Who would you rather have on this team right now: Oakley or STAT?

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
If we're talking about both in thier prime I have to go with Amare. We cant afford to have Tyson and Oakley, two players who are offensivley challenged on the court togehter and expect to beat elite teams.

Amare in his prime was a scary dude. Players like Duncan and Garnett had trouble mathcing up with him because of his explosiveness and quickness.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Amare. Although Oakley developed a legit 15-20 footer, he is a good pick and role big, Amaremare Duncan his b1tch in the playoffs.

metrocard

Legend
Oakley all day, even though he would lead the NBA in flagrants and foul out every game in today's era of the NBA.

KingCharles34

All Star
Amare, ainec.

Sadly, Amare also may be a player who is past his prime before he hits 30, :barf:

Sadly, I believe hes already past his prime. I mean, he could somehow get going and end up being a factor for us down the stretch. I havent ruled that out, but based on what we've seen I wouldnt bet on him. I'd bet against him, its really frustrating seeing him slowing down already when hes only in the 2nd year of his 100milli contract.

As far as which one i'd rather have in their prime, its a coin toss in my opinion. Stoudemire was never a good defender, but NOBODY not Garnett or duncan could slow him down. He was a beast on offense and you could rely on him easily outscoring whatever PF he went up against.

Oakley didnt have nearly the offensive ability but he was ten times the defender Stoudemire ever dreamed of being and he was so much tougher. He could and he would slow down anybody. He wasnt as bad of an offensive player as Stat is a defensive player.

iSaYughh

Starter
Sadly, I believe hes already past his prime. I mean, he could somehow get going and end up being a factor for us down the stretch. I havent ruled that out, but based on what we've seen I wouldnt bet on him. I'd bet against him, its really frustrating seeing him slowing down already when hes only in the 2nd year of his 100milli contract.

As far as which one i'd rather have in their prime, its a coin toss in my opinion. Stoudemire was never a good defender, but NOBODY not Garnett or duncan could slow him down. He was a beast on offense and you could rely on him easily outscoring whatever PF he went up against.

Oakley didnt have nearly the offensive ability but he was ten times the defender Stoudemire ever dreamed of being and he was so much tougher. He could and he would slow down anybody. He wasnt as bad of an offensive player as Stat is a defensive player.

+1

If we didn't have Chandler, I'd say the toughness and manhood of Oak is worth more than anything our plaid shirt PF could deliver on offense.

But it is truth that Amare was unrivaled as the most dominant offense force in the NBA, pre-injury.

He couldn't be stopped; possibly, just contained to some degree.

A legit EVOLUTIONARY type player; like Lawrence Taylor was to the linebacking position, a total game changer of skills and abilities to his position.

KingofNy

Starter
We'd be title contenders with Oakley. Amarknee can give a crap about the Knicks or winning. The only thing he cares about his his fancy meals from his personal chef, what new books are coming out and finding new clothes to wear to his next fashion party in the hamptons. I wish we never paid Stat, looking back it was a massive mistake that almost no one could've predicted. The guy plays like he's 39 and he's 10 years younger.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
If we're talking about both in thier prime I have to go with Amare. We cant afford to have Tyson and Oakley, two players who are offensivley challenged on the court togehter and expect to beat elite teams.

Amare in his prime was a scary dude. Players like Duncan and Garnett had trouble mathcing up with him because of his explosiveness and quickness.

I agree with this Amare at his best is way better than Oakley ever was

Paul1355

All Star
In their prime of course

is this even a question?

Oakley hands down.

Amare was never known for his defense or rebounding and thats what wins games, especailly on this team. We don't need scoring from the PF position, we need toughness, rebounding, and defense and Amare has been lacking this all year. SMH

Eman

Benchwarmer
Amarknee can give a crap about the Knicks or winning. The only thing he cares about his his fancy meals from his personal chef, what new books are coming out and finding new clothes to wear to his next fashion party in the hamptons.

Too good. LOL!

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
is this even a question?

Oakley hands down.

Amare was never known for his defense or rebounding and thats what wins games, especailly on this team. We don't need scoring from the PF position, we need toughness, rebounding, and defense and Amare has been lacking this all year. SMH

What do you mean you don't need a scoring PF yes you do, you shouldn't have two defense only bigs down low that limits your starting lineup so much. Would I like Amare to be a complete defensive and offensive player yes but if I had to choose between a prolific scorer like Amare was at his best or a great defender that can do nothing else next to another great defender who can do almost nothing else I'm going with the offensive player it's all about balance stop letting you current Amare hate cloud your judgement of how dominant Amare was or can be at his best he's an MVP caliber player at his best. A matter a fact this shouldn't even be a discussion prime Amare is way better than Oakley could ever dream of.

Paul1355

All Star
What do you mean you don't need a scoring PF yes you do, you shouldn't have two defense only bigs down low that limits your starting lineup so much. Would I like Amare to be a complete defensive and offensive player yes but if I had to choose between a prolific scorer like Amare was at his best or a great defender that can do nothing else next to another great defender who can do almost nothing else I'm going with the offensive player it's all about balance stop letting you current Amare hate cloud your judgement of how dominant Amare was or can be at his best he's an MVP caliber player at his best. A matter a fact this shouldn't even be a discussion prime Amare is way better than Oakley could ever dream of.

Ok first off take a look at the thunder, serge ibaka and perkins own teams
Down low on defense and westbrook durant provide the offense and we need amare to box out and hustle and actually attempt to block a shot...he was atrocious in the spurs game...oakleys toughness and ability to rebound and block shots would inpact this team like tyson does...a
Physical presence that demands attention and is a voice...amare is not intimdating anymore on offense and rarely brings
It on defense abd your arguement is about the old
Amare and the future amare...stop ignoring the crappy amare that u watch every night the soft amare that wont box out a frigin player at all or
Play a lick of defense and blame a
Lack of energy for every loss like his coach mike dantoni...this team needs toughness and balls and rebounding and defense....other
Players should step up on offense if we had oakley instead of stat....defense wins not offense and amare only brings offense but ja having his worst year....amare in his prime was last year and he was still soft on defense and rebounding and he lacks mental toughness when he is not the go to scorer