Carmelo Anthony, the new Glenn Robinson.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Relax there fluff man.

btw Jamaican chicks give the craziest cabeza and ride the staff very well, had my first experience couple weeks ago but I can't get this chick to stop calling me. You want me to hook you up? :lol:

No need I got them to spare i'll plug u if ever make it to the CHI! U can hav watever u like:)

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
It's fun seeing the team win, now that Mike Antoni's gone.

Mike Woodson coached the team with the same players, and got the Knicks playing .700 basketball.

Carmelo Anthony is playing like he did in Denver. If he can do this in the playoffs, the Knicks could beat the Heat or Bulls.

metrocard

Legend
Too many contradictions to be taken seriously. Please re-read and revise. These assertions are both foolish and contradictory on several levels, not to mention devoid of logic and proper (i.e. economic, probability) context.

All I can say (because I don't feel like pointing out the many inaccuracies) is

*Teams win championships not players

*There is ONE Durant and ONE James, and THIRTY teams

*The ONE Durant and ONE James, have yet to be on a TEAM that has won a chip...go figure

*Then you went to comparing Melo to Loul Deng; he hasn't played on a championship squad either.:shrug: With all his defensive skills, Melo hit two game deciding shots on him... those happen sometimes :shrug:

*Melo has been here two years (1.5)... we've made the playoffs two years... go figure

*Then you mention logic, right before you create a fictitious "Kidd-Hill-Kemp" hybrid. Wow.

*We can all do without the tangents and the honorable D'Antoni mention. Thanks. :smokin:

* and the attempt to alienate Melo fans with this Melosexual shit...

my n!gga thats embarrassing, sad, and desperate all rolled up in one :smokin:

Stop using big words you don't know the meaning of and how to place them in statements.
Team wins championships, thank you captain obvious.
There is one Kevin Durant and one LeBron James? You don't say? Tell more about about this, because I thought they had twins running around the entire time.

Go figure? Why don't you figure LeBron has keep most of the team he's been on an elite-championship contending level, can you figure that out or are you still pondering why on earth theres only one LeBron James and so fascinated with your discovery that you decided to share it with us?

Melo in 9 attempts, has only made it out of the first round once with his teams. May you figure that one out? Its not about how many championships, per say...lets think a little more deeper here. It's about what players ELEVATE their teams level of play to CONTEND. Tyson Chandler elevated the Knicks into a top 5 defensive team in one year. Tim Duncan, Shaq, Malone, Ewing are all big men who elevated their teams into an elite contending level because of the unstoppable forces they were. Elite players elevate their teams.

Even Melo's scoring and ability to play with his teammates this MONTH has elevated us greatless and we've been scoring without a PG, (which of course has made Lin look weak, where as the difference between me and the Melosexuals is that I actually point out when Lin's stock is low, where as Melosexuals hide in the closet till Melo breaks out and don't even have much to say anyway). Lets give credit where credit is due.

Peace out.

that wasn't my point of the post guys were saying we weren't winning til Lin came but since Woody has taken and Lin has been out we are winning and he isn't gettin all the credit, so are we better without Lin in Woodson's system........maybe its been working but no one is saying that

I want Lin to succeed but not at the cost of the media proclaiming him the savior, my sig used to read "teams win championships" not Melo not STAT not Lin its all of them coming together

Its funny anyone on here can say something negative about anyone other than Melo without you havin a bitch fit, maybe you're just like Charles Barkley and just talk bull-shit all day with the hopes of something intelligent coming out of your

Regardless of what you say I'm true to the O&B and you can call me a Melosexual, cus its obvious your just a lesbi-LIN

You can really much apply this post to yourself, so it really goes no where.

Good one with the Lesbi-lin.

How about we hop off Melo's sack and talk about what our team needs to win, Melo is not no damn Glenn Robinson and he is a top 5 talent and top 10 player in this game, how ever way you cut it he is a top 10 player,what more can we ask for then a top 10 player on the face of the earth playing for our team? Why do we make an insulting thread about the guy when he chose to come here to help NYC return to glory?

HRFlossy

Rookie
WOW!!!!!

Questioning Melo, Our true Superstar..? This thread is beyond stupid!!!! We are in the playoffs for the second straight year ALL thanks to Melo.

