Carmelo Anthony, the new Glenn Robinson.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
You're in denial man. C'mon let's be serious, BG is an athletic freak but he is far from a polished PF. And yes he's always on SC because of his highlight dunks. What are you watching?

Blake rebounds good because he jumps high and quick plus he's fast on the break. That alone can get you double doubles playing starter minutes.

Posts like this are why I can't be on this forum kickin it back and forth with dudes too much.

Please tell me this was an attempt at sarcasm?

Rob Low

Rotation player
Peep this so you don't think I'm just saying shit just to say it.

Blake Griffin Statistics Generated Scouting Report 2011

Blake Griffin has amazing scoring ability

Can get his shot off easily

Adequate from three point range

Gets to the line at will

Terrible free throw shooter

Not a good jump shooter

Good penetrator

Amazing post up game

Solid in an uptempo game

Blake Griffin has solid offensive rebounding ability

Outstanding on the defensive glass

Blake Griffin is a sensational passer

Pretty good ball handler

Blake Griffin is not a player who will get steals

Not a player who will get blocks

Pretty good at stopping open looks

Weak perimeter defender

Outstanding inside stopper

Weak guarding in transition

Blake Griffin has outstanding strength

Excellent quickness

Blake Griffin is a fantastic basketball player with superstar ability

http://www.nbapostup.com/blake-griffin-scouting-report-2011

All the things that are bolded are false

metrocard

Legend
The Melo of 2011-2012 even with his shooting slump was never questioned as one of the elite scorers/game changers in the league, period. Everyone was just waiting for him to get his A game back, which he did.

I'm glad he got his game back, we def need it with Lin and Amare out.

But you can't be in denial about Melo giving us a lot of terrible games. I admit to Melo and his amazing play of late. But you can't admit to Melo and his fail earlier in the season. Don't you see the imbalance in that?

This is why this thread has gone so long, a lot of people are in denial and stick to their points to the death, no one is open to new ideas.

You started the list based on production and consistency, so not even including Melo was dumb from the start. Over the course of many pages you have slowly changed your definition of what your list really means. Bottom line is that Melo is a top 10 player in the league, even with average defense.

Melo, James and Durant are "probably the most elite SFs you can find". Now what?

I didn't change anything about my list, don't be delusional now.

James and Durant are tier 1 SF's. A level players. MVP candidates

Melo is tier 2. Deng, Dala, and Melo B+ level players, all star players who impact the floor Deng and Dala with their defense and versatility and Melo with his scoring.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I dont believe you Jim but it doesnt matter either way. I learned a long time ago to never debate with you. When someone twists what you say and puts their own spins on other peoples arguments, theres no way anyone can win in your mind. Its almost like when your in a debate, you revise your opponents post to make the debate easier for you. Same thing some of these posters were doing in here. I (metrocard too) was arguing that Carmelo is not a top 15 player this year which includes 4 months of the season, not one month. And we were both factoring in defense too, many posters on here would ignore what we wrote and reply to us talking about offense only and the past month. Thats a prime example of what you always used to do, I just feel theres other posters more worthy of my time.

But if i see you post in a game thread something like "Nice play by Shump", i might reply and say I agree. Other then that, its nothing personal. Just business as always

And I don't usually don't debate you and the rest of the Starbury crew because you make no sense. First of all, six years is a long time to troll one board so maybe the fact I bother to post here at all is because I am a Knicks fan who just HAPPENS to live in Chicago. It does happen you know. I am a STL Cardinals fan as well and that goes over just like a fart in church here in the CHI as well. Speaking of the Cards, Puljols got off to his worst start in his 10 year Cardinal career last year. Did Cardinal Nation go up in arms and start talking s**t??? No because we knew it was only a matter of time. That is what being a KNOWLEDGEable fan is all about. Same goes for MELO. He got off to an explainable rough start now he is doing what he has always done throughout his ENTIRE NBA CAREER. Melo is the best closer in the NBA next to KOBE. That says something. That says all your top 15 lists are bogus if Melo isn't in the top five. NUFF SAID.

metrocard

Legend
This n!gga messed around and got a triple-double...

And I was there to witness it.

Close thread.

Semi-Negative rep for:

1. Reaching
2. Vailed hate

P.S. The garden loves the Novakaine

One.

Do you really have to be that extremely ignorant? Just because you disagree doesn't mean you have to exploit your stupidity.

If anyone is going to ignore the facts I presented and act like I'm just hating on Melo all day...you're really trolling and taking a dump on the forum real hard. This forum has been nothing but quality post...hate to see it turn into garbage because Melosexuals don't know how to carry themselves and speak fairly on this conversation.

The Title of the thread wasn't really a diss, I'm just presenting an idea that Carmelo is overvalued and I fairly made some points that are backed with the statistics. I don't have much time on my hands(work at 6AM till 3PM, boxing 4PMto7PM), I just know my resources.

Don't hate.

Aint hatin bro, but it just seems that way to me. Melo is easily better then some of those guys you put down. You will either find out, or make excuses when he wins a championship. You will say this or that instead of saying he deserves it, because he is at least 2 handfuls of the best basketball players in the world.

metrocard

Legend
Aint hatin bro, but it just seems that way to me. Melo is easily better then some of those guys you put down. You will either find out, or make excuses when he wins a championship. You will say this or that instead of saying he deserves it, because he is at least 2 handfuls of the best basketball players in the world.

