Stat needs the ball more

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
I though the team look more stable, with BD running things, LIn was like a wild man out there at times, he scares me, but not as much as antoni.

Yea thats why I think in a few weeks Baron should get the starting job I don't think Lin will be ready to play Miami, Chicago, or Boston on the road in a crucial game 7 as a starter. Plus he played so well with most of the bench players during his run a few weeks ago.

sligoker

Rookie
STAT should be shooting more than LIN, C'mon.STAT, need to get in rhythm, but our offense has been so sporadic, it's hard for anyone, even melo to find a rhythm.I love LIN, but he's all over the place, so it's hard to get comfortable with him, he needs to slow down sometimes. It's STAT fault also, he wanders 20feet from the hoop, way to much, he needs to hang out on the baseline 90% of the time, and i guarantee he'll improve.Someone needs to tell him, layups help your jumper, not the other way around.

Stat can barely get off the ground. He stands around playing defense and cant elevate. I think his best days are behind him.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
There's a reason stats not getting the ball

He Cant shoot for $hit this season, Nor can he drive by his defenders

He gets the ball shoots and all you can do is cross your fingers.

Stat celebrates if he even has a chance to get to the foul line. I know you all see his fist pump celebrations.

If anything tyson chandler needs to get the ball more, he's not a offense power house but when ever he did go up with the ball he had a knack for getting to the foul line where he's been very efficient.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
No one brings up how putrid STAT was when Phoenix got Shaq, and the comparison to how uncomfortable he's looked with Chandler on the court with him. Throw in his slowing down, and we have a prob.

This goes beyond hating on the man. History says he's not at his best at PF, but at center with a Boris Diaw type 4 on the court with him, to space and move the ball. When he's put into that role...he struggles.

But I dunno how much folks look at stuff like that when they say "I think he'll come around."

His athleticism returning is a question mark; his completely re-working his game, to be comfortable with a space eating center operating down low while he's also on the court? I dunno about that.

There was a play, or two, today w/ Chandler on the bench, when he ran the PnR like the STAT of old, then got son'd at the rim. But when Chandler's on the court, the STAT of old is no where to be found, and the "new" STAT looks old as shit.

Remember, when we got Amar'e we didn't have a true 5. It's not as simple as saying "give it time, he'll turn it around." It didn't work when Shaq was down low, occupying space and bringing his man down there as well, it doesn't seem to work when Chandler occupies space and brings his defender their either.

Food for thought.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Like I said before this team will not get anywhere with STAT being basically a role player he has to play better and that comes with getting more touches. This is beyond just giving him the ball in isolation Lin has a hard time finding STAT period.