If you could go back in time...

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
who offered ODOM more money ?
Yes I agreed with lebron and wade due to taxes....

I was talking about max players not JR Smith...
lol wow, your just adding more and more onto what your saying. Honestly you dont know who would take less, because you don't know what kind of situation presents itself. their was a opportunity for Bosh,Wade, and Lebron to play on the same team and they made what was best of it and took that sacrifice.

the new CBA allows players to restructure their contracts so if the opportunity for Dwight, Durant, and Westbrook to play with each came to light, i have no doubt durant would take that paycut the thing is Dwight wants a big market as do many of these superstars in the league. we are in the era where teams WANT to form these super teams stars want to play with stars. so anything is possible.

honestly you dont think Deron, howard, and Dirk would take less to play with each other?

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
he opted out of 21 million but signed a 64 million 4 year deal....
do u really think in 2 years he is worth 16 million a year.....
its called a shrew business move....thats not taking less money....
Dude name a player who TOOK less money ?????
Not who U THINK will take less money.....
We're talking about who took less money not about what you think a player will be worth in 2 years.

skisloper

Starter
lol wow, your just adding more and more onto what your saying. Honestly you dont know who would take less, because you don't know what kind of situation presents itself. their was a opportunity for Bosh,Wade, and Lebron to play on the same team and they made what was best of it and took that sacrifice.

the new CBA allows players to restructure their contracts so if the opportunity for Dwight, Durant, and Westbrook to play with each came to light, i have no doubt durant would take that paycut the thing is Dwight wants a big market as do many of these superstars in the league. we are in the era where teams WANT to form these super teams stars want to play with stars. so anything is possible.

honestly you dont think Deron, howard, and Dirk would take less to play with each other?

You keep presenting hypotheticals ,,,,,,,
Do you think Westbrook or Durant every figured if they take a few less million each then the Thunder can use that money to upgrade their team.......is it playing together or winning a championship ?
I absolutely disagree that either player would now renegotiate their contract to take less....

Personally I believe Deron Williams will. Dwight Howard if he leaves Orlando will look for the MAX. He is EGO driven but I can be wrong......I dont think Dirk would be able to get anymore then Dallas offers...

skisloper

Starter
We're talking about who took less money not about what you think a player will be worth in 2 years.

so then if Billups was willing to pass up his 12 million a year this year and resign with the nicks for 32 million over 4 years would u consider him taking less money ?

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
You keep presenting hypotheticals ,,,,,,,
Do you think Westbrook or Durant every figured if they take a few less million each then the Thunder can use that money to upgrade their team.......is it playing together or winning a championship ?
I absolutely disagree that either player would now renegotiate their contract to take less....

Personally I believe Deron Williams will. Dwight Howard if he leaves Orlando will look for the MAX. He is EGO driven but I can be wrong......I dont think Dirk would be able to get anymore then Dallas offers...
Im presenting "hypothetical's" yet your doing the same thing saying Dwight will go for the Max :teeth: and not take the paycut just like you can assume he'll take a max because of his ego i can assume, he'll take a paycut which makes this debate pretty much pointless because at the end of the day YOU DONT KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN

skisloper

Starter
Im presenting "hypothetical's" yet your doing the same thing saying Dwight will go for the Max :teeth: and not take the paycut just like you can assume he'll take a max because of his ego i can assume, he'll take a paycut which makes this debate pretty much pointless because at the end of the day YOU DONT KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN

One thing we know for sure....MELO and AMARE are 40 million plus a year!

and DOLAN will always pay the max because he such a smooth negotiator.

I like debating this rather then Dantonio or the Knicks needing a PG...

OH how the times are changing

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
so then if Billups was willing to pass up his 12 million a year this year and resign with the nicks for 32 million over 4 years would u consider him taking less money ?
Well, there is a huge difference between a guy who averages 18 points per game out of 42% shooting and barely misses games and a guy who averages 15 points out of 36% and who's injury prone. There is also a difference between a franchise legend and a guy who changed teams eight times...

BTW: old dude Pierce averages 23.3 points out of 47% against Carmelo's Knicks and CA (as a Knick) averages 25.3 points out of 38% shooting against Pierce's Celtics... guess who's 8 years younger and just entered his prime? :lol:

Last edited: