2012-2013 Season Ticket Relocation & Pricing

the new upper bowl looks great!! it really does look like a completely different arena. but now they need to scrap the fan bridges. those will be hideous.

i just received my 2012 playoff tickets invoice yesterday in the mail. i vaguely remember reading about a 10% rebate on the playoff ticket costs if i choose submit the invoice by 3/28 and renew 2012-13 subscription by 4/2. not bad i suppose. every little bit helps.

also, my $63 face value tickets become $220 if the knicks reach the Finals. ouch!

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
i just received my 2012 playoff tickets invoice yesterday in the mail. i vaguely remember reading about a 10% rebate on the playoff ticket costs if i choose submit the invoice by 3/28 and renew 2012-13 subscription by 4/2. not bad i suppose. every little bit helps.

also, my $63 face value tickets become $220 if the knicks reach the Finals. ouch!
Except that if Jesus returns on his flying pig and lands on an ice rink in hell, those Finals tickets will be worth $500+. You sell one game, and you see the second game for free with plenty extra left for free food

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
What section are your seats in? Do you guys pay the full amount for the season tickets when you renew? or just a deposit?

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
What section are your seats in? Do you guys pay the full amount for the season tickets when you renew? or just a deposit?

You can pay in full or use the payment plan. You choose between either 8 or 10 installments that run through January (yes, AFTER the season starts) and pay for the first installment as soon as you renew. I have 409 - got moved to 221

have you all received your 2012-13 renewal invoices?

i've only received my playoff invoice 2 days ago. i expect my season renewal invoice will come next week, but it sounds like some subscribers have received them already.

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
have you all received your 2012-13 renewal invoices?

i've only received my playoff invoice 2 days ago. i expect my season renewal invoice will come next week, but it sounds like some subscribers have received them already.

Renewal Invoices are scheduled to be mailed this week

LINvincible

Benchwarmer
I spoke to an account manager and he suggested i get onto the VIP waiting list by buying the season tickets to the liberty (450 bucks per seat).
Anyone know if it's even worth while? If i go on the normal waiting list, what's the chances i get tickets (looking for 2 seats for entire season)? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
I spoke to an account manager and he suggested i get onto the VIP waiting list by buying the season tickets to the liberty (450 bucks per seat).
Anyone know if it's even worth while? If i go on the normal waiting list, what's the chances i get tickets (looking for 2 seats for entire season)? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Those start at $180 per seat (http://www.wnba.com/liberty/) but I don't understand how that would get you to jump the line. Keep in mind that they're playing in Newark for the next 2 summers and if you thought Nets tickets were worthless ($0.01 tickets available to 75% of all games on Stubhub), just assume you'll take a complete loss on these.

And what is up with the renewal offer from the Knicks. A stupid framed picture if you renew with a Chase card? Forget that, I have enough paper weights

LINvincible

Benchwarmer
I spoke with the account manager and he said all VIP waiting list members got season tickets (whole season or game package). I was given the impression that the VIP waiting list gets first crack all any available set. Currently over 90% of the seats are being renewed.
I agree. Those liberty tickets are pretty much worthless. The fact that it's in Jersey is probably even worst. I'll hope on the regular list and pray i get something.
Thanks.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I guess I'll just buy a 50 cent Tropical fantasy soda and a 50 cent Wise Popcorn, and watch the Knick games for free on MSG.
636148.jpg
Wise_Original_Butter_Premium_Popcorn.jpg

Last edited:

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
I spoke with the account manager and he said all VIP waiting list members got season tickets (whole season or game package). I was given the impression that the VIP waiting list gets first crack all any available set. Currently over 90% of the seats are being renewed.
I agree. Those liberty tickets are pretty much worthless. The fact that it's in Jersey is probably even worst. I'll hope on the regular list and pray i get something.
Thanks.

Ok so let me get this straight, the Knicks have a regular waiting list and a VIP waiting list? Did he say all the Liberty full STH automatically get on that list or just the ones paying $450+ per seat?

i did the NY Liberty ticket "plan" last year. it got me on the VIP list and i was able to get two NYK seats. the account mgr never guaranteed that i will get NYK tickets but he reassured me that i was in "very good shape". worst case scenario is that i drop the $$ on NYLiberty tix, and use my NYK season ticket deposit ($500) as a credit towards a future NYK partial package. it was a risk, but it worked.

no, i didn't go to a single NYL game in newark. it was a total loss but it's almost like a fee that i paid to get to the front of the NYK waiting list. it worked and i'm happy i did it.

JerseyBoy

Rookie
Wow, my section 329 row A, 2 seats right on the aisle have gone up a ton. Luckily I have the prices on file so I can see just how bad it is:

2007-2011: $2,489 per seat for the full season (incl. preseason)
2011-2012: $2,772 per seat adjusted up to a full schedule, 33 games to 44 (incl. preseason) (11% increase)
2012-2013: $3,608 per seat (30% increase), now in the SECOND row not the first and no longer on the aisle.... Section "214". Hmmmm......

Face value on the first row for this section is $110 -- not sure what that will be discounted but still, people in this area are really getting raked over the coals. So I'm: 1) higher up due to the new configuration thanks to the ring of luxury boxes; 2) at least one row back; 3) no longer on the aisle; and 4) paying 30% more for it.