Stop complaining on the fact that we are not Miami or Chicago, and start Loving the fact that We Are The New York Knicks. We play our way and with Coach Woodson it starts with Defense, unlike Dan'tonio....?

Flossy out...:peace:

metrocard

Legend
The only stupid people here are the ones who reply to this thread after Melo's amazing month(thank god for that).

It's old thread, bumped in being stressed out by Melo's poor first half of the season.

Learn how to READ, before you use to the word stupid on anything.

This thread is pretty much due to the fact everyone is repeating themselves and sounding really unintelligent.

We support Melo as Knick fans and get frustrated when our players don't preform, it goes for every player.

Time to let it go, because you guys are looking profoundly retarded and need a slap to the face.

If you're a newbie, TRY your best to not ACT like one.

HRFlossy

Rookie
I have ALWAYS felt that way about Melo, Not just last month. (it's called he was injured). :thumbsup:

Coach Woodson actually stresses Defense and that is what we needed as a Head Coach!

But I understand that you Dislike the Knicks! So I'm sorry. But Some of us actually understand that in a shorten season it takes time to GEL!!!

Flossy out...:peace:

metrocard

Legend
Its easy to come out and say that now dude, so just go back to the hole you crawled from and stay there. You're just proving yourself to be a bandwagon and fairweather fan.

Its easy to come out and say that now dude, so just go back to the hole you crawled from and stay there. You're just proving yourself to be a bandwagon and fairweather fan.

So just to make it clear metro:

What is the point of this thread and what's your attitude towards Melo?

Was it meant to be a positive or negative comparision?

Do you like Melo or don't like Melo?

I can't make anything out of this 20-page thread, because imo you wind around like a snake.

The initial OT seemed to be a negative comparision to me, because all I can think of when I hear the name Glen Robinson is a fat and overpaied forward who was more injured than healthy......

Now in your last post you seem to call people out who critiziced Melo.

I don't get this, enlighten me!

What's your stance?

metrocard

Legend
So just to make it clear metro:

What is the point of this thread and what's your attitude towards Melo?

Was it meant to be a positive or negative comparision?

Do you like Melo or don't like Melo?

I can't make anything out of this 20-page thread, because imo you wind around like a snake.

The initial OT seemed to be a negative comparision to me, because all I can think of when I hear the name Glen Robinson is a fat and overpaied forward who was more injured than healthy......

Now in your last post you seem to call people out who critiziced Melo.

I don't get this, enlighten me!

What's your stance?

Point of the thread was to point out Carmelo's scoring alone won't get this team far, and has similar tendacies and scoring efficiency to Glen Robinson(Carmelo is obviously better)

My attitude towards Melo isn't emotional. When I was younger, I was a very patriotic National Puerto Rican team fan, and we had a weak SF/PF. Melo would of been perfect on the team but opted out the offer to play on a loaded USA squad. Thats why in 2004, when PR beat USA 92-73, it was huge because LeBron, Melo, and Wade were on that team. Melo has been an excellent Olympic player and clutch player, but he also has had his downfalls. I will credit and critique Melo when the time is right. I have very little regard and respect for people who come out the closet (if they're anti melo, they'll come out when he's doing bad or if they're pro melo, they'll come out when he's doing good). The only true Melo fans are really CA7 and a few others here who will stick with Melo through the good and bad.

20 pages, I'm still saying the same thing, only difference I'm giving credit to Melo for doing what he's suppose to do. Why is that so hard for you to grasp? You think I made this because I hate Melo? Really...we have to be less sensitive in here.

My stance is real, and everyone on this site knows me I'll keep it real and factual...I like stats and I like research, I'm not a cheerleader for Melo, I'm just a dedicated fan to my teams future.

I was never an advocate of Melo being the primary focus on this team, and never will be...hence when I made the comparison to Glen Robinson. Melo's impact will have its limits, and the people on this thread who are wrong are the ones who believe Melo is untouchable and better than Kobe, Durant, LBJ and etc....the same guy who only made it out the first round 1 out of 9 attempts with a very talented Denver squad.

The problem is too many Melosexuals eat their own bullshit, shit it out and eat it off the floor and continue that cycle again.

If you couldn't appreciate and understand the facts, information I presented in this thread, then you obviously have an agenda yourself.

