Knicks @ Dallas: Tuesday, March 6th, 8:30pm

+ Rep Poll: How many TOs will Lin have tonight?

• Total voters
Crazy⑧s;214701 said:
I think it's a genuine likelihood. I also don't feel all too comfortable that we're a lock for the post-season. There's every chance of 8th seed getting wrestled from us and us not being able to manage a tough schedule to get it back.
I dunno.. I dont have much faith in the Bucks or Cavs being able to knock us out of the playoffs.. But yeah we definitely can't go into a slump here in the second half

tiger0330

Legend
Should have won that game in Boston, maybe we would have still lost if we took that foul but I would have loved to see D'Antoni give that foul to see if it would work.

Something still missing with this team, chemistry, wrong guys starting or whatever but we should not be 1 game under .500 in the last seed.

We need to start putting together a winning streak and no better place to start than in Dallas.

KingCharles34

All Star
Im still salty over yesterdays loss, I cant lie about that. But i guess its time to move on, however i fear that Dallas will be very motivated after losing to us a week and a half ago. I, like Crazy and Steph Marbury, can see us hovering around .500 the rest of the year

:SuicidalKnicksFan:

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
Should have won that game in Boston, maybe we would have still lost if we took that foul but I would have loved to see D'Antoni give that foul to see if it would work.

Something still missing with this team, chemistry, wrong guys starting or whatever but we should not be 1 game under .500 in the last seed.

We need to start putting together a winning streak and no better place to start than in Dallas.

Id say to put Shumpert in the starting lineup over Fields now, the 2nd unit can look like this Baron at PG, JR at SG, Fields at SF, Jeffries at C or Harrelson and Novak at PF?

1st unit would be automatically better with scoring, and defense and 2nd unit will be good with defense and rebouding, Fields is a ok defender but a good rebounder, Jeffries is a great rebounder and defender, etc

Kiyaman

Legend
Its getting harder and harder for me to get over these Dantoni losses....
I thought after Dantoni TANKING consecutive seasons I would get used to it.
I didnt!
With All the talent we have on this Knicks roster we should be the leader of
the Atlantic Division....watching KG screen off Rondo defender then take two
steps back to screen off Pierce defender for Pierce to shoot over a smaller defender
is an easy drawed up play Tyson Chandler screened for Kidd & Dirk all of lastseason.

Why cant Dantoni draw-up a play like that for Melo....Im sure Knicks fans are getting
tired of Melo ISO plays.

We are on the road the next 3 games....Dallas lost a close game tonight vs OKC
and face us at home,

I really wish I was feeling a win here but I don't know how I feel after that heartbreaker on Sunday and us on the road vs the Mavs....

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
I really wish I was feeling a win here but I don't know how I feel after that heartbreaker on Sunday and us on the road vs the Mavs....

Well Brendan Haywood just sprained his ankle today in the OKC game, and we had a day of rest those are positives, the team also practiced today

KingofNy

Starter
Lin will get his share of turnovers but he has to shoot more

Stop passing to useless amare i cant stand him blowing shots and getting blocked

Put Novak in over him once he starts bricking open shots

+3. Amarknee is a $100M piece of trash. At least Novak can consistently shoot and play BETTER D than Stat. Stat is the worst defender on our team by a long shot. I hope we find a way to rid us of his bad contract and Eddy Curry like play. We have better chances of winning the lotto, I know. One can dream tho.

BTW... Nice game thread Crazy!

Eman

Benchwarmer
Mavs just lost to the Thunder. Both teams coming off a loss now. Tension builds.........da dum dum....

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
We usually get raped in Dallas... it'll will be extremely hard to win that one, especially with lack of defense by Amare and Carmelo. Let's hope our second unit can make it done.

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
Id say to put Shumpert in the starting lineup over Fields now, the 2nd unit can look like this Baron at PG, JR at SG, Fields at SF, Jeffries at C or Harrelson and Novak at PF?

1st unit would be automatically better with scoring, and defense and 2nd unit will be good with defense and rebouding, Fields is a ok defender but a good rebounder, Jeffries is a great rebounder and defender, etc

yeah Shumpert needs to start, Fields is not a starter in this league and never will be. Shump is better defender and better scorer and most of all he plays with confidence, Fields looks scared out there especially against good teams.

