Which role player can make the biggest impact the rest of this Season?

???

• Harrelson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jeffries

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Stowdemire

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Shumpert

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Fields

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • JR Smith

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Novak

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Baron Davis

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingCharles34

All Star
*poll coming*

I went with JR Smith, i think he can score the most points in the shortest amount of time. Shumpert would be my second pick because of his defense, an example of his importance was seen in the recent game against the Nets where he didnt play. Had he played, D-Will woulda had half the points that he scored.

Im gonna go with Harrelson in 3rd, if he plays good enough hopefully they'll cut back Amarknee's minutes or even get him out of the rotation.

Last edited:

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
This team will only go as far as Amare. No matter how many people say how bad he is playing or how he is this or that.. You dont go anywhere in the postseason with out a Big time Post player giving you pts/ rbs/ blks

KingCharles34

All Star
^

Jorts, Jeffries, and Chandler will give us that. Amare has always been a softie on the boards. His only strength is or was his offense, but he hasnt been able to do that efficiently consistently for a year now

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
definitely shumpert. hes been one of the better defenders ive seen all year and he could even be the #1 perimeter defender by the end of the season. not only will he stay in front of guards he can strip bigs driving into the paint. thats special and will make up for stats nonexistent defense.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
^

Jorts, Jeffries, and Chandler will give us that. Amare has always been a softie on the boards. His only strength is or was his offense, but he hasnt been able to do that efficiently consistently for a year now

You make a good point man. When Amare has been forcing shit alot for a while. We should shut him down or have him off the bench. I am not ready to give up on him yet he was big for us early on. I don't believe he is completly shot 7 months later:2cents:

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Out of necessity I hope it's BD but in reality it's prob going to be JR then Shump.... Or vice versa... It's a toss up between the two.

KingCharles34

All Star
definitely shumpert. hes been one of the better defenders ive seen all year and he could even be the #1 perimeter defender by the end of the season. not only will he stay in front of guards he can strip bigs driving into the paint. thats special and will make up for stats nonexistent defense.

I respect that i almost had Shumpert first, his jumpshot still needs work but defensively he probably has the most important job.

You make a good point man. When Amare has been forcing shit alot for a while. We should shut him down or have him off the bench. I am not ready to give up on him yet he was big for us early on. I don't believe he is completly shot 7 months later:2cents:
I dont think hes completely shot either. But ever since he got "tired" before we made the Melo trade, Stat has made horrible decisions. Its not just completely about his declining athleticism, his decision making has suffered along with it. He still has enough athleticism left where he should be alot more efficient for us

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
I believe this week D antoni is going to show the team plays to set up STAT because right now he cant do shit if he is more then 10 feet away from the basket... i bet he is designing plays for him right now... plus STAT's athleticism isnt completly gone yet i bet you he can still dunk on people

quiggle

Starter
Knicks management needs to make a pubic apology to Statosphere about willing trading him for CP3, he was offended by it and thin skin 100$ millions wont make up for it. unless they do he will continue to play at pee-wee level

They need to design plays for him around the paint not the parimeter...or have him resting and coming off the bench as a hugh threat that will keep the game flowing. Maybe we will see some of this Wednesday. This weekend is probably the most time they had to do any kind of real practicing. But, if I see the same obvious flaws in the way the coach uses him and melo...I don't know what I'm going to do...

Since Stat is kind of ineffective atm...I'll rest him by having him coming off the bench (sometimes) heading into the playoffs...where you can actually design a gameplan to match the opposition.

The thing I'm worried about is our coach rarely shows coaching ability in the post season. At this time of the year...games are played more tactically...so that run run run philosphy should not be something to rely on...fresh legs will help thou...

Shump and Smith will be the X factors

nyk_nyk

All Star
They need to design plays for him around the paint not the parimeter...or have him resting and coming off the bench as a hugh threat that will keep the game flowing. Maybe we will see some of this Wednesday. This weekend is probably the most time they had to do any kind of real practicing. But, if I see the same obvious flaws in the way the coach uses him and melo...I don't know what I'm going to do...

Since Stat is kind of ineffective atm...I'll rest him by having him coming off the bench (sometimes) heading into the playoffs...where you can actually design a gameplan to match the opposition.

The thing I'm worried about is our coach rarely shows coaching ability in the post season. At this time of the year...games are played more tactically...so that run run run philosphy should not be something to rely on...fresh legs will help thou...

Shump and Smith will be the X factors

:agreed::agreed::agreed: x3

Paul1355

All Star
If Davis can step it up and be like he was in cleaveland then he will be huge. Lin can rest and we can have someone to distribute the ball and score a little bit.

He have been seeing the horrible distribution of Douglas, Bibby and Shumpert....Daivs is legit and we need a legit PG off the bench that will make others better.

Taost2010

Rookie
I look for Landry Fields to step it up and make an impact like he did before the Melo trade. He looks sharp again, seems to have learned how to fit on the floor with Melo, and is benefitting from having a true PG on the floor.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
i wanted to pick JR, but if Baron can come off the bench and work his magic and give Lin some breathers as well as get everyone off the bench involved in the game and getting them the ball in their sweet spots then he's a ++++ for us the rest of the season.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Baron Davis imo. He's the best passer on the team, has more experience than Lin, and might be the best chance for Amar'e to get going.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Amar'e Stoudemire is a role player? Damn. :lol:

I pick Jared JEFFRIES!!!! He said he would take a bullet for Antoni. That says a lot.

portega1968

El Cacique
Why dont we have Toney Douglas among the options?

This team has suffered since losing Balkman, who filled in nicely as The Chemist. It's no wonder we have lost 3 games after The Chemist role was vacated by Balkman.

If Toney can step into that role from the end of the bench, high five the starters as they stroll onto the court, make sure he slaps a butt or two when coach calls a timeout, be the first to jump and emit a primal scream when Stat gets a rebound, then maybe he can surpass Balkman's excellent performance and earn the privilege to be called our new Chemist, and therefore make a huge impact on our team chemistry and performance.

petescud

Starter
I think the top 5 would be Shump, BDavis and JR and Novak and the giraffe....I'm not used to our team being this deep. Too bad this season was crammed into many of them, and they didn't have time to gel

KingCharles34

All Star
Baron Davis imo. He's the best passer on the team, has more experience than Lin, and might be the best chance for Amar'e to get going.
Respectable choice, BDiddy would probably be 3rd on my list even though he should probably be 2nd. Its tough to say, Shumperts defense is a need but so is it more of a need then having a backup PG who can allow Dantoni to rest Lin. And he can also come in and be a playmaker as hes already shown, something we have only 2 of on this team

Why dont we have Toney Douglas among the options?

This team has suffered since losing Balkman, who filled in nicely as The Chemist. It's no wonder we have lost 3 games after The Chemist role was vacated by Balkman.

If Toney can step into that role from the end of the bench, high five the starters as they stroll onto the court, make sure he slaps a butt or two when coach calls a timeout, be the first to jump and emit a primal scream when Stat gets a rebound, then maybe he can surpass Balkman's excellent performance and earn the privilege to be called our new Chemist, and therefore make a huge impact on our team chemistry and performance.

To be honest i just dont consider Douglas a factor at all moving forwards but u made a nice argument for him, im not sure if part of thats sarcasm or being serious but i suppose it helps having a guy on the bench thats more of a cheerleader then anything else but gets the guys pumped up. Douglas is gonna have to work on his reactions after highlight plays if he wants to even be mentioned in the same breath as Balkman