Only 1 game all week

miked1958

Rotation player
Going to be hard to get any momentum going having to wait till wed to play after the long Allstar 6 day layoff. Then to make matters worse we won't play again after we play the Cavs until Sunday. Another 4 days later. That is only 2 games in 10 days...

Sage

Rotation player
This. Is. A. Good. Thing.....

The break will do the team good, plus the ability to actually get a practice in will hopefully do wonders and help the team mesh a little.

They might come out a bit rusty in their first game after the long break, but the potential long-term benefits far outweigh the short-term.

miked1958

Rotation player
Agree

This. Is. A. Good. Thing.....

The break will do the team good, plus the ability to actually get a practice in will hopefully do wonders and help the team mesh a little.

They might come out a bit rusty in their first game after the long break, but the potential long-term benefits far outweigh the short-term.

I said exact same thing in a thread made for predicting what our second half schedule would bring as far as wins and losses.

I said the practice thing would be good for them to mesh. But the long layoff would create a lot of rust. We can't afford any 4-5 game losing streaks to lose all the games we already made up in standings. Not enough time to regroup again. We now really need to be jockying to get to the 4th or 5th seed so we have a chance to win a playoff serious to give us some confidence

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
I said exact same thing in a thread made for predicting what our second half schedule would bring as far as wins and losses.

I said the practice thing would be good for them to mesh. But the long layoff would create a lot of rust. We can't afford any 4-5 game losing streaks to lose all the games we already made up in standings. Not enough time to regroup again. We now really need to be jockying to get to the 4th or 5th seed so we have a chance to win a playoff serious to give us some confidence

Theyll be alright... Theyll come out a bit rusty in the beginning of the Cavs game but theyll feel confident in what they were doing in practice... Plus JR Smith hasnt even practiced with the team yet so everyone will feel more comfortable and shit like that from practice... This week off is crucial for team chemistry and team familirarity... Melo said the Heat game gave the Knicks a blueprint on how to get prepared and play and he is going to bring that back to the Knicks

They need the rest and practice more than anything else...this break probably couldn't have come at a better time. I'm not worrying about the rust...I'm more concern with how they will be playing as a team when this break is over.

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
They need the rest and practice more than anything else...this break probably couldn't have come at a better time. I'm not worrying about the rust...I'm more concern with how they will be playing as a team when this break is over.

Theyll defitnetly be playing better then they have this whole season thats for sure im really confident theyll be playing alot better then they ever had this whole season... Lin and Baron being healthy is one part of the improved team now its about practice and D antoni installing his full offense and fixing the kinks, and same for Mike Woodson, he can install his defense more and fix the kinks, and the chemistry will improve

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
The way the schedule worked out almost perfectly for the Knicks with all their player finally healthy now there couldn't be a better time to hold a mini training camp and rest. Also it allows more time for the Linsanity to subside and the team can focus on just playing together.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
This break couldn't have come at a better time.

We all saw how Lin missed Melo when he was open on occasion recently, so for our 2 best scorers/ball users, a chance to :whatever: 'feel each other out' :whatever: is absolute gold.