Amare Stoudemire is a human pile of garbage

delat27

Rookie
im gonna love it...

i have nothing else to say to u guys...always finding someone to blame when everything is going great!!!!!

just put this in ur head stats will turn it around and when he does we become the best team in the nba!!!!

cant wait to tell u all: I TOLD U SO!!!

BUT EVEN THEN U GUYS WILL FIND SOMETHING TO HATE...OR EVEN HAVE THE GUTS TO SAY IT WAS LUCK!!!!

delat27

Rookie
We honestly don't need STAT...not to sound like a hater, but look at this team.

1 - Lin
2 - Smith
3 - Fields
4 - Anthony
5 - Chandler

4 out 1 in motion type offense. We'll move the ball...1-4 can all pass the ball well, Chandler can handle the middle and can get help on the boards from Melo and Fields.

Bench
Davis - passer
Shumpert - slasher SG/SF
Novak - sharpshooter SF/PF
Jefferies - intangibles PF/C

I like that team. alot.

NOW ADD STATS TO THAT MIX AND U HAVE A CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM!!!!ONLY THE BLIND DONT SEE THAT!!!!

smokes

Huge Member
Lol@ some of you blaming Stoudemires poor production on the court on his brother passing away (R.I.P Hazell). Unless you have not been watching the Knicks because your a time warner cable owner, and just didn't feel like streaming the games at the time being, you would know Amare has been playing like crap ever since the start of the season. His brothers death may be somewhat part of the reason but stat has been playing like this even before that.

ALL EXCUSES ARE DOWN THE DRAIN

- But wait we have no point guard stat needs a point guard

- But wait we had a short pre season & training camp

- But wait he added more weight

- But wait Carmelo is ball hogging

- But wait no ones passing stat the ball

- But wait take it easy on him his brother just passed away

- But wait he needs his old goggles

- But wait he's getting the ball to far from the basket

- But wait they need more chemistry

Seriously what's the next wave of excuses, before some of you realize he's not same player and lost his explosiveness. He has a great PG in Lin, and he's currently in his sweet spots. What will make you understand... how many more times does he have to get blocked, how many more missed defensive assignments, how many more failed rebounds. Even the Die hard Stat fans on this board understand Stat has Slowed down and is not the same player.

Even Dantoni sounds concerned about Stat.

I disagree that he is a human pile of garbage, ill never see him as that the man is classy and never makes excuses for himself.

I'll always cheer on stat and hope he get his bounce back, just for the simple fact we wouldn't be where we are today without him, but thats not stopping me nor should it stop anyone else from pointing out his flaws.

Cheering on a player when he's obviously playing like crap is like, a bad Coach cheering on his players when there playing like crap instead of calling a timeout and Addressing the situation.

Probably the best post in this thread.

This entire thread is kinda pointless, there was already 5+ STAT threads on the main forum yet this one with it's horrible negative connotations gets the moderator nod as the "go to" thread.

STAT is playing like crap, bottom line is he will be here until the end of this season at the least. When we have a player of his calibre on the team we aren't gonna bench him or not use him. So you better all hope he returns to form because it's one of the several things that needs to happen for this Knicks team to succeed.

Watching the Thuders play the Magic on TNT
and they had Shaq speaking on halftime about Big men
He was ripping on Dwight saying he needs at least 28 17
then he spoke on Amare for a quick second and said Amare 14 and 5 aint getting it done:gony:
I think some media attention to STAT will get him rolling
like when he first came last season and Media was all over
him. He seems to only play hard when the spotlight is on him
i.e national Tv games

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Watching the Thuders play the Magic on TNT
and they had Shaq speaking on halftime about Big men
He was ripping on Dwight saying he needs at least 28 17
then he spoke on Amare for a quick second and said Amare 14 and 5 aint getting it done:gony:
I think some media attention to STAT will get him rolling
like when he first came last season and Media was all over
him. He seems to only play hard when the spotlight is on him
i.e national Tv games
Shaq is a jack-ass and picks on Dwight when ever he gets the chance, it's now his job to criticsize players on national T.V. Shaq also said Bynum was the leagues best center and the only true big man. that whole nba cast of chuck, shaq, earnie and Kenny is a big joke there clowns, the only one who keeps it real half the time is KENNY.

The way the Magic launch 3 pointers, Howard is actually doing beyond great on the boards this season. 19ppg, 15 rpg.

Hell if i was Dwight Howard i would want to leave that 3 point Orgy team the magic possess too

Why does Amare have to put up these incredible numbers? i have no prob with amare dropping 14 points as long as he's doing the little things to help the team win he does not have to put up 25+ every night look at our roaster. Amare/chandler/Melo/Lin/chandler & arguably the best bench in the NBA. The only player i expect to put up decent numbers is Carmelo Anthony, since he's most likely the best player on our team & capable of exploiting defenses and getting his shot and getting to the foul line whenever he pleases.

Last edited:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
so your saying its the moneys fault?
It wasn't your job to practice and give effort on the guitar those few months was it?

It's all about effort for me. Amar'e can get dunked on, blocked, fumble the ball, etc., but when I see him let players go uncontested that's what I hate. Perhaps I've been too hard on him because before last night's game he was giving effort on D and wasn't taking bad shots the previous few games, but he's gotta do that consistently.

fender0577

Rotation player
608_stop-posting.gif
LMFAO, classic.

TakMan

Rotation player
Phoneix has one of the best centers in the NBA in Marcin Gortat and Markieff Morris, a Rasheed Wallace type PF... has crazy potential. Phoneix is doing fine without Amare. They need a SG and a SF tho.

Gortat is having a decent season this year (I guess someone had to) however at 28, I don't see him suddenly exploding onto the elite scene. They've gone from being a consistent winning team and playoff performer, to a losing team. Also let's not forget that this is two wasted years where they could have utilised Steve Nash (who is not getting any younger) and they haven't. All this taken into account, their rebuilding gamble is a risk that may well not pay off. In the mean time the Knicks are enjoying what is probably the most complete roster in the NBA (depth included), and Stoudamire's arrival last year is a direct consequence of this influx of great players and good role players. Now if only we can maintain this squad for a good couple of seasons, I certainly will assert that we have fared much better than Phoenix have.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
This doesn't make sense so I'll reply with something that doesn't make sense.

fapping.gif

Bro don't waste your time with these people. There's a difference between being a fan and being blind to the facts. Man I hope that STAT turns it around but from the looks of it, Amare should pray December 21st comes sooner.

skisloper

Starter
LOL...thats what im doin !!!ur rooting for our distruction!!!thats for sure...wut u suggest trade amare and start over again...think before u type!!!the knicks have it all right now...and when we become champs im gonna rub it in all ur faces!!!knicks never win championships cuz of people like u...always wanting something new if wut we have doesnt produce wut u want!!!a player in one team could score 40 and in another only score 10 and be a champ in that team...and there and great examples of that(kidd, garnett, etc...)only the true players that r willing to risk it all for the team r the true players...and thats amare and about any player on these knicks!!!

Dude your missing the point completely....
you wrote " Suggest a trade a start over "
Thats the point.....we are now in a position that we are a solid NBA contender...
Replace AMARE with 20 million dollars of other players and we only get better,,,,....
Did you not watch him flapping his arms as Kyle Irving went flying thru the lane ?

You cannot just worry about this year...his contract if he does NOT improve will be suffocating to the Knicks for the next 3 years,,,,,,,so if you can move him then move him.

metrocard

Legend
Gortat is having a decent season this year (I guess someone had to) however at 28, I don't see him suddenly exploding onto the elite scene. They've gone from being a consistent winning team and playoff performer, to a losing team. Also let's not forget that this is two wasted years where they could have utilised Steve Nash (who is not getting any younger) and they haven't. All this taken into account, their rebuilding gamble is a risk that may well not pay off. In the mean time the Knicks are enjoying what is probably the most complete roster in the NBA (depth included), and Stoudamire's arrival last year is a direct consequence of this influx of great players and good role players. Now if only we can maintain this squad for a good couple of seasons, I certainly will assert that we have fared much better than Phoenix have.

Per 36
17.1 ppg
11 rpg
1.7 bpg
.8 spg
2.2 fpg (amazing to play great defense but low on fouls)
56% FG
1.7 TOs (low turnover = efficiency)

If thats decent, the please show me whats good? Then show me whats great....at the center position.

