Amare Stoudemire is a human pile of garbage

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Amar'e left Nash hanging. He's about nine years older and gives 100% on both sides of the floor. Seriously, Nash's great play didn't even get him to the Playoffs last season and Amar'e is making all that money and not giving it his all.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
You mean more time than Baron had to get back to being productive? Also, STAT always said he was healthy and never complained about back issues. Newsflash: EVERYONE HAD A SHORTENED TRAINING CAMP.

The more excuses you pile up for him the worse it makes him look.
THIS. Even when Baron struggled offensively in his first few games he gave great effort on defense. And now after a few games? He's BACK, and he's going to get better.

Jeffries is earning the vet. min. he's getting paid, and deserves more than that. Amar'e hasn't even earned the vet. min. most of this season.

KingCharles34

All Star
Like I said before Amare owes Nash at least half of that 100 milli. Great points made by runningjump, Baron had 9 months off (3 more then Atari) but we've already seen more from him then we've seen from Amare all year.

DrB

Benchwarmer
Back up to Chandler

Then the bigger question is where does STAT fit.......
Does he come off the bench ? Play back-up to Chandler and let him go back to playing center like he did a lot lat year ?

At what point do you dismiss his 20 million and what he has done in the past and judge by what he is doing now. No matter what the reason he is playing scared on defense and offense he is pushing too much......Whats the best way to utilize a game that can take over a game but for right now is waiving his hands directing opposing players into the lane..

MAKES SENSE FOR NOW.....

p0nder

Starter
#1. Amare is not getting traded. period. there's no way. get over it and stop with the silly ass trade ideas. I see "Here's the trade i'm thinking about" and immediatly stop reading your post. you aren't grunwald and the Knicks aren't even looking to make any further roster changes.

#2. Amare typically has better 2nd halfs then 1st halfs

#3. Amare is healthy, being praised by his teammates and working diligently to get into basketball shape after bulking up the help his back recovery and play the 5.

#4. it's crazy how fast fans of this team will devour anyone on the team not scoring or punchin people in the mouth. How fast of a turn around did we have on Melo? the guy came here, played awesome in the playoffs and before the season even started there were trade melo threads up. It's madness. Amare came here and brought the knicks back to relevance and everyone wants to trade him after a subpar half of one season where we are still in the playoff mix?? Nah man. He will bounce back.

#5. This is a championship caliber squad and you want to mess with it because amar'e isn't scoreing 25 points? we don't need STAT to get 25 any more with Lin and Melo on the team. And with Tyson on the defensive end STAT's questionable defense is a non-issue. So why do you want to trade him??? for the consistently under-performing Elton Brand? For Luis Scola??? am i even reading this right??? send us some of that shwag y'all are smoking cause that shit must be laced with angel dust or something for me to be seeing all these funky ass trades.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I was sad watching those Playoffs commercials last season with Nash in it bleeding by the eye and it didn't look good for him making it to the post-season.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
#1. Amare is not getting traded. period. there's no way. get over it and stop with the silly ass trade ideas. I see "Here's the trade i'm thinking about" and immediatly stop reading your post. you aren't grunwald and the Knicks aren't even looking to make any further roster changes.

#3. Amare is healthy, being praised by his teammates and working diligently to get into basketball shape after bulking up the help his back recovery and play the 5.

#4. it's crazy how fast fans of this team will devour anyone on the team not scoring or punchin people in the mouth. How fast of a turn around did we have on Melo? the guy came here, played awesome in the playoffs and before the season even started there were trade melo threads up. It's madness. Amare came here and brought the knicks back to relevance and everyone wants to trade him after a subpar half of one season where we are still in the playoff mix?? Nah man. He will bounce back.

#5. This is a championship caliber squad and you want to mess with it because amar'e isn't scoreing 25 points? we don't need STAT to get 25 any more with Lin and Melo on the team. And with Tyson on the defensive end STAT's questionable defense is a non-issue. So why do you want to trade him??? for the consistently under-performing Elton Brand? For Luis Scola??? am i even reading this right??? send us some of that shwag y'all are smoking cause that shit must be laced with angel dust or something for me to be seeing all these funky ass trades.
Again, unless somebody wants to see it for entertainment, nobody gives a shit if Amar'e scores 25 points. It's his effort that is pissing people off.

johnstarky

Rotation player
Carmelo said while he was in Denver that he loved the core of David Lee and Danilo Gallinari. Melo wanted to come here period, he wanted to be the man LeBron was to much of a pussy to be and save NY basketball, Amare or not.

