will Knicks make run at Deron Williams?

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Word is that Josh Smith wants out in Atlanta.

I know trading STAT is practically impossible now, but I'd give ATL an interesting proposition..

Hawks get:
STAT
Fields
Walker
(+ a draft pick)

Knicks get:
J.Smith
M.Williams

It works for both teams. Hawks desperately need a change in personnel and have been looking to unload Williams' big contract. As for the Knicks, well, STAT cannot play a lick of defense. Fields has become expendable with the addition of JR and Shump, and Bill Walker has most likely lost his rotation spot.

Again, at the end of the day, this will most likely not happen. Maybe it's just a way to express my frustrations with the way the Knicks are playing lately :boohoo:

You're exactly right. We really have two options to build a contender. Either trade Melo for DWill + Morrow, completing the roster to run the system the current roster and coach are meant for....OR....build around Melo.

To achieve the 2nd option, we would need to build a roster similar to the 2000-2001 76ers lead by Allen Iverson. Surround Melo with all great defenders and hustle players. We would need to get a SG like Tony Allen, a PF like Serge Ibaka and a PG like Raymond Felton. We would also need to fire D'Antoni and hire a coach similar to Larry Brown's style. Someone in the Thibodeau or Scott Brooks mold. Probably a 6th man who can explode for 25 pts on any given night and hit the outside shot would be needed as well. I suppose JR Smith could fit that role nicely.

There you have it. Which scenario would Knick fans prefer?

Those that believe D'Antoni's system, particularly with the improved defense, can't win a championship are out of touch with reality. And those that think just adding a new coach will make this team contenders are even more out of touch. And those that think just getting Phil Jackson will bring us a championship do not know the Triangle, or Phil Jackson, very well. Phil would still need a PG (albeit different from the one the current system needs), a quality SG that can defend and hit the outside shot, and a back-to-the-basket PF or Center.

I totally agree with you.

Having said that, I don't think the Nets would do that deal.

But rebuilding around Melo is or could be a possibility.

We'd need a hard-nosed, all-round PG like Felton or Billups (who's too old now). Probably Mike Conley?

A lockdown defender at the 2 who can also defend 3s if needed. Luckily we have him, his name is Iman Shumpert.

Melo at the 3 of course.

An athletic PF who is a good rebounder and defender. Ibaka would be ideal, but is most definitely not available. Who else fits the role? Humphries? Milsapp?

A commanding center who's the vocal leader of the team and a good shot bocker, defender and rebounder. Luckily we have him too - jis name is Tyson Chandler.

So a 'rebuilding-plan' around Melo wouldn't take as much as people might think. We basically have 3 of 5 starters here in NY. Our bench is perfectly fine too with Jeffries, Smith, Jorts, Novak etc. Lin could come off the bench.

So this scenario would basically require to fire D'Antoni and his staff, hire a coach who's philosophy fits with Melo's game.

Trade Fields, STAT, Douglas, Walker for a PG and PF who fit the bill and in theory we should be ready to go.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I was just pondering this very nugget of reality earlier; it coincided with my dick instantly becoming as soft and shriveled as a misshapen spaghetti noodle lost inside a cave.

Ghastly.

:teeth: hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......... ****ing hell.:peace:

edit -- lets not forget also...Melo was chill going to Jersey....

Don't remind me, homes.

Being a Knick fan is being a metaphorical big cat that's grown accustomed to its enclosure.

1234443297_ken_park_suicide.gif