Amare wouldn't help Phoneix out now, so whats your point? Gortat is better than Amare and Morris is on his way to becoming a better all around player.

Phoneix finish 2 games under .500 last year, and they're 5 games under .500 this year, they're not the 50 win team they had back in the day, but it doesn't change the point Amare is damaged goods. You give Phoneix a good wing player, they become a good team again.

Dudley Grant Hill and Channing Frye won't get it done.

TakMan

Rotation player
Per 36
17.1 ppg
11 rpg
1.7 bpg
.8 spg
2.2 fpg (amazing to play great defense but low on fouls)
56% FG
1.7 TOs (low turnover = efficiency)

If thats decent, the please show me whats good? Then show me whats great....at the center position.

Amare wouldn't help Phoneix out now, so whats your point? Gortat is better than Amare and Morris is on his way to becoming a better all around player.

Phoneix finish 2 games under .500 last year, and they're 5 games under .500 this year, they're not the 50 win team they had back in the day, but it doesn't change the point Amare is damaged goods. You give Phoneix a good wing player, they become a good team again.

Dudley Grant Hill and Channing Frye won't get it done.

This Gortat thing needs to be given less significance. Phoenix are not a good team so it makes sense that there will be a player over performing. Check out his career stats and tell me how many years he's been playing this way for.

Morris. Are we seriously going to discuss Morris? I know the press has been talking about his similarities to Barkley but unless I see it for myself I will not pay any attention to it. His defence is no where near as good and neither is his shooting. Will he develop? Dunno. It's all speculative.

As for Stoudamire being washed up. You seem to forget he was our most consistent player last season. He almost won us the first game of the Celtics series when Anthony was shooting 5-18 (Injury followed unfortunately). I understand people's demands for more of an effort on the defensive end (though we all knew he was never that type of player) however it still stands that had he not come to NY last summer, you would be viewing an entirely different roster to what we have at the moment. Anthony, Davis, Chandler, J.R Smith; they all followed. Let's see some respect for someone who is still the natural captain of the team. To call him washed up this early, and to bring current non-entities into the equation such as Morris, while others advocate getting players like Bargniani, is some of the most non-sensical crap I've read. Give him this season before you start ranting. He's earned this much patience from us.

TheScowl

Rookie
Lots of posts in this thread, I haven't read them all, but I know people are down on Amare.

He may not prove worthy of 100 mil, a deal he got - it seemed to me at the time - because the Knicks were desperate. After waiting 2 years for LBJ, and getting shut out, they were a bit panicked at the thought of getting zilch out that FA bonanza.

I think expectations need to be tempered. He can still help the team win, it's just that he's more like Chris Bosh (not a big 3 but big 2 1/2...) in Miami.

I think what Amare is missing is some booty
No lie if you remember we started out 3-8 last
year and quickly turned it around and went on a 8 game win streak
Funny this is around the time Amare started dating Amber Rose
Then he went on a 9 game 30+ scoring rout with 2 40 point games
We've seen this before with Kris Humphries and Kim K and how he played
Melo needs to get LaLa to hook Amare up with a broad

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
This Gortat thing needs to be given less significance. Phoenix are not a good team so it makes sense that there will be a player over performing. Check out his career stats and tell me how many years he's been playing this way for.
Do you realize that Gortat was Howard's backup for more than three years while in Orlando? Look at his per 36 stats last seson after he was traded to Phoenix:
15.8 PPG, .562 FG%, 11.3 RPG, 1.5 BLK, 1.4 TO.

TakMan

Rotation player
Do you realize that Gortat was Howard's backup for more than three years while in Orlando? Look at his per 36 stats last seson after he was traded to Phoenix:
15.8 PPG, .562 FG%, 11.3 RPG, 1.5 BLK, 1.4 TO.

Do you realise that he didn't even make the playoffs last year, and is not looking any better for this year, whereas his predecessor (Stoudamire) made the Western Finals the year before? Are you all seriously going to compare Gortat to Stoudamire??!

Average teams always have one player playing beyond his means. It doesn't mean they are star quality.