Carmelo Anthony, the new Glenn Robinson.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Melo is that dude.

I mean what a game Melo played yesterday. 36 points from all over the floor: three's, layups, midrange jumpers, isolation plays, rebound putbacks, the whole gambit. The only place Melo didn't score much from was from the free throw line because the refs swallowed the whistle while Melo was getting beaten to death. Shame when Hubie has to point out the obvious fouls the refs where missing as Melo took the rock to the hole. Melo beasted on the glass and when he was on the bench, JR and the bench mob kept it going. Highest point output for the season, 50 wins, one game away from the division title....Setting up for a showdown Thursday night at the UC Knicks-Bulls old school style.

metrocard

Legend
The only thing I'd like to see from Melo now is make plays on defense. Send a message to the team and let them know defense is a priority. Scoring becomes easy when you play good defense.

jimkcchief88

All Star
The only thing I'd like to see from Melo now is make plays on defense. Send a message to the team and let them know defense is a priority. Scoring becomes easy when you play good defense.

The problem is expending to much energy on the defensive end will hurt a pure scorer like Melo

metrocard

Legend
The problem is expending to much energy on the defensive end will hurt a pure scorer like Melo

I don't believe in that.

I believe if Woodson doesn't overplay Melo, Melo will have enough energy to provide 32-34 quality minutes. Copeland can play and fill in for Melo for 16-18 minutes.

This is why the Spurs are so successful.

Duncan, Ginobili, Parker all participate in defense and offense. Two way players = success.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I don't believe in that.

I believe if Woodson doesn't overplay Melo, Melo will have enough energy to provide 32-34 quality minutes. Copeland can play and fill in for Melo for 16-18 minutes.

Duncan, Ginobili, Parker all participate in defense and offense. Two way players = success.
l

Agreed some games melo will need to post 40+ mins but most nights 34-36 is plenty. Copeland/Martin can cover the 4 while he rests JR is a formidable #2 option to run the offense through

jimkcchief88

All Star
I don't believe in that.

Duncan and Ginobili aren't pure scorers