Carmelo Anthony, the new Glenn Robinson.

metrocard

Legend
Carmelo is Glen Robinson in a high paced offense.

I was calling it in 2010...2 years ago.

Paul, Durant, Gasol, Nash, Williams, Dirk are all better than Carmelo. Carmelo is Glenn Robinson in a high paced offense, I'm telling you guys.

Carmelo is nothing like Kobe. More like Glen Big Dawg Robinson on steroids. He's so hyped by you guys its not even funny. He's great at scoring, average at everything else. I rather just enjoy the well balanced roster we have right now that are all good offensively and can put stops on the defense. I wouldn't take Melo's defense over Felton, Fields, Gallo, Chandler and Amare. The need for him is really illogical and Fields doesn't need to be an all star for us to win. Carmelo doesn't promise us a championship.

I was even calling it in 2008... 4 years ago.
Carmelo is just another Glen Robinson. Trading for him would just make us WORSE...could you imagine Crawford/Richardson/Carmelo/Randolph/Curry. No ball movement, turnovers, slow ass fat team...chuckers...no defense at all.I'm ashamed Carmelo is half Rican.

From this moment on forward, Carmelo is the Big Dog reincarnated.
glenn_robinson.jpg

TakMan

Rotation player
I'm pretty certain he will prove you wrong eventually. At the moment he's beyond dreadfull though.

Rob Low

Rotation player
Knicks fans really are the most fickle fans in professional sports. I hope you're not over the age of 13 bro.

metrocard

Legend
I hope Melo proves me DEAD wrong, I really do.

I support Melo, thats my dirty secret.

Its just hard because I really want him to co-exist with Amare and it seems hopeless.

Do we keep Amare and Melo together?

Trade for Steve Nash?

TakMan

Rotation player
I hope Melo proves me DEAD wrong, I really do.

I support Melo, thats my dirty secret.

Its just hard because I really want him to co-exist with Amare and it seems hopeless.

Do we keep Amare and Melo together?

Trade for Steve Nash?

I always wanted to see Nash in a Knicks jersey. I'm hoping he'll eventually coach as he's one of the smartest players I've seen. But with Lin and Davis (who will improve the more minutes he plays) I don't see a point in getting Nash. Anthony needs to stop sulking about his new role and just accept it. Even if it means getting 20 ppg. He's surrounded by talent at the moment and needs to adjust to that. If he's smart, he will and the Knicks will click. If not, then he will continue to contribute to the demise of our offensive game.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Melo was shit today vs the mavs, even though im a big fan of his im not going to stick up for it and make an excuse for him, Melo just does not look like he's having fun out there, i think he is somewhat butt hurt he's not the "big thing in the big apple anymore" i dont know if anyone noticed but Melo has the same FG% as Bill walker lol.

Melo needs to

1- start playing more consistent

2- Not worry about passing every single play, your the star on this team dont think you have to Pass every time. when you have the mismatch, you take advantage. Melo thrives off iso, ok continue to do it dont change your game to the point where you feel uncomfortable, just dont iso EVERY time you get the ball let the game come to you.

We need to utilize Melo, the same way the Celtics Utilize Pierce IMO

Last edited:

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Melo was shit today vs the mavs, even though im a big fan of his im not going to stick up for it and make an excuse for him, Melo just does not look like he's having fun out there, i think he is somewhat butt hurt he's not the "big thing in the big apple anymore" i dont know if anyone noticed but Melo has the same FG% as Bill walker lol.

Melo needs to

1- start playing more consistent

2- Not worry about passing every single play, your the star on this team dont think you have to Pass every time. when you have the mismatch, you take advantage. Melo thrives off iso, ok continue to do it dont change your game to the point where you feel uncomfortable, just dont iso EVERY time you get the ball let the game come to you.