Jordan wanted to come here? Can you tell me that story never heard it lol

and stop talking about the past. Tracy McGrady was amazing on the Raptors and led them to the playoffs but now he's crying on a bench in Atlanta. Things change. Amare led us last year but this year his horrible mental toughness and his stuborness to alter his game have been exposed.

He's not even a leader. If he was when the media was ready to crucify Carmelo he would have stepped in and sais "Look im having a bad year and Carmelo has been carrying a lot of extra weight, this is my fault". A leader should be willing to protect his men at all costs. Not stand by abd let them get torn apart. Amare is a joke and has proven that he has no where to go but down this season.

How many players over the years have said nice things about NY and the players on the Knicks but ended up not signing with them? Didn't Melo also have some sort of interest in the Nets as well? Don’t all NBA players who are goingto become free agents and are looking for a nice contract somewhere say wonderful things about other teams? It is a business tactic. If Melo was so fond of playing for the Knicks why was he worried more about what he was goingto receive in the new CBA and not about playing for the team he so loved? I'mnot knocking Carmelo or saying that it was all about the money for him but Amar'e did have a lot of influence in Melo's decision to come here.

If I'm not mistaken there was talk of a potential Michael Jordan signing inthe 90's.

Now that you brought him up, Tracy Mcgrady is another example of how bipolar many NYK fans could behave when it comes to their team. I remember how hyped many people were when the Knicks traded for him 2 years ago. Some people even went as far as saying that Mcgrady deserved a max contract and deserved to be Lebron James' second option on the Knicks.But when fans realized that Mcgrady was a shell of his former self they quickly turned on him and started calling him names such as Kneemac, T-crack, even though he was on the Knicks for a hot second and wasn’t in their future plans.

After Carmelo signed with the Knicks this clearly wasn't Amar'e's team anymore. He was no longer the go-to guy. It was difficult for him not to be the second option on offense to a guy that has been averaging 25 points per game throughout his career and is a top 5 player in the NBA.

And what does being a vocal leader have anything to do with a team’s overall success? There are a number of stars in the NBA who aren’t that vocal but are on teams that win on a nightly basis. Would the Knicks be a better team if Tyson Chandler and Carmelo Anthony spoke up for Mike D’antoni every time NYK fans and the media crucified him? Are they not true leaders because they aren’t constantly tweeting and speaking to journalists about how it isn’t fair for people to bash the Knicks whenever they’re doing poorly?

I could care less about how much money Amar’e is making or about how he conducts himself off the court or about how many excuses he gives people or whether he puts in 70 percent effort or 110 percent effort as long as the Knicks are winning and he’s contributing. The beef that NYK fans have with Amar’e is the fact thathe isn’t producing like he use to produce and that the Knicks were playing horrid basketball before Lin’s emergence. When Amar’e was carrying the Knicks lastyear you rarely heard any NYK fans criticize his work ethic or his vocal skillsor call him a joke and a pile of garbage.

You can’t dismiss a player in the middle of a shortened season. Amar’e has enough time to prove himself and I’m sure that if he does prove that he is close to the player that he was last year many NYK fans will jump on his bandwagon again and you will see less threads like these appear.

Last edited:

skisloper

Starter

Because the Knicks have evolved and caught some great breaks with Lin, Novak, Davis , Smith and the signing of Chandler....

If this was Stat's last year it would not be an issue BUT he has a MAX contract of 20 million and we can spread that 20 million alot deeper then what Amare is giving us....KEEP reminding yourself that he is getting paid more most superstars

skisloper

Starter
How many players over the years have said nice things about NY and the players on the Knicks but ended up not signing with them? Didn't Melo also have some sort of interest in the Nets as well? Don?t all NBA players who are goingto become free agents and are looking for a nice contract somewhere say wonderful things about other teams? It is a business tactic. If Melo was so fond of playing for the Knicks why was he worried more about what he was goingto receive in the new CBA and not about playing for the team he so loved? I'mnot knocking Carmelo or saying that it was all about the money for him but Amar'e did have a lot of influence in Melo's decision to come here.

