Do you think our team would be better with Amar'e coming off the bench?

The reason the pick-and-roll is working with Chandler and not Amare is very simple. Spacing. Defenses still have to respect Amare's outside shot. When he is at the top of the key, he draws a defender, allowing Chandler the space to roll to the basket and Lin the space to pass it to him. Chandler's outside shot is not a concern for defenses. His defender will always be in the low block creating too much clutter for Amare to roll and Lin to find the space to pass it to him.

With that said, Amare doesn't need to come off the bench. When he and Chandler are on the floor together, or Chandler and Jeffries, run the pick-and-roll through Chandler. With the option of kicking out to either Amare or Melo. When Chandler goes to the bench, move Amare to Center, with either Melo or Harrelson at PF, and run the pick-and-roll through Amare.

Very simple. With this approach, and better outside shooting from SG, we will see much greater production out of Amare, and everybody else, in my opinion.
Nice post I agree with everything you said. + rep

HRFlossy

Rookie
I would rather see if the Knicks can trade him and get involved in the Dwight Howard trade and somehow get Pau to NY. I think the offense would work better with a post player instead of someone like Stat.

--------------------
Ummmmmm. .....no.

Flossy out...:thumbsup:

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
I would rather see if the Knicks can trade him and get involved in the Dwight Howard trade and somehow get Pau to NY. I think the offense would work better with a post player instead of someone like Stat.

Not happening LA is not trading for any big unless it's Dwight the Lakers want a PG badly and 6th man.

I wouldn't mind Amare coming off the bench if either Chandler or Jeffries had a slightly better offensive game, even though Amare has been sub par he still commands a lot of attention and teams still respect him on the offensive end.

But I'd still rather see this team reach it's full potential with Melo and Amare starting.

CA7

Scoring Champ
My 2 cents keep the starting 5 but as the game goes on the rotation should be

STAT
Novak
Fields
Shumpert
Lin

Chandler
Jeffries
Anthony
Smith
Davis

smokes

Huge Member
My 2 cents keep the starting 5 but as the game goes on the rotation should be

STAT
Novak
Fields
Shumpert
Lin

Chandler
Jeffries
Anthony
Smith
Davis

It's nice but I think you need Chandler and Lin to share a lot of floor time they play great together. You can only really play STAT and Novak together when the other teams premier bigs are sitting.

We have a deep team. Melo can command one unit and Stat the other. win win....

Putting ego's aside, having him come off the wood with his own unit will make us stronger and faster....plus it will give other teams nightmares...

This doesn't always have to happen every game but its sure one of the fastest ways to get your team gelling and playing consistant ball. The pieces and potential is there...