Carmelo Anthony, the new Glenn Robinson.

Rob Low

Rotation player
Durant is not a better defender than Melo so just stop it. Durant has Westbrook,Sefolosha,Perkins and Ibaka around him to cover up his mistakes, Melo does not. Also since when are Griffin or Gasol good defenders? And did you really say Stephon Curry is a good defender? The same Curry who get's beat off the dribble more than Novak, the guy gets his ankles broken for a living.

iSaYughh

Starter
Actually theres no evidence to what you're saying. Durant and Anthony are two different players. Durant has good shot selection and is more efficient scorer, better defender, younger, has more room to expand his game and just always been a better player and prospect.

Please go ahead and provide atleast 3-5 resources that indicate Durant has mental lapses on offense, educate us will you? Melo is a great scorer, but Durant is elite. That isn't a knock to Melo, just a credit to Durant.

Kobe is a good defender this season, he's not the same guy from last year.

and if you have to be the most least INFORMED person to ever follow the NBA to think theres only 4 two-way players in the NBA.

Let me do your homework for you.

List of Two-Way (Offense and Defense) PG's
Chris Paul
Rajon Rondo
Kyle Lowry
Russell Westbrook
Deron Williams
Brandon Jennings
John Wall (eventually)

On the fence
Jeremy Lin
Stephon Curry

List of Two-Way (Offense and Defense) SG's
Dwyane Wade
Kobe Bryant
Eric Gordon

on the fence
Monta Ellis
Paul George
JR Smith(if he actually made his 3pt shots)

List of Two-Way (Offense and Defense) SF's
LeBron James
Nicolas Batum (Very underrated offensively, played in a slowed down McMillian system, can score like Rudy Gay)
Kevin Durant
Gerald Wallace
Luol Deng
Danilo Gallinari
Rudy Gay

List of Two-Way (Offense and Defense) PF's
Gasol
Smith
Garnett
Cousins

On the Fence
Aldridge
Griffin(elite flopper)

List of Two-Way (Offense and Defense) C's
Bynum
Marc Gasol
Howard
Gortat
Nene
Hibbert
Horford

Those are guys you want on your team.

Duncan

Sick post.

Should charge.

metrocard

Legend
As of right now Melo is a two way player he's been playing the best individual ball for the past month.

Of course, but the previous months, the defense wasn't there.

Durant is not a better defender than Melo so just stop it. Durant has Westbrook,Sefolosha,Perkins and Ibaka around him to cover up his mistakes, Melo does not. Also since when are Griffin or Gasol good defenders? And did you really say Stephon Curry is a good defender? The same Curry who get's beat off the dribble more than Novak, the guy gets his ankles broken for a living.

Durant is a better defender.
Durant is ranked top 4 in DEF rating amongst SF's in the NBA.
Melo isn't even in the top 20.
Durant averages more blocks and steals.

Melo has Shumpert, Smith, Jefferies and defensive player of the year in Chandler, your point is?

Griffin is excellent at flopping, to Varejao level. Flopping makes a huge impact on the game, changes the flow. Griffin is elite at this, and Griffin is one of the best defensive rebounders in the NBA. Not a great man to man defender or help defender, but his presence is recognized with his flopping and defensive rebounding ability.

Gasol ALWAYS been a good defender and you're not too informed to not know of this. Gasol locked down Dwight Howard to give Lakers a championship over the Magic. Gasol's post defense is elite.

Curry actually is a very smart defender. Man to man defender is weak, but he has good awareness and forces turnovers. Watch him play, do your research.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Actually theres no evidence to what you're saying. Durant and Anthony are two different players. Durant has good shot selection and is more efficient scorer, better defender, younger, has more room to expand his game and just always been a better player and prospect.

Please go ahead and provide atleast 3-5 resources that indicate Durant has mental lapses on offense, educate us will you? Melo is a great scorer, but Durant is elite. That isn't a knock to Melo, just a credit to Durant.

and if you have to be the most least INFORMED person to ever follow the NBA to think theres only 4 two-way players in the NBA.

