Knicks V Cavs - Feb 29 @ 7:30pm. The pivotal 2nd half of the season commences

+ Rep Poll: How many boards will Fields rake in this evening?

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
STAT has proven that he's all talk and no game again so far. He hasn't looked bad, but that 3rd foul was just the mark of an idiot.

Melo needs to learn that Lin gets the ball to the man who's moving, not the man who stands stagnant with a defender in front of him. Melo needs more looks, but he has to make the shots come to him.

Lin is struggling with the double team off picks and it's slowing us down. Late shots in the 24 with no movement. Not good.

What's with the free throws?

What's with the late doubles?

What's with the Knicks?

They just look...............................bad.

nyk_nyk

All Star
smh D'Antoni is doing too much with Lin

I agree. That's not a knock on Lin but lets keep it real everyone, as baron gets his conditioning back and familiarity with the team HE IS the better pg. Everything Lin is learning right now Baron already knows.

They should be splitting minutes.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Why at this point int time would u like Baron at the point over LIn ?

This board gets more and more bizarre.....

I know Baron is rusty right now but he's a better passer than Lin, IMO. And with all the offensive weapons we have in this team in Melo, STAT, JR, Novak, I would want my PG to do more passing rather than looking for his own shot

skisloper

Starter
I agree. That's not a knock on Lin but lets keep it real everyone, as baron gets his conditioning back and familiarity with the team HE IS the better pg. Everything Lin is learning right now Baron already knows.

They should be splitting minutes.

They should not be splitting minutes.....Maybe on the court together at times...but not splitting minutes.....
LIN is not the issue tonight......
Amare and I am a fan seems so lost on the court.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Crazy⑧s;213119 said:
STAT has proven that he's all talk and no game again so far. He hasn't looked bad, but that 3rd foul was just the mark of an idiot.

Melo needs to learn that Lin gets the ball to the man who's moving, not the man who stands stagnant with a defender in front of him. Melo needs more looks, but he has to make the shots come to him.

Lin is struggling with the double team off picks and it's slowing us down. Late shots in the 24 with no movement. Not good.

What's with the free throws?

What's with the late doubles?

What's with the Knicks?

They just look...............................bad.
Yup, Stat looks pretty much the same, he needs to come off the bench with baron so baron can have a legit p&r guy to work with.. jeffries is not cutting it he's not an offensive threat and goes up pretty soft.

Kiyaman

Legend
We dont have any screening for a design play for Melo to take a 15 or 20 foot jumper....
or an easy pick n roll wid Stat to score 3 out of 4 times on the offensive end to eat away this 61-49 lead

Do we need a new Headcoach??????

skisloper

Starter
I know Baron is rusty right now but he's a better passer than Lin, IMO. And with all the offensive weapons we have in this team in Melo, STAT, JR, Novak, I would want my PG to do more passing rather than looking for his own shot

he is 3 for 5 from the field
and 4/5 from the line
with 5 assists...
what should he be doing differently ?

skisloper

Starter
We dont have any screening for a design play for Melo to take a 15 or 20 foot jumper....
or an easy pick n roll wid Stat to score 3 out of 4 times on the offensive end to eat away this 61-49 lead

We need DEFENSE....OFFENSE IS NOT THE ISSUE.....we missed 8 free throws and a bunch of 3 pointers......

CA7

Scoring Champ
he is 3 for 5 from the field
and 4/5 from the line
with 5 assists...
what should he be doing differently ?

he doesn't have command of the game like we need, Davis makes the D do what he wants them to do, Lin is just trying to dribble by guys

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Why at this point int time would u like Baron at the point over LIn ?

This board gets more and more bizarre.....
I don't understand it either, 5 of 7 drives by Lintendo turned into points (hit or/and FTs), kid's got 5 dimes, 3 rebounds causing just 1 turnover... and people are bitching. What the hell are you expecting? Double-double at the half? He's our best player tonight (together with Chandler) and everyone's hating on him instead of moaning about Amare missing almost every shot, Carmelo getting blocked or them both jerking off each other on defense. I know Lin isn't the best defender in the game, but if kid's getting stopped on screens or had to double team you can't blame him...

nyk_nyk

All Star
They should not be splitting minutes.....Maybe on the court together at times...but not splitting minutes.....
LIN is not the issue tonight......
Amare and I am a fan seems so lost on the court.

Besides scoring, Baron looks better with each game running the offense. Once he gets back to 100% basketball shape he will be the better pg. let's not forget he's proven and has a lot more game left. He played great for the Cavs last season.

k260

Rookie
We need to play Defense and have Melo take the last shot. Lin is not a SUPERSTAR (yet hopefully). Lin is doing pretty good in this game. Defense is our issue. The CAVS scored 61pt on us in the first half. come on

skisloper

Starter
he doesn't have command of the game like we need, Davis makes the D do what he wants them to do, Lin is just trying to dribble by guys

At this point if we made our lay-ups or were not fouled LIN would have 7 assists and 10 points....control of the game ???
we scored 49 points....defense is the issue.....

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★

Dantoni is part of the problem, he does not call meaningful timeouts, there's no designed plays for our stars out time outs.

But i think more of the problem comes from, to many players on our team needing the ball to be effective. Your asking ball dominant guys to move the ball around. The spacing is nice ALL the time in the beginning of all our games then it falls apart. Someone has to be traded this is the only way i see any of this working. Amare & Melo rarely pass to each other. it's basically ok lets move the ball around for a couple secs and if the ball falls in melo's hand he takes the shot if the ball falls in stats hand he takes the shot.. or turns the ball over.

If you look at dwade and Lebron they have chemisty were they are able to set each other up for great shots or a easy Lob

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE

Exactly, and call me a hater, but Lin is a terrible ballhandler for a PG. I'm rooting for him to improve that though. But right now, Davis>Lin

skisloper

Starter
Besides scoring, Baron looks better with each game running the offense. Once he gets back to 100% basketball shape he will be the better pg. let's not forget he's proven and has a lot more game left. He played great for the Cavs last season.

10 points, 5 assists and 3 rebounds...1 TO
what more should he do ?