Melo needs the ball more...and iso.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Am I the only one seeing this? I know he's coming back from injury recently so he's still coming back to form, but I feel the moving the ball should stop to a certain point. I'm tired of Melo holding the ball more than one second and Knicks fans at the Garden groan. It's like they they would rather him score 0 points, yet Lin can drive to the basket wildly for his own shot several times a game. Melo's iso game makes things scary for defenders. When he gets on a streak that opens up things for his teammates. This doesn't mean ball movement has to stop, but unless we're ON, we need to use our elite scorer to create double teams.

Melo has shown he can score by cutting and all that, but we need a guy to make the other team go "oh shit!", which Melo can do.

Melo tried to do what the fans have wanted him to do, then tried to do his style previously, let the man find his way into the flow of the team, don't groan at him, it might be getting into his head. He cares. He needs to go into Kobe mode and not give a f***. We're likely gonna need Melo scoring in bunches, iso or not.

Last edited:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Carmelo should be allowed to get some isolation plays every game, what we saw at beginning of the season was just ballhogging, but now that we have two decent point guards who can run the show and Carmelo isn't supposed to play the point forward anymore he should be getting some isolation stuff. It'd add some variety to our games, our P&R plays become too predictable, playing isolation once or twice would bemuse the defense as well.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
he needs to take over.

You mean going 1 on 5? No, thank you.

Melo is the most lethal scorer on this team but he can't do it without help. I like how he moved today without the ball. We're going to be ok. This team will become better down the road.

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
Carmelo should be allowed to get some isolation plays every game, what we saw at beginning of the season was just ballhogging, but now that we have two decent point guards who can run the show and Carmelo isn't supposed to play the point forward anymore he should be getting some isolation stuff. It'd add some variety to our games, our P&R plays become too predictable, playing isolation once or twice would bemuse the defense as well.

+1 couldnt be more true

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
+1 this is the first post of yours Ive seen that was positive.
Hell im even gonna rep you for it!
This couldnt be any more right!

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Stat needs the ball more, Melo needs the ball more, I need the ball more to throw in the faces of some of you idiotic posters/lurkers in the Game thread. It's like Jungle in their when were losing. :|

TakMan

Rotation player
Well he got the ball yesterday in overtime; lost us the game. Got the ball against the nuggets; lost us the game. Hasn't won us a game thus far (minus the first game of the season), so giving him the ball more may not be too good an idea. He is bricking away this year. He needs to assess his game on a day to day basis. When he's on a roll, he should shoot, when he's missed a few good shots, he needs to limit his shots otherwise our very good and consistent role players will not be utilised. 8-21 is a disgusting % for a 'star' player to have. This % is also more or less his average for the season.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Well he got the ball yesterday in overtime; lost us the game. Got the ball against the nuggets; lost us the game. Hasn't won us a game thus far (minus the first game of the season), so giving him the ball more may not be too good an idea. He is bricking away this year. He needs to assess his game on a day to day basis. When he's on a roll, he should shoot, when he's missed a few good shots, he needs to limit his shots otherwise our very good and consistent role players will not be utilised. 8-21 is a disgusting % for a 'star' player to have. This % is also more or less his average for the season.

he lost us the game are you serious bro

did you not watch and see all the blown calls and poor coaching by C'ANToni

CA7

Scoring Champ
Honestly I hate when we play at home, the fans are fcking pure idiots, I mean did you see Lin trying to take the whole Celtics team by himself I was furious

Melo and STAT were getting destroyed by Boston inside and got no calls at all and both had solid statistical games.

I wont blame our lost on any 1 player but if I had to then I'd say it was Lin

TakMan

Rotation player
he lost us the game are you serious bro

did you not watch and see all the blown calls and poor coaching by C'ANToni

The second the game goes to overtime (regardless of what's happened beforehand) you have 5 minutes to win starting from point zero. Anthony mostly, and Lin -to a lesser extent- decided to take full responsibility for what happened regarding the Knicks offence during those 5 minutes; therefore the blame should mostly lie with them. He shot under 40%. He's been shooting just under 40 all season. It's inexcusable. Obviously he can do better; but at the moment he's not too different to Toney Douglas in my estimation.