If I'm not mistaken there was talk of a potential Michael Jordan signing inthe 90's.

Now that you brought him up, Tracy Mcgrady is another example of how bipolar many NYK fans could behave when it comes to their team. I remember how hyped many people were when the Knicks traded for him 2 years ago. Some people even went as far as saying that Mcgrady deserved a max contract and deserved to be Lebron James' second option on the Knicks.But when fans realized that Mcgrady was a shell of his former self they quickly turned on him and started calling him names such as Kneemac, T-crack, even though he was on the Knicks for a hot second and wasn?t in their future plans.

After Carmelo signed with the Knicks this clearly wasn't Amar'e's team anymore. He was no longer the go-to guy. It was difficult for him not to be the second option on offense to a guy that has been averaging 25 points per game throughout his career and is a top 5 player in the NBA.

And what does being a vocal leader have anything to do with a team?s overall success? There are a number of stars in the NBA who aren?t that vocal but are on teams that win on a nightly basis. Would the Knicks be a better team if Tyson Chandler and Carmelo Anthony spoke up for Mike D?antoni every time NYK fans and the media crucified him? Are they not true leaders because they aren?t constantly tweeting and speaking to journalists about how it isn?t fair for people to bash the Knicks whenever they?re doing poorly?

I could care less about how much money Amar?e is making or about how he conducts himself off the court or about how many excuses he gives people or whether he puts in 70 percent effort or 110 percent effort as long as the Knicks are winning and he?s contributing. The beef that NYK fans have with Amar?e is the fact thathe isn?t producing like he use to produce and that the Knicks were playing horrid basketball before Lin?s emergence. When Amar?e was carrying the Knicks lastyear you rarely heard any NYK fans criticize his work ethic or his vocal skillsor call him a joke and a pile of garbage.

You can?t dismiss a player in the middle of a shortened season. Amar?e has enough time to prove himself and I?m sure that if he does prove that he is close to the player that he was last year many NYK fans will jump on his bandwagon again and you will see less threads like these appear.

He also got paid 20 million dollars last year, You should care what he is making I think that a major issue......

johnstarky

Rotation player
The thing that bothers me the most about this debate is how people point to Amar'e's contract in order to defend their position against Amar'e knowing that the man was offered a superstar's contract because he was playing like a superstar before he received that contract. And that whenever any player receives a max contract from a team there are always risks involved because that player could either suffer a career ending injury or that player could physically or mentally decline. But these risks shouldn't stop a team from trying to improve themselves by acquiring a top level player.

NYK's fans would have caused a riot had Donnie Walsh not signed any major free agents in the summer of 2010 and the whole 2010 plan would have been one major flop.

The Knicks in no way were going to acquire Amar'e 2 seasons ago by giving him less than the max. Apart from Dwyane Wade, Lebron James and Amar'e Stoudemire there were no players in the 2010 free agent market that deserved a max contract.

It's interesting how when a good player achieves people do not care about his paycheck but when a good player underachieves one of the first things that people criticize is the amount of money that he makes. If you have a problem with how much money an athlete on your team makes then you should just simply not buy his mechandise or spend money watching him. Amar'e was simply doing the right thing by taking the most money he could ever earn in his lifetime. Don't get upset at the athlete that's being paid all this money, be upset at the people who allow athletes to get paid all this money.

Last edited:

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
The thing that bothers me the most about this debate is how people point to Amar'e's contract in order to defend their position against Amar'e knowing that the man was offered a superstar's contract because he was playing like a superstar before he received that contract. And that whenever any player receives a max contract from a team there are always risks involved because that player could either suffer a career ending injury or that player could physically or mentally decline. But these risks shouldn't stop a team from trying to improve themselves by acquiring a top level player.

NYK's fans would have caused a riot had Donnie Walsh not signed any major free agents in the summer of 2010 and the whole 2010 plan would have been one major flop.

The Knicks in no way were going to acquire Amar'e 2 seasons ago by giving him less than the max. Apart from Dwyane Wade, Lebron James and Amar'e Stoudemire there were no players in the 2010 free agent market that deserved a max contract.

