west went to a rising young team if im reading this correct right and not to a contender? The pacers before david west were already contenders

The clippers were not contenders at all they would probably be a 10th seed in the west 9th at best. Adding cp3 is what made them contenders thats a fact.

8,9 games as a starter and now your saying Lin is better than Cp3, Derrick Rose, Deron williams? :boohoo: It's mind-boggling how people can compare Lin's 8 games as a starter to other Elite Pg's who've been playing allstar levels there whole career not you personally just in general. You cant compare someones 8 games as a starter to derrick rose, or Cp3's career. The only thing you can compare are both players 1st games as starters to be fair.

you said Lin is the best player in the league? why? how? he makes some layups for the most of his run? 8 games and he's now temporarily the best player in the league? :teeth: he has nice numbers but best player in the league.... Not by a long shot my friend.

you see with Lin defenses were not aware of what to expect from Lin, they did not know what he can do until about his 4th or 5th game. Now teams are starting to realize. He has no cross over moves, He cant go left, trap him and he loses his dribble, he's not secure with handling the ball put more pressure on him all these little things teams are noticing and will be making defensive changes to guard him. Its up to him to work on his game and improve, i love Lin just as much as any knick fan, but like i said before the kid is basically a rookie and still learning the game.

Regarding tyson chandler, i dont think he's worth all the money we gave him he plays hard no doubt every night but the man is about to be 30 soon, he's injury prone, he's foul prone. 58 mill for 4 years? he's worth 35-40 mill nothing more Deandre Jordan is worth what were giving tyson chandler

i do respect his leadership on the court and his defensive presence he's helped us big this year and has been the most consistent knick.

I would have never gave him all that loot,nfw. This was clearly a panic move by the brass. Fans were gathering their torches and pitch forks once they learned Lebron left the cash on the table. The brass had to get a big man that can score...plus Stat was familar with D'ants system. The desparation shows when they gave a uninsured contract to an ailing player...playing within an wear and tear system. There is no going back, unfortunately. The future really isn't all that bleak. A small change in coaching can easily remedy the headaches we face today.