You posted no facts. Thanks for sharing your opinion and predictions though.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
All the things that are bolded are false

So I'm supposed to believe you over a statistics generated scouting report? K.

:agreed:Blake is nice, but ROM kinda overstated his abilities.

Who?It's Ron guy.. I posted from a legit source. If you read the thread you'd see that all i said about him is that he had good footwork and post up ability, which will be confirmed by just about any scouting report you'll find.

As the late great MC Guru once ripped, "stop fantasizing and bring some real shit next time..".

jimkcchief88

All Star
Do you really have to be that extremely ignorant? Just because you disagree doesn't mean you have to exploit your stupidity.

If anyone is going to ignore the facts I presented and act like I'm just hating on Melo all day...you're really trolling and taking a dump on the forum real hard. This forum has been nothing but quality post...hate to see it turn into garbage because Melosexuals don't know how to carry themselves and speak fairly on this conversation.

The Title of the thread wasn't really a diss, I'm just presenting an idea that Carmelo is overvalued and I fairly made some points that are backed with the statistics. I don't have much time on my hands(work at 6AM till 3PM, boxing 4PMto7PM), I just know my resources.

Don't hate.

Metro: Just eat your helping of crow and be done with it. It happens to the best of us...I have hated players on my home teams into being superstars... Happened to me with Dwayne Bowe and Jamaal Charles...Now I have both of their jerseys... snap out of it because right now you are digging yourself a hole that will go deep enough to CHINA...Say hello to STARBURY when you get there lol:)

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Seriously dude??

He's on sportcenter all the time because he makes spectacular plays. Okay.

There are alot of little things he does very well which make those plays possible. You need more than athletic ability to put up numbers the way blake has in the nba.

What youre claiming isnt even possible.

I just really disagree with you on Black Griffin and yes I have watched a lot of Clipper games this season on league pass since I like CP3. But really watching and analyzing Blakes game from a skill stand point he's mad raw and overrated.

I know it's only his 2nd year and I really do think he's gonna get a lot better as of right now I think your overrating BG. He's shows signs of potential in the post once in a while but as of right now he's game is mostly athleticism by a long shot.

Yea and stats can't show you someone's skill set or footwork so idk what your talking about in that other posts, that stat generated scouting report just see's that he gets most of his buckets down low so it generates so generic comments "like good low post scorer" when he does not have a good low post game yet.

And to the Melo critics talking about how 1 month of great play doesn't trump the 3 terrible months he's had nobody is disagreeing that Melo played like trash those months, it's a lot of us were not ready to throw him out of the top 10 because of small 3 month stretch of his 9 year career where he's usually played at a high level.

Last edited:

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I just really disagree with you on Black Griffin and yes I have watched a lot of Clipper games this season on league pass since I like CP3. But really watching and analyzing Blakes game from a skill stand point he's mad raw and overrated.

I know it's only his 2nd year and I really do think he's gonna get a lot better as of right now I think your overrating BG. He's shows signs of potential in the post once in a while but as of right now he's game is mostly athleticism by a long shot.
Dont let him fool you.
Your posts have spoken the truth about Blake Griffin.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound

Yea and stats can't show you someone's skill set or footwork so idk what your talking about in that other posts, that stat generated scouting report just see's that he gets most of his buckets down low so it generates so generic comments "like good low post scorer" when he does not have a good low post game yet.

And to the Melo critics talking about how 1 month of great play doesn't trump the 3 terrible months he's had nobody is disagreeing that Melo played like trash those months, it's a lot of us were not ready to throw him out of the top 10 because of small 3 month stretch of his 9 year career where he's usually played at a high level.

Blake Griffin is like a more athletic Karl Malone before he got his J. He just doesn't have a Stockton and a bread and butter p n r to lean on yet. Why Del Negro doeznt run more p n r w Blake n Chris baffles me. But I digress..

Sir he's not at all overrated. Dude was drafted number 1 overall and has done nothing but get better each year he's been in the league while putting up prolific numbers.

CP3's prolly my favorite player so I've watched my fair share of Clips games too. Plus I've been watching this game for a long time man. I know how to break down players. You geniuses who think you can tell who's overrated and isn't are usually wrong. And there's a gd number of ya on the forum nowadays.. That dudes numbers and game don't lie.

What you guys aren't doing is distinguishing his tendencies at the moment from his actual skill set. The only thing he doesn't really do consistently is shoot it from the perimeter and the ft line. But he does handle it well,especially for a big. He's a v strong rebounder. He's a load in the paint for defenders offensively. He's a very competent passer. And he's smart, tough and humble. That scouting report is v accurate in my opinion based on wht ive seen.

Its funny also how all the people whove seen it and talked nonsense posted nothing to back it up. I could post 5 more reports that wont contradict a thing ive said, or the original report i referenced.

Last edited:

Rob Low

Rotation player
Im gonna just stop watching basketball games from now on and just base all my opinions on stats because looking at stats is more reliable then actually watching games with your own eyes apparently