It's interesting how when a good player achieves people do not care about his paycheck but when a good player underachieves one of the first things that people criticize is the amount of money that he makes. If you have a problem with how much money an athlete on your team makes then you should just simply not buy his mechandise or spend money watching him. Amar'e was simply doing the right thing by taking the most money he could ever earn in his lifetime. Don't get upset at the athlete that's being paid all this money, be upset at the people who allow athletes to get paid all this money.

You are the man a true knick fan. :gony:

metrocard

Legend
John why you think Phoneix didn't want to keep Amare? They have the best athletic training staff in the NBA. The saw that Amare wasn't the same, his shot was easy to block and was not a max player. Amare is currently a Spurs version of Antonio McDysess with more touches and no defense. Its a problem because this isn't a temporary thing. Amare's limitations are timeless. He won't acquire his athelicism back

nyk_nyk

All Star
Amare is healthy, being praised by his teammates and working diligently to get into basketball shape after bulking up the help his back recovery and play the 5.
Once again, where did you hear that he was bulking up preparing to play center??

This is a championship caliber squad and you want to mess with it because amar'e isn't scoreing 25 points? we don't need STAT to get 25 any more with Lin and Melo on the team. And with Tyson on the defensive end STAT's questionable defense is a non-issue. So why do you want to trade him??? for the consistently under-performing Elton Brand? For Luis Scola??? am i even reading this right??? send us some of that shwag y'all are smoking cause that shit must be laced with angel dust or something for me to be seeing all these funky ass trades.

Dude, are you even paying attention to what you type??

I'm not an advocate for trading him at the moment, but your post didn't really support your argument.

johnstarky

Rotation player
John why you think Phoneix didn't want to keep Amare? They have the best athletic training staff in the NBA. The saw that Amare wasn't the same, his shot was easy to block and was not a max player. Amare is currently a Spurs version of Antonio McDysess with more touches and no defense. Its a problem because this isn't a temporary thing. Amare's limitations are timeless. He won't acquire his athelicism back

The Knicks were in a situation in which they were desperate to acquire talent and weren't going to miss out on acquiring available talent after promising their fans for 2 years that they were going to rebuild through the 2010 free agency. It would have looked bad on the NYK's front office had they not signed anyone that summer after blowing up the team and forcing their fans to watch a couple of seasons of losing basketball.

I agree that I was one of those people that was worried about Amar'e's overall health and durability.And that Phoenix didn't want to take a shot at Amar'e because they didn't believe he was a franchise player and were concerned about his knees. But he managed to play at a high level for Phoenix and in the NBA the numbers that a player puts up or the potential that a player has seems to catch the attention of certain GM's more than his medical record does.

I wish Amar'e were as durable as Kurt Thomas but unfortunately he has had an injury plagued career and has a lot of mileage on his body. The best thing that Amar'e could do if he doesn't come back to what he was last year is concentrate on rebounding and defense instead of scoring.

skisloper

Starter

His contract is everything.
At 20 million a year it eats up a lot of our cap room and our flexibility.
I do not think it makes anyone less of a fan or harsh by saying that YES we agreed with the signing of Amare and he has up until this year carried the Knicks and given his heart and soul. And for those 2 years he was paid 40 million........
Now we are in a situation where we do not need Amare to carry the team, His game as been totally off and his CONTRACT is eating up our flexibility to make us strong for the next few years.......If its possible to trade him I am sure we fill the CURRENT needs of the Knicks better then using it all on Amare...

If we do not trade Amare I do think come playoff time he will step it up and it will be a plus having him......I am concerned about if he does not turn it around and the Knicks are stuck with a 20 million dollar contract,,,,,,,Why roll the dice if we can trade him ?????? whats the loss ? That amare gave his heart and soul to the Knicks ???? 20 million a year he should.

TakMan

Rotation player
John why you think Phoneix didn't want to keep Amare? They have the best athletic training staff in the NBA. The saw that Amare wasn't the same, his shot was easy to block and was not a max player. Amare is currently a Spurs version of Antonio McDysess with more touches and no defense.

How's that decision worked out for Phoenix again?