So what is it now? TO MANY POINT GUARDS???

Man. These last few games really put MDA's true coaching ability in a light that all can see. This cat just aint getting it done.:fazer:MDA:machinegun:

Boston was an end of the game debacle. :fazer:MDA:machinegun:

Dallas he takes the players out that gave him his only lead late in the game.
:fazer:MDA:machinegun:

Tonight the team doesnt show up at all. :fazer:MDA:machinegun:

Can someone explain to me how Jorts can get 5 offensive rebounds in limited minutes yet the coach wants him playing above the 3 point line? :fazer:MDA:machinegun:

My expectations for this team is at an all time low. I wont get excited about the Knicks (NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS) until this coach is shown the door.

We're NOT winning a chip with him no matter how much talent is accumulated.

:fazer:MDA:machinegun:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I am not a happy camper either. Clearly everything is not his fault, but something doesn't seem like this group of players could be this bad with a good coach. I don't know. I'm not gonna point fingers. This has gotten ugly quick.

I am not a happy camper either. Clearly everything is not his fault, but something doesn't seem like this group of players could be this bad with a good coach. I don't know. I'm not gonna point fingers. This has gotten ugly quick.

I'm beyond not being happy. I'm numb. Almost Isiah Thomas numb. And to think I said we'd only lose 5 games in the 2nd half. Cheesh what was I smoking...

petescud

Starter
Couldn't agree more with the OP. Painful watching. Sometimes i wonder if some guys are quitting on Dantoni, but then i realize they'd be quitting on the team too. Just sad to see us look lost on the court. Sometimes i wonder if Melo and Stat sat, if we'd win 7 in the row again...lol, i know i'm crazy

RunningJumper

Super Moderator

I'm beyond not being happy. I'm numb. Almost Isiah Thomas numb. And to think I said we'd only lose 5 games in the 2nd half. Cheesh what was I smoking...
Out of nowhere the game tonight I felt like I did pre-Linsanity. That's not a good feeling, not a good feeling at all. Except this time we're deep and do have a bright future, but it's SUCH a letdown the way they played. I could take a loss, but not like this.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
No its not all his fault but he does deserve half the blame.This team was playing GREAT when melo was out.Then when he comes back.. the team plays like dogs. Now that goes to show you that something is going on with these players and they deserve alot of the blame also.A team cannot play that great WITHOUT their so called superstar but when he comes back they stink. This problem goes futher than any coach!!

Couldn't agree more with the OP. Painful watching. Sometimes i wonder if some guys are quitting on Dantoni, but then i realize they'd be quitting on the team too. Just sad to see us look lost on the court. Sometimes i wonder if Melo and Stat sat, if we'd win 7 in the row again...lol, i know i'm crazy

Not that I'm an NBA coach, but I see so many things that could be done better. I mean basic stuff.

smokes

Huge Member
MDA is not a horrible coach. If he coaches his system and gets players that fit his system it's great. If he doesn't then his deficiencies shine.

This roster does not and never will fit his system. We need a new coach. Are the players tanking right now to get coach shown the door? Was that their plan pre-Lin and Lin came along and screwed it all up?

That's a bit too conspiracy for me but either way I am fed up with this no offense no defense ball.

MDA is not a horrible coach. If he coaches his system and gets players that fit his system it's great. If he doesn't then his deficiencies shine.

This roster does not and never will fit his system. We need a new coach. Are the players tanking right now to get coach shown the door? Was that their plan pre-Lin and Lin came along and screwed it all up?

That's a bit too conspiracy for me but either way I am fed up with this no offense no defense ball.

D'antoni isn't a bad coach?
tumblr_ld1b2lorjV1qavd3x.gif

Out of nowhere the game tonight I felt like I did pre-Linsanity. That's not a good feeling, not a good feeling at all. Except this time we're deep and do have a bright future, but it's SUCH a letdown the way they played. I could take a loss, but not like this.

The feeling hit me when I saw what a real coach does as opposed to MDA. S A shoots their fair share of threes, but they were absolutely pounding the paint. They were posting up Tiago Splitter? Who sucks and looks like he's a worst player than Jerome Jordan. We're content with shooting jump shots...

No its not all his fault but he does deserve half the blame.This team was playing GREAT when melo was out.Then when he comes back.. the team plays like dogs. Now that goes to show you that something is going on with these players and they deserve alot of the blame also.A team cannot play that great WITHOUT their so called superstar but when he comes back they stink. This problem goes futher than any coach!!

I dont see how adding a better player than what was playing back then has this much of an effect. There is absolutely nothing Bill Walker can do better than Melo on a basketball court. Winning and playing ball should have gotten easier...

RunningJumper

Super Moderator

The feeling hit me when I saw what a real coach does as opposed to MDA. S A shoots their fair share of threes, but they were absolutely pounding the paint. They were posting up Tiago Splitter? Who sucks and looks like he's a worst player than Jerome Jordan. We're content with shooting jump shots...
I fear MDA is encouraging Lin to shoot long range.

I'm not the first guy to want to see somebody fired, but the thought of Jerry Sloan, Phil Jackson, etc. coaching this team sounds enticing like a max contract player added to this squad without losing anybody.

He may not be bad, but he definitely isnt good. I'm just tired of the underachieving by this team under this coach...

WVKnickfan

Rotation player

I dont see how adding a better player than what was playing back then has this much of an effect. There is absolutely nothing Bill Walker can do better than Melo on a basketball court. Winning and playing ball should have gotten easier...

Im not blaming melo.. Look back at the records thow!! the knicks won without him and now are losing with him.

Well back then Lin was taking over games. Now that teams have adjusted and cut off his dashes into the paint its harder for us to score.

Which brings up another point entirely. Why dont we do the same things to opposing PGs on defense? Rondo and Parker absolutely killed us. It's things like this that MDA doesnt do that has me concerned. If it works against you, it could also work for you...

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Lin took the most shots when they was on that run but they were also spreading the ball around to everybody.Why can't they keep doing that with melo back is beyond me.It should be easier with stat and melo but it looks like im wrong. I agree with you on the defense! The knicks should do the same thing to every pg that plays like lin.This game can be so easy but the knicks makes me think chess is easy to play.:barf:

Lin took the most shots when they was on that run but they were also spreading the ball around to everybody.Why can't they keep doing that with melo back is beyond me.It should be easier with stat and melo but it looks like im wrong. I agree with you on the defense! The knicks should do the same thing to every pg that plays like lin.This game can be so easy but the knicks makes me think chess is easy to play.:barf:

We were shooting the ball well while Melo was out. I dont think we're shooting as well, and we're not getting as many layups because of the defense on Lin. I could be mistaken, but I havent seen a pick & roll work in 3 games...

I wonder if MDA has ever uttered these statements:

They're taking this away so we're going to do that...

They're doing this on offense so we have to do that..

I've heard him say we've got to shot it better.

I've heard him say we have to play better defense.

But I've never heard him say anything close to adjusting on offense or defense...