Chris Paul
Rajon Rondo
Kyle Lowry
Russell Westbrook
Deron Williams
Brandon Jennings
John Wall (eventually)

On the fence
Jeremy Lin
Stephon Curry

Dwyane Wade
Kobe Bryant
Eric Gordon

on the fence
Monta Ellis
Paul George

LeBron James
Nicolas Batum (Very underrated offensively, played in a slowed down McMillian system, can score like Rudy Gay)
Kevin Durant
Gerald Wallace
Luol Deng
Danilo Gallinari
Rudy Gay

Gasol
Smith
Garnett
Cousins

On the Fence
Aldridge
Griffin(elite flopper)

Bynum
Marc Gasol
Howard
Gortat
Nene
Hibbert
Horford

Duncan
Why didnt you list on the fence for SF's...

CA7

Scoring Champ
Why didnt you list on the fence for SF's...

he'd have to put Melo there which would make his argument idiotic, point is he's giving Melo no benefit of the doubt which is why the thread needs to be locked because the comparison is phucking stupid and the bashing is annoying, we praise Jeremy Lin, Landry Fields and shit on Melo, STAT, JR........this is why this fan base is a phucking joke to other people

CA7

Scoring Champ
Tell us more how you can handle Carmelo criticism without any showing constipated emotions?

I'm just over your hate for Melo, you have you opinion I have mine why argue about it

I think Melo's top 5, IF he continues to play the way he has the last 2-3 weeks, you think is top 50 which is your opinion, my thing is why are you disregarding his great play as of late, why are you claiming having guys like Gerald Wallace, Danilo Gallinari, Paul George and Nicolas Batum is better than having an Elite Player in Carmelo Anthony

how is Blake Griffin flopping make him a good defensive player

who the hell cares about defensive rating, those fake stats these assholes make up are stupid as hell. PER is subjective

I'm just sayin this is all bull shit

metrocard

Legend
I'm just over your hate for Melo, you have you opinion I have mine why argue about it

I think Melo's top 5, IF he continues to play the way he has the last 2-3 weeks, you think is top 50 which is your opinion, my thing is why are you disregarding his great play as of late, why are you claiming having guys like Gerald Wallace, Danilo Gallinari, Paul George and Nicolas Batum is better than having an Elite Player in Carmelo Anthony

how is Blake Griffin flopping make him a good defensive player

who the hell cares about defensive rating, those fake stats these assholes make up are stupid as hell. PER is subjective

I'm just sayin this is all bull shit

I'm not hating. I'm discussing a topic, sharing and acquiring information with people in here. If you hate the discussion due to emotional attachment to another man, then you don't have to post in here. If you were actually reading, you would learn something here.

You're reminding me of when Bill Cosby was hating on Eddy Murphy's stand up comedy because he assumed all it involved was curse words. (Anyone remember that classic part from Eddy Murphy's RAW?) You assume this thread is just Melo hate. Start reading...and let the emotions go, you don't know Melo, and I don't know him. Having emotions for him is quite retarded. I just didn't like how Melo pussed out of playing for the PR national team, we would of still suck anyway so it was no biggie. I really have no legit hate for Melo and wish the best for his career in NY.

How am I disregarding Melo's ELITE play ? I've mentioned it numerous of times in this thread and in the game thread. I acknowledge when Melo does really good and when he does really bad. Why do you only acknowledge when I acknowledge when Melo does poor? Obviously you have an agenda here. No one is allowed to criticize Melo.

Now if I don't agree with you that Melo isn't the best fit in NY, then am I still a hater?

The problem with the Melosexuals, their logic is limited to one point. Its okay to be wrong or right, but its important to understand you can always be proven wrong. So the only guy in here full of his own shit is you, out of my concern with how close you are to Melo I wouldn't be surprised if you collect his own feces.

Carmelo isn't an elite player and never was.

Elite is top 10.

Melo is more 15-20. We went over this a lot of times, you're opinion is that Melo is top 5, but you've SAID NOTHING to prove any sense into that state.

Its vague.

Top 5 in what?

Talent?

Shot difficulty?

Clutchness?

I would agree, Melo is top 5 in those categories

But Carmelo is far for top 5 as an OVERALL player.

Thats why I ranked those guys as two way players who are also valuable.

I'm just trying to be fair here, be fair with you...so may you be fair with me?

I won't excessively hate on Melo as long as you stop excessively man loving him and being blind to the facts...why would I make stats up?

and if I present a STAT to you, you call it stupid.

How old are you? 17? 18?

Why don't you do something more constructive with your time than call a statistic "stupid"

How about you do some creative research and prove an argument on why its stupid?

That would be more interesting to read than what you just post.

tripleaamin9

Benchwarmer

Chris Paul
Rajon Rondo
Kyle Lowry
Russell Westbrook
Deron Williams
Brandon Jennings
John Wall (eventually)

On the fence
Jeremy Lin
Stephon Curry

Dwyane Wade
Kobe Bryant
Eric Gordon

on the fence
Monta Ellis
Paul George

LeBron James
Kevin Durant
Gerald Wallace
Luol Deng
Danilo Gallinari
Rudy Gay

Gasol
Smith
Garnett
Cousins

On the Fence
Aldridge
Griffin(elite flopper)

Bynum
Marc Gasol
Howard
Gortat
Nene
Hibbert
Horford

Duncan
SMH how do u have Lin, but not Melo SMH. Lin is very suspect able defensively. I guess u r going with your favorites and not the players u hate.

metrocard

Legend
SMH how do u have Lin, but not Melo SMH. Lin is very suspect able defensively. I guess u r going with your favorites and not the players u hate.

Stop guessing and do your researching.

Lin is a very good defender.

My favorite players are Stephon Marbury/Carlos Arroyo/Raja Bell/Metta World Peace/Marcus Camby ...none of them are on the list. Why must you be stupid for?

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Wow Metro no superstar players are your favs, Ive never seen that before not saying thats a bad thing just very different.

But just like CA7 might be being emotional on the positive side with Melo since his an admitted huge Melo fan, your being emotional on the negative side even if your using stats I mean not even top 15 player right now thats pushing it he's at least a top 10 player.

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
Melo Right Now is NOT the Problem................

I personally think Melo has been dynamite since Woodson became the Knicks' coach........ His pouting episodes are gone, he has come up big on several occasions, and has shown ability to be a decent defender and passer........ He doesn't even mind the physical play..........

His current problem is too many important pieces of the team are missing, hence big numbers from one player won't cut it against better teams. Even LeBron James can't win games this way.

What different do we expect from Melo to fix this current situation? He can't suddenly be able to see the floor like a good point guard or suddenly outduel bigger players to get more rebounds. Especially with his heavy minutes.

The big key for the Knicks this season is whether Jeremy Lin can return before the team gets eliminated. For I do think with Melo now in the groove, Lin's presence would take defensive pressure off of Melo, and vice versa...... And with Lin's defense (which in my opinion is *vastly* underrated) and distribution (which would greatly benefit Novak, Fields, and Chandler), his presence could provide the difference for the Knicks to beat Chicago or Miami in the post season.

And finally, especially if Melo continues to shine for the remainder of the season, I would think it would be a huge risk NOT to extend Woodson's contract. For Melo's attitude could revert back to that under D'Antoni if the Knicks change to the wrong man.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I am very happy now that the real Melo finally showed up.My main question is how does he get a free pass from flat out quiting on his coach,team and us fans.He even came out and said he quit and was'nt trying to win basicly.I always hated that from a player and its not any different with melo just b/c he is a superstar.

Sage

Rotation player
I am very happy now that the real Melo finally showed up.My main question is how does he get a free pass from flat out quiting on his coach,team and us fans.He even came out and said he quit and was'nt trying to win basicly.I always hated that from a player and its not any different with melo just b/c he is a superstar.

I give him a pass only because it was D'Antoni. While I think it's not the right way to go about getting a coaching change, it happened and we're a lot better off for it.

IMO, free pass as long as it doesn't set a precedence that Melo can just switch off until he gets his way.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Melo doesn't deserve a free pass. I lost respect for Carmelo Anthony the man and the player. If you hate your coach that bad go talk to the guy who's paying you. Don't be a bitch and make us suffer watching your ass go 4 for 27.

But Melo is in beastmode with Woodson whose brought out the best in him.

Stilll my favorite player. :gony:

clumsy

Rotation player
I agree Melo isn't elite, but he is clutch offensively.

The troubling thing to me is that I'm pretty sure Melo has been picking up his game around the same time he started playing PF not a SF. I hope that doesn't hint he is declining in athleticism similar to Amare. Really i hope his bad production this year was due to nagging injuries and the lockout, because otherwise, i don't see us being better than a 6th seed each year.