Slimmer Shaq adjusting to demanding Heat system

newmove

Rotation player
By Michael Cunningham
Posted October 8 2004
14567307.jpg

Miami -- The big man isn't quite as big as before, and that should only help Shaquille O'Neal play the Heat's style of defense.

O'Neal will be required to move away from the basket to chase dribblers off picks and set traps for the Heat. After three days of practice, including an intensive defensive session Thursday, O'Neal's teammates say he can do it.

"It is not easy for any big guy to do, [especially] the biggest guy in the league," Heat guard Dwyane Wade said. "I give a lot of credit to him, coming in and wanting to do it and getting his weight down so he can do it."
>>>

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
its encessary to because east coast offense usually tend to run fast breaks more the n west coast half court offense

newmove

Rotation player
Hey, Heat say shaq's doing fine, and his defense is fitting the requirements so... I'm not saying he's a beast or something, it's just seems to me he's put alot of work this summer to evaluate himself and bring his game to another level/fit the new expectations or whatever you call it. I hate shaq cuz of what he's said about Mike's possible return to play for the Miami but it's obvious big fella's in the zone.