You know I have noticed the same thing about melo and even thought the same thing that he is mad cause he isn't the big dog anymore.He needs to be smart and realise he can still be the big dog on this team if you play team ball.I noticed him alot out there on the floor making faces and the way he acts when he passes the ball away when before he did'nt have too.If he is going to wine and moan like a baby and not give it 110% effort everynight then he needs traded now.Don't get me wrong I really like melo on this team but he is making it so much harder on himself WHEN he can easily turn his act around and play team ball while playing his butt off. I don't see that from melo right now and frankly im starting to wonder if we will ever see it again.

K.R.U.L.

Rookie
:teeth::teeth::teeth:

And I thought it was bad on RealGM lol..

Listen guys the reason why Melo is having such a bad game & has had bad games is because of 1. he's still playing through injuries, 2. the coach does NOT utilize him correctly, 3. the coach keeps him on the bench for lengthy periods of times.

You can't expect a player who is a 25-30 ppg scorer to just make magic everytime he gets the ball even when at times it looks like he's being frozen out on possessions. When your main PG is giving the ball more to Landry Fields & Chandler when you have an elite scorer waiting to do something you have a problem. I've said it before & I'll say it again you either trade Melo or you get rid of the coach. Melo & Amar'e both can't work in this system because their skillsets fused with the coaching style/new system does not mesh well together.

Whether any of you want to disregard this & say nahh Melo just sucks, it's up to you. But I'm telling you in this system where no plays are called, where Pringles doesn't know how to use Melo, the PG is still fairly new & has built a great chemistry with Chandler & Fields you're asking for trouble with your star player.

LA KNICKS GUY

Benchwarmer
It's nice to see others here are waking up to the fact that Melo sucks these days. And to think people were calling for me to be banned for stating the truth!

Eman

Benchwarmer
He definitely seemed disinterested yesterday. The team doesn't really seem to have a leader at the moment (or is it that there are too many leaders?) Amar'e was "on" for the first time in a while last night, while Landry and Chandler were off. Lin was on at times, other times not so much.

He's not really Glenn Robinson, but his poor shooting and high bodyfat % really annoy me.

He has no excuses for not beeing ripped and as mobile and athletic as he was in 2004.

He has all the tools and resources to play at around 8-9 % bodyfat in-season.

Instead he looks like 18% bodyfat and not even half as athletic as he was in HS, at the Cuse or in his early years in Denver.

wian

Benchwarmer
No team is ever going to win in this league with one superstar - Jordan even realised this after losing multiple times to detroit - it had to be a team effort with players around him - admittedly pippen was a supsestar in his own right, but the bulls had great Bit players and contributors all around jordan

If mello thinks he has to be top dog because of his ego, we aint going nowhere -

sad thing is we have a great team , a great deep team - and as soon as mello realises this and puts individuality behind him , the better we will be as we aint going nowhere unless we play as a team and everyone plays a role and sacrifices a bit

metrocard

Legend
He's not really Glenn Robinson, but his poor shooting and high bodyfat % really annoy me.

He has no excuses for not beeing ripped and as mobile and athletic as he was in 2004.

He has all the tools and resources to play at around 8-9 % bodyfat in-season.

Instead he looks like 18% bodyfat and not even half as athletic as he was in HS, at the Cuse or in his early years in Denver.

They post identical numbers.

nyk_nyk

All Star

Listen guys the reason why Melo is having such a bad game & has had bad games is because of 1. he's still playing through injuries, 2. the coach does NOT utilize him correctly, 3. the coach keeps him on the bench for lengthy periods of times.

You can't expect a player who is a 25-30 ppg scorer to just make magic everytime he gets the ball even when at times it looks like he's being frozen out on possessions. When your main PG is giving the ball more to Landry Fields & Chandler when you have an elite scorer waiting to do something you have a problem. I've said it before & I'll say it again you either trade Melo or you get rid of the coach. Melo & Amar'e both can't work in this system because their skillsets fused with the coaching style/new system does not mesh well together.

