Knicks @ Spurs 8:30 PM ET

nyk_nyk

All Star
It's not about Linsanity, in fact Lintendo had a decent game offensively. It's about team effort and defense. With both Amare and Carmelo we're not a team, we're a bunch of individual celebrities who care only about their paychecks. Offensively we didn't look that bad, but there was no team work and no defense. We're struggling since Amare's back and we're losing since Carmelo rejoined the squad. Jeffries and Shumpert started getting less minutes, which turns directly into less effort on the defensive end. Last night we played without both Jeffries and Chandler, no wonder we allowed Parker to score 32 points out of 63%, no wonder Ginobli barely missed shots and no wonder Neal could hit a couple of threes over 6'11 Amare "I-was-never-taught-defense" Stoudemire.

Geez man is there any point at which your will decide it neccessary to make a coaching change? You complain about a million things but seem to dismiss the one person that should be able to put this all together. Sorry, but if you want to see changes then its gonna be by a new coach. Amare and Melo aren't going anywhere before that happens.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I am sure Kobe, Durant, Lebron, Garnett and many others need a COACH to tell them to play defense ?????

Melo and Stat are paid 20 million dollars and consider then elite players...

They need to be told to play defense ??????

They need to be benched until they do....

Its so embarassing watching guys just run in for lay-ups.....Melo and Stat look like that supposed to happen.....

Knicks only have 3 good individual defenders (Shump, JJ and TC).
You can't keep yelling about Amare and Melo like their the only guys out there. The TEAM sucked last night on the defensive end... TEAM.

Hire a coach that has the ability to make in-game adjustments. Really, all Antoni had to do was copy what Pop was having his team do to Lin when he attacked the basket, but I guess Antoni couldn't understand how to implement it.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Geez man is there any point at which your will decide it neccessary to make a coaching change? You complain about a million things but seem to dismiss the one person that should be able to put this all together. Sorry, but if you want to see changes then its gonna be by a new coach. Amare and Melo aren't going anywhere before that happens.
I've been talking about getting rid of Dante since I joined this board... just don't need to point it out after every game, because everybody knows it.

skisloper

Starter
You can't keep yelling about Amare and Melo like their the only guys out there. The TEAM sucked last night on the defensive end... TEAM.

Hire a coach that has the ability to make in-game adjustments. Really, all Antoni had to do was copy what Pop was having his team do to Lin when he attacked the basket, but I guess Antoni couldn't understand how to implement it.

They get paid 20 million a year so I take that into consideration.
How does a coach adjust when his 2 stars do not play hustle defense ?

I guess if Dantonio had some Balls he can bench them until he sees the hustle that we had from when they were both out.

The bigger question is IF Stat and Melo are not mentally capable at playing defense then good luck to any coach who tries to bench them because DOLAN wont allow it unless,,,,,,,,,,,Mr Phil Jackson comes in.......

nyk_nyk

All Star
They get paid 20 million a year so I take that into consideration.
How does a coach adjust when his 2 stars do not play hustle defense ?

I guess if Dantonio had some Balls he can bench them until he sees the hustle that we had from when they were both out.

The bigger question is IF Stat and Melo are not mentally capable at playing defense then good luck to any coach who tries to bench them because DOLAN wont allow it unless,,,,,,,,,,,Mr Phil Jackson comes in.......

Once again you relate everything to two players, SMH. What does having subpar defending stars have to do with the ability to adjust??? They could easily be anyone on the court. The only difference is their league status.

You're basically saying if the star players don't defend then the coach can't adjust. So if it were just Fields or Lin that played bad defense would it make it any different? Your logic is confusing.

munco

Benchwarmer

While everyone points to the offense and Lin playing amazing during Linsanity, the biggest difference has been the defense or lack there of it now.

Carmelo had a strong offensive game last night but at times I thought he was asleep on defense. The most disappointing thing with the Knicks lately is the energy and effort seem to be at the levels of Pre-Linsanity. Even if they lose but play their butts off you wouldn't have the outrage you see now. During the winning streak it seemed like we were out hustling teams and during this losing streak we're not.

munco

Benchwarmer
Once again you relate everything to two players, SMH. What does having subpar defending stars have to do with the ability to adjust??? They could easily be anyone on the court. The only difference is their league status.

You're basically saying if the star players don't defend then the coach can't adjust. So if it were just Fields or Lin that played bad defense would it make it any different? Your logic is confusing.

When you win the stars get the credit. When you lose the stars get the blame. That's just how things work.

I'm not a fan of D'Antoni but how's he going to get Carmelo to play smarter on defense and show some life on the defensive end? He could bench him, but you can't really bench your max player and expect to have a job either.

udgnim

Rookie
Defense1.gif

Defense2.gif

kinein

Benchwarmer
So now we are blaming Melo because the pixie dust has worn off on the D Leaguer

A bulk of the salary is paid to Melo and Amare.

The D-Leaguer is paid 6000 a game and goes 8-14, Consistently putting up points.

The guy getting paid 270,000 a game, goes 7-17. Misses all his important free throws at end, invisible on defense and rebounds.

Did you not watch the bucks blow past Melo and Stat over and over and over and over. and over?

kinein

Benchwarmer
Knicks are improving anyways despite how frustrating it is to watch lack of rebounds and defense by "stars".

Time to hope Chandler and Jeffries heal faster.

kinein

Benchwarmer

It is a team game, your arguing a hypothetical over a fact -

If stars aren't adjusting and playing hard defensively - then the team can't adjust. Coach can't adjust if the pieces on the floor aren't playing both sides of the ball - he can tell them and show them video but if they choose not to - his only option is to bench them ~ which isn't going to happen - they are being paid too much.

How do you not understand his logic? Fact 2 guys that are paid millions, and in the PAST been top players in the league are - having trouble playing defense and rebounding and supporting their teammates.