Easy Way Out? STAT Prepared to Sacrifice Numbers for Ws

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Amar?e Stoudemire is averaging 17.5 points per game this season, down from his 23.5 average during his first season with the Knicks.

amare1.jpg

?No worries,?? said Stoudemire. ?I?ve spent a year where I?ve pretty much had to sacrifice a lot of my game. Whatever it takes to win. That?s the ultimate goal. If it?s sacrificing the All-Star Game for the betterment of the team, it?s how it goes sometimes.??

Stoudemire is currently vacationing in the Caribbean.

?The break is always great,?? Stoudemire said. ?You want a break from your job now and then. It?s a great opportunity to unwind and reflect on the first half of the year, enjoy the family, get back to work. Anytime you get a break from the game to kick back, relax and enjoy the family, it?s good. ... I?m going to sit back and relax on the beach, sit in nice, cool shade and hang out.??

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...e_Individual_Numbers_For_Knicks#ixzz1nTp8OZjs

JazRedGT

Benchwarmer
I understand his inconsistency this year. But before we go on about that, would you rather him be complaining and crying to the media about getting more shots? About how he's getting less shot attempts this year? How the offense doesn't flow through him every trip down the floor anymore?

Now back to my first sentence. If he's gonna sacrifice points then he's gotta assert himself in other areas of the game where he doesn't need the ball. IE Defense and rebounding!!

He's 6'11" athletic and strong as shit! No excuses why he's not averaging 10 rebs a game.

fender0577

Rotation player
I understand his inconsistency this year. But before we go on about that, would you rather him be complaining and crying to the media about getting more shots? About how he's getting less shot attempts this year? How the offense doesn't flow through him every trip down the floor anymore?

Now back to my first sentence. If he's gonna sacrifice points then he's gotta assert himself in other areas of the game where he doesn't need the ball. IE Defense and rebounding!!

He's 6'11" athletic and strong as shit! No excuses why he's not averaging 10 rebs a game.
:agreed::agreed::agreed:preach on, preach on.

quiggle

Starter
really full of it, if you really cared about the team to "sacrifice" then demand a trade. thats only way the team will benefit

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Stat always says the right things, but never lives up to what he says thats the thing about it.

example "The teams doing a phenomenal job we just have to play better defense" yet he's one of the main ones not playing the defense

“No worries,’’ said Stoudemire. “I’ve spent a year where I’ve pretty much had to sacrifice a lot of my game. Whatever it takes to win. That’s the ultimate goal.

If he had a "whatever it takes to win" mind state like he stated he would be on the floor going after loose balls, blocking some shots, rebounding EVERYNIGHT not pop up one night grab some boards and the next night look like a ghost. There's other things you can do to help get wins its not always about putting up numbers. I actually blame Dantoni for stats lack of D, coming out of highschool right into a system that teaches no defense what so ever. Cant even blame stat half of the time.

The last thing that came out of Stats mouth that actually came true and happened was "THE KNICKS ARE BACK" ok yes stat you played your ass off one season and rejuvenated the franchise thanks. Now we have a great roaster and want to win a championship, we cant do it without you so wheres the effort on both ends of the floor that we expect you to bring every night. 6'11 athletic one of the quickest/strongest PF's in the game, Stat is very capable of doing more than he's done so far. I wish him the best of luck for a more successful 2nd half of the season.

Last edited:

KingCharles34

All Star
To me this is just Stat reasoning with himself, hes trying to convince himself that hes still the same player he was last year. What gets me is the media supporting this false theory

I ask that the fans, media, and Amarknee himself admit that he aint the same player no more. I still dont get how the media's so quick to bash Melo but they give Stouderetire a pass, makes no sense to me.

And Quiggle said it best, if Negative Stats really wanted to help the team he'd demand to be traded or retire

Part of this is also Stat just trying to save face. Just wait til after this year, i know that JR Smith, Lin, Fields, Jeffries, and Baron are all free agents. I might be missing a few, but when Lin's the only one of those five to return next year, fans will start pointing their fingers at the contracts of Stat and Carmelo. Stats just trying to kiss up to the fans before this starts happening. Even if Amarknee could take a paycut i dont think he would. Hes not the Tim Duncan type

Last edited:

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Seems like a subliminal message. He's been sacrificing for a year, about a year ago we made the trade for Melo. Now I truly understand the difference between a star and a superstar. Melo and at times STAT are stars.

Lebron, Wade, Kobe, CP3 and Durant are superstars. They get it done on both ends of the court and can adapt thier games to play with anyone.

smokes

Huge Member
I think it's just standard media talk nothing special. It's true in a way obviously he's had to sacrifice touches he was the go-to guy last season but I don't see that as being a huge part of why his numbers are down all over the place.

It's not like getting less of the ball on offense is the reason his blocks dropped from 2 to 1.

Amare needs to do better however it pains me when people say they wanna see STAT diving for loose balls and stuff, you really want our most fragile $20 million player diving for loose balls?

KingCharles34

All Star
So, does this mean he doesn't mind Jeffries or jorts starting?

I quickly thought of this.

:lol: :lol:

But seriously, I really think we'd be better off rotating Jeffries, harrelson and Novak at power forward then we our with Stats cottonelle defense, his offensive fouls and his getting his shot blocked. Thats not even including his salary, which would also be a huge positive if we got rid of it. Just thinkin of the money that would free up makes from about 1 inch to 4

CoolClyde

much rather have David Lee @ $12M per, who can rebound, shoot the short jumper, and pick and roll
better than STAT @$20M per. can't get much worse defensively.

STAT was the man as the #1 go-to guy, both on the Suns and last year on the Knicks, but as 2nd or 3rd option,
he's making excuses for not performing or getting it done. even Girafferies is playing better this year. smh

KingCharles34

All Star
much rather have David Lee @ $12M per, who can rebound, shoot the short jumper, and pick and roll
better than STAT @$20M per. can't get much worse defensively.

STAT was the man as the #1 go-to guy, both on the Suns and last year on the Knicks, but as 2nd or 3rd option,
he's making excuses for not performing or getting it done. even Girafferies is playing better this year. smh

I hate to admit it because i was completely wrong about this but David Lee has already easily surpassed Amare and has a superior ranking amongst all power forwards. We got robbed by Amarknee, hes already begun that decline that most players hit a year or two later then him. It wont be any better for him the next year or the following year. David Lee is a guy I can see being a good player for another 5 to 8 years. Why not trade him for an expiring contract now or buy him out? We have players that can fill in and give us more then he does.