Whether any of you want to disregard this & say nahh Melo just sucks, it's up to you. But I'm telling you in this system where no plays are called, where Pringles doesn't know how to use Melo, the PG is still fairly new & has built a great chemistry with Chandler & Fields you're asking for trouble with your star player.

Nice Post. I don't know if he's still playing through injuries but he's definitely uncomfortable out there.

I will keep saying this: Why trade anyone right now without giving another coach a shot at managing this team??? We have too much talent to just give up all because Antoni can't figure it out. He's not a coaching GOD. Perhaps someone else with a different philosophy can get better results here.

I just don't understand why people want to break up a talented roster before at least exploring other coaching options first. Melo and Amare have always played as the #1 options. In Amare's case he was the primary recipient to Nash's passes in PHX. Now they are just glorified role players and the just can't adapt to that. It has to be difficult for them not knowing when their next shot will come and when it finally does their always expected to be great and in rhythym.

fender0577

Rotation player

You can't expect a player who is a 25-30 ppg scorer to just make magic everytime he gets the ball even when at times it looks like he's being frozen out on possessions.When your main PG is giving the ball more to Landry Fields & Chandler when you have an elite scorer waiting to do something you have a problem. I've said it before & I'll say it again you either trade Melo or you get rid of the coach. Melo & Amar'e both can't work in this system because their skillsets fused with the coaching style/new system does not mesh well together.

Whether any of you want to disregard this & say nahh Melo just sucks, it's up to you. But I'm telling youin this system where no plays are called, where Pringles doesn't know how to use Melo, the PG is still fairly new & has built a great chemistry with Chandler & Fields you're asking for trouble with your star player.
:agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed:Calm down people, once C'ANToni is gone, we'll get a decent coach in here, who actually uses his superstars accordingly.Stop it people, please.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I was calling it in 2010...2 years ago.

I was even calling it in 2008... 4 years ago.

From this moment on forward, Carmelo is the Big Dog reincarnated.
glenn_robinson.jpg

Metro man, you know I agreed with you and we argued with what seemed like everyone on this forum that Melo and STAT would not be a great combo.... TRADE MELO for Howard!!!!
The Knicks must and I mean MUST make this trade if there is any validity to the rumor. MELO and Chandler for Howard and Hedo Turkoglu! I'm not happy with Hedo's contract but he is fundamentally sound and can be a GREAT 6th man type player. Howard and STAT at the 5/4 would give the Knicks an NBA elite front court!
I know this next scenario will be an unpopular one but I would trade Lin while his value is high, I would contact Portland and see if we can get Felton back on this team. Lin is a turnover machine and while there is a chance he could refine his game, it's still the great unknown and Felton proved that when he QB'd this team, he was rock solid! I know the numbers need to be worked out but I would explore it. Even if that trade is never explored, you would still have this:
Howard
STAT
Fields (Yes move Fields to the 3) You will see his game elevate with a move to the 3 spot
Shumpert
Lin (hopefully cutting down turnovers)
Now that is a starting 5 that can ball with the best of them! JR Smith, Davis, Turkoglu, Harrellson, Jeffries and Novack off the bench.... Still a nice bench

iSaYughh

Starter
^ Yes.

Hedo isn't just fundamentally sound.....he would be our starting SF, I hope. And with his versatility (and lack of ego) our rotation would grow even stronger with Fields getting quality minutes backing up the 3, and JR too.

Lin-Baron
JR-Shumpert-Fields
Hedo-Fields-JR
Amare-Novak-Jeffries-Harrelson
Howard-Harrelson-Novak

That shit is boss. The range and passing of Hedo alone would be worth its weight in gold on that team..

Next step: trading Amare for Gallinari and Mozgov, :teeth:

I don't see us trading for Howard, though; since he doesn't seem keen on playing here and signing. It would be a risk akin to the Deron situation in NJ -- but exponentially more deadly.