TakMan

Rotation player
Nowitzki's back to his old self following a slow start to 2012. He will be the number one threat. Question is, how do we approach marking him. I think Jeffries is probably the most sensical option here, as Nowitzki is relatively soft, therefore Jeffries would probably do a good job containing his drives, and Jeffries' perimeter D is good enough to allow him to do a decent job on the mid/long range shots. Just a thought. We tried Shumpert last time and that failed miserably. Any other suggestions?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Yahoo! Preview

One of the signature performances during Jeremy Lin?s rise came when he led the New York Knicks to a nationally-televised victory over the defending NBA champion Dallas Mavericks.

carousel_MavericksGameday_460_120229.jpg

Lin is now enduring some woes heading into a rematch with the Mavericks on Tuesday - a night on which Tyson Chandler will receive a championship ring in his return to Dallas.

New York (18-19) had lost 17 of 19 meetings to Dallas (22-17) before Lin had 28 points, a career-high 14 assists and five steals in a 104-97 home win Feb. 19. He drew praise from point guard counterpart Jason Kidd afterward.

The Knicks sensation, though, has now hit a rough patch, missing 20 of 27 shots and totaling eight assists and 14 turnovers over consecutive road losses.

?I?d rather be going through these tough times right now than in the playoffs,? Lin said. ?So just trying to learn as much as I can and hopefully we can make a push.?

Chandler can expect a warm reception from the Dallas fans after he helped the franchise win its first title in his lone season with the Mavericks by leading the club in rebounding and blocks.

?I?m just really looking forward to being back here,? said Chandler, whom the Mavericks dealt to New York in December. ?You know, last year was incredible. I felt a lot of the emotions from the fans here, I know how much they respect my game and what I was able to bring last year.?

Chandler had 14 points and 10 rebounds in the first meeting with Dallas. He could have an easier time Tuesday if Mavs starting center Brendan Haywood does not play.

Haywood sprained his left ankle on the first possession of Monday?s 95-91 loss at Oklahoma City and did not return.

The Mavericks have dropped six of eight, beginning with their loss to the Knicks. They came to New York on a season-high six-game win streak before their up-close view of ?Linsanity?.

Dallas played a fairly good game Monday before being outscored 8-0 over the final 2:45.

?We haven?t really been sharp on our execution at the end of ball games and that?s hurt us,? guard Jason Terry said. ?Not a big concern because I know the type of team we are. We thrive in those situations.?

Dirk Nowitzki scored 27 points on the heels of his season-high 40-point effort in Saturday?s win over Utah. He and coach Rick Carlisle were not happy that the host Thunder shot 33 free throws compared to 10 attempts for Dallas.

?I don?t want to be accusatory to the officials,? Carlisle said. ?I thought our guys were aggressive enough to have deserved a few more chances.?

The Knicks are also among the NBA?s best teams in getting to the line mainly because of Carmelo Anthony, who missed last month?s meeting while sidelined with a groin injury. Anthony became a Mavericks nemesis during the 2009 playoffs, when he averaged 30.0 points against them in a playoff series victory with Denver.

The All-Star forward has had mixed results in five games alongside Lin in the starting lineup, averaging 18.4 points - more than three below his season average - on 41.7 percent shooting.

?We definitely have the talent, it?s just about coming together at this point,? Chandler said.

unloopme

Benchwarmer
Another nice thread bro.
I'm back after a few days off, and all I read on this board is negativity.
F U C K all that noise! Let's get out of D-Town with a W! Let's go boys!

portega1968

El Cacique
Tyson getting his ring tonight at the AA Center.

I will witness it all from section 306, row K, seat 11.. center court upper level.

I am so hyped!!! Got my Lin shirt ready and counting down the less than 5 hours left to see us repeat the W against the desperate champs.

GO NY GO NY GO!!!

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player

There is something slightly off and imo it's the starting back court, they don't mesh well with Melo and Amare to start games imo, I really think if Davis and Shumpert started that thing that you feel is missing which I agree with will be found.

Great TITS. I just heard something that I find very interesting and true when I go back and think about it. Woman with smaller breasts are better lovers...

wynton

Rookie
Considering what Lin did during their last match, I have to figure that Kidd and the rest of the team will be pretty motivated to stop him.

This week is absolutely brutal: 5 games in 7 nights, and all of them are losable games. Tonight might be the second easiest of the entire bunch (with the other being an away game at Bucks).