As for I, my stance is mobile. I will credit Melo when he does good and I will support him for future success because it'll make us a better team. But my knowledge is clear that success may be limited because Melo isn't a top 10-15 player for a full NBA regular season.

Den318

Benchwarmer
Point of the thread was to point out Carmelo's scoring alone won't get this team far, and has similar tendacies and scoring efficiency to Glen Robinson(Carmelo is obviously better)

My attitude towards Melo isn't emotional. When I was younger, I was a very patriotic National Puerto Rican team fan, and we had a weak SF/PF. Melo would of been perfect on the team but opted out the offer to play on a loaded USA squad. Thats why in 2004, when PR beat USA 92-73, it was huge because LeBron, Melo, and Wade were on that team. Melo has been an excellent Olympic player and clutch player, but he also has had his downfalls. I will credit and critique Melo when the time is right. I have very little regard and respect for people who come out the closet (if they're anti melo, they'll come out when he's doing bad or if they're pro melo, they'll come out when he's doing good). The only true Melo fans are really CA7 and a few others here who will stick with Melo through the good and bad.

20 pages, I'm still saying the same thing, only difference I'm giving credit to Melo for doing what he's suppose to do. Why is that so hard for you to grasp? You think I made this because I hate Melo? Really...we have to be less sensitive in here.

My stance is real, and everyone on this site knows me I'll keep it real and factual...I like stats and I like research, I'm not a cheerleader for Melo, I'm just a dedicated fan to my teams future.

I was never an advocate of Melo being the primary focus on this team, and never will be...hence when I made the comparison to Glen Robinson. Melo's impact will have its limits, and the people on this thread who are wrong are the ones who believe Melo is untouchable and better than Kobe, Durant, LBJ and etc....the same guy who only made it out the first round 1 out of 9 attempts with a very talented Denver squad.

The problem is too many Melosexuals eat their own bullshit, shit it out and eat it off the floor and continue that cycle again.

If you couldn't appreciate and understand the facts, information I presented in this thread, then you obviously have an agenda yourself.

As for I, my stance is mobile. I will credit Melo when he does good and I will support him for future success because it'll make us a better team. But my knowledge is clear that success may be limited because Melo isn't a top 10-15 player for a full NBA regular season.

Yesterday's game is an example why he is not a top 10 or even 15 player in the league. The most important game of the season and he .....without a better word....SUCK ass.

Yesterday's game is an example why he is not a top 10 or even 15 player in the league. The most important game of the season and he .....without a better word....SUCK ass.

Yup Carmelo is the only great to have 1 bad game in the opening game of a series, he just sucks ass.

Thanks for the clarification and explanation bro!

I pretty much agree with you.

And I don't have an agenda :thumbsup:

My father's from El Salvador, so I'm half Hispanic myself.

jimkcchief88

All Star
So all this BS was because MELO spurned an offer to play for your P/R National Team? So all the stats and smack talking about MELO was pseudo macho crap? That is ho-s**t real talk. :( neg rep points all around for starting this thread and keeping this mess going during a playoff run.:( bad juju from fake fans no wonder our Knicks got spanked yesterday bad karma:(:(:(

KingCharles34

All Star
Some people in here are so dumb and sensitive. I guess all it takes is one great month to be a top 10 player in the league, you dont even have to play good for a whole season smh

metrocard

Legend
So all this BS was because MELO spurned an offer to play for your P/R National Team? So all the stats and smack talking about MELO was pseudo macho crap? That is ho-s**t real talk. :( neg rep points all around for starting this thread and keeping this mess going during a playoff run.:( bad juju from fake fans no wonder our Knicks got spanked yesterday bad karma:(:(:(

You still calling me a fake fan after all the battles we had?

Thanks for the clarification and explanation bro!

I pretty much agree with you.

And I don't have an agenda :thumbsup:

My father's from El Salvador, so I'm half Hispanic myself.

One of my clients is from El Salvador, good people.

Some people in here are so dumb and sensitive. I guess all it takes is one great month to be a top 10 player in the league, you dont even have to play good for a whole season smh

I've always had Melo is the top 15-20 easy...

I am grateful for us to have a top 15-20 player because when was the last time we had that since Sprewell and Ewing?