CA7

Scoring Champ
The second the game goes to overtime (regardless of what's happened beforehand) you have 5 minutes to win starting from point zero. Anthony mostly, and Lin -to a lesser extent- decided to take full responsibility for what happened regarding the Knicks offence during those 5 minutes; therefore the blame should mostly lie with them. He shot under 40%. He's been shooting just under 40 all season. It's inexcusable. Obviously he can do better; but at the moment he's not too different to Toney Douglas in my estimation.

as physical as that game was you gotta see him missing more than he makes, regardless of the fact he put us on his back in the 4th quarter and like I said Lin killed us(trying to be SuperMan), the refs(bad calls, no fouls for us, Shumps tech) and D'Antoni(letting Boston roll the ball up the court, not fouling them and sitting Tyson for most of the 4th also keeping Lin in tooo long)

TakMan

Rotation player
as physical as that game was you gotta see him missing more than he makes...

Problem is he's been doing this throughout the season, not just against Boston. Had he performed like the Anthony of seasons gone by during this season, I would have no issues with him taking it upon himself to win us this game, but the truth is he hasn't resembled last year's Anthony in any way this season. He's taking more or less the same amount of shots, but scoring far less. Of course there are many factors to take into consideration regarding this loss, but the second someone decides to take the team's offensive destiny into his hands, he needs to be held accountable for this decision.

Last edited:

CA7

Scoring Champ
Problem is he's been doing this throughout the season, not just against Boston. Had he performed like the Anthony of seasons gone by during this season, I would have no issues with him taking it upon himself to win us this game, but the truth is he hasn't resembled last year's Anthony in any way this season. He's shooting the same, scoring far less. Of course there are many factors to take into consideration regarding this loss, but the second someone decides to take the team's offensive destiny into his hands, he needs to be held accountable for this decision.

but he's also been asked to run the team and score all season he's also played injured and then was asked to be a role player now they want him to take over LMAO, thats a big problem, regardless I wont accept 8/21 every night like he has been BUT if its in a physical game and we have no choice then so be it, he also went 9/10 from the line AND only took 1 3-pointer so I'm not upset with his performance

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Lol @ people trying to equate playing the point, and being asked to score 25 to ball hogging. Yea...ask a pure scorer to switch up his game, and magically see the court through the eyes of a lead guard when he's a 6'8'' wing, who's only played that position in his entire collegiate and NBA career.

Ball hogging means you have no business with the ball in your hands, but yet you do. When your coach says "please have the ball in your hands, and run the show" and when the dude tries, but keeps reverting back to old habits, while averaging the most assists per game than he has at any other point in his career...I see a man playing out of position, looking like a fish out of water, while doing a poor job of accomplishing the task his coach gave him.

Carmelo Isoing is one of the most dangerous occurrences that can happen in a basketball game. There's a reason why he was voted by his peers as the hardest cover in the league. He just can't be the one killing his dribble to iso, pivot, and then shoot. When he's given the ball with an unused dribble, in Iso....good luck.

fender0577

Rotation player
Lol @ people trying to equate playing the point, and being asked to score 25 to ball hogging. Yea...ask a pure scorer to switch up his game, and magically see the court through the eyes of a lead guard when he's a 6'8'' wing, who's only played that position in his entire collegiate and NBA career.

Ball hogging means you have no business with the ball in your hands, but yet you do. When your coach says "please have the ball in your hands, and run the show" and when the dude tries, but keeps reverting back to old habits, while averaging the most assists per game than he has at any other point in his career...I see a man playing out of position, looking like a fish out of water, while doing a poor job of accomplishing the task his coach gave him.

Carmelo Isoing is one of the most dangerous occurrences that can happen in a basketball game. There's a reason why he was voted by his peers as the hardest cover in the league. He just can't be the one killing his dribble to iso, pivot, and then shoot. When he's given the ball with an unused dribble, in Iso....good luck.
:agreed:Melo is a beast in ISO, but i think he's still trying to fit back in, a little to much.He need to be a little more aggressive.:gony: