Knicks @ Spurs 8:30 PM ET

nyk_nyk

All Star
Because these two are supposed to be our star players and yet they play the worse defence out of all the guys on our team. Its an effort thing and if they can't be bothered with it then how are the other guys going to be motivated to play defence?

Lin is getting his ass kicked. What are you watching???

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Because these two are supposed to be our star players and yet they play the worse defence out of all the guys on our team. Its an effort thing and if they can't be bothered with it then how are the other guys going to be motivated to play defence?

I agree to a certain extend. Yea you want your stars to lead by example, but to be honest, the Knicks play very lack luster team defense.

Shump will pressure the ball, and Chandler would be there to clean up the mistakes. But there's very little team defense from the first unit. Melo isn't the worst on-ball defender, if anything, sometimes he's too over zealous picking up cheap fouls.

But they don't exactly function as a unit, it's just guys out there doing their thing. The 2nd unit comes in and plays like a squad.

So I split the blame between the stars, and team preparation. What's the percentages between each side tho? I dunno.

Rioferd

Benchwarmer
I agree to a certain extend. Yea you want your stars to lead by example, but to be honest, the Knicks play very lack luster team defense.

Shump will pressure the ball, and Chandler would be there to clean up the mistakes. But there's very little team defense from the first unit. Melo isn't the worst on-ball defender, if anything, sometimes he's too over zealous picking up cheap fouls.

But they don't exactly function as a unit, it's just guys out there doing their thing. The 2nd unit comes in and plays like a squad.

So I split the blame between the stars, and team preparation. What's the percentages between each side tho? I dunno.

I guess without Chandler we are pretty much going to get ripped open like tonight. Shump didn't have the best of games either trying to guard Parker.

But make no mistake, something needs to be done about the attitude and effort of this team on the defensive end.

MDA needs to fix that quickly because we already look disjointed with so many new players/returning players.

The offense is now solely consisting of one on one ISO plays and some half hearted picks for Lin. We CANNOT go back to being a jump shooting team because we aren't going to win shit much like last year.

c0leworld

Benchwarmer
This team looks like they don't ****ing care at all. Either that or they haven't got the slightest idea how to play defense.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Melo is finally shooting over 50% and scoring at a high clip yet we can win and why

because we have a wide open system, we have no structure, guys dont have defined roles and our coach does not understand how to make in game adjustments

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
I doubt any one cares but I turned off the game and was flipping through channels and caught Jordan Farmar hitting a game winning 3 against the clippers.