2012-2013 Season Ticket Relocation & Pricing

did anyone attend the opener? i ended up selling my tix for a 25% markup. not what i wanted but i'll take what i can get in this post-Sandy environment.

how does the new MSG look?

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
Anyone happen to have a chart of face values for Nets tickets at the Barclay's center? I went last night, nice place. But tickets already are dirt cheap. Just before game time $6 per ticket got you in the door on stubhub. Knicks played an hour later and at game time, get-in-the-door started at around $50+. Just goes to show you that the Nets fan base isn't deep at all and even with a good team is gonna take a long time to build

Anyone happen to have a chart of face values for Nets tickets at the Barclay's center? I went last night, nice place. But tickets already are dirt cheap. Just before game time $6 per ticket got you in the door on stubhub. Knicks played an hour later and at game time, get-in-the-door started at around $50+. Just goes to show you that the Nets fan base isn't deep at all and even with a good team is gonna take a long time to build
Check out what the Knicks are selling individual Dec games for on their website. I saw 2 in 227 against the Nets where there were selling them for $121 each plus the sc.
I hear ya on the Nets. I saw some real cheap ones for the 18th against the Jazz. I plan to go to check out the new arena. Taking the Q from Canal after driving in from Jersey. 2 stops and you are at Barclays.

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
Check out what the Knicks are selling individual Dec games for on their website. I saw 2 in 227 against the Nets where there were selling them for $121 each plus the sc.
I hear ya on the Nets. I saw some real cheap ones for the 18th against the Jazz. I plan to go to check out the new arena. Taking the Q from Canal after driving in from Jersey. 2 stops and you are at Barclays.

Yeah I took the Q too from Canal after driving in from queens. Wanted to avoid BQE traffic and I had no idea where to park near Barclay's. Plenty of parking in Chinatown.

Jay-Z also takes the Subway from Canal :thumbsup:

HoustonUK

Rookie
Hi All,

I am looking for some advice.
I will be in NYC for Xmas this year for the first time(I'm from Scotland,UK) and I'm looking at going the the T'wolves game at the Garden 5pm. I already have tickets for the Jets game that Kickoff's at 1pm. I will be getting off the train to Penn Station which I believe is next to MSG. I am reluctant to buy tickets before I go as I'm not sure if I will make it in time. But I really want to go, what are the chances of getting someone selling tickets at the door?

Cheers,
Paul. :gony:

CoolClyde

Hi All,

I am looking for some advice.
I will be in NYC for Xmas this year for the first time(I'm from Scotland,UK) and I'm looking at going the the T'wolves game at the Garden 5pm. I already have tickets for the Jets game that Kickoff's at 1pm. I will be getting off the train to Penn Station which I believe is next to MSG. I am reluctant to buy tickets before I go as I'm not sure if I will make it in time. But I really want to go, what are the chances of getting someone selling tickets at the door?

Cheers,
Paul. :gony:

hey Paul. yes MSG is located right above Penn Station. assuming the Jets defeat ends at 4:00-4:30PM, you're probably going to be late to the Knicks game, just getting out of the stadium to public transportation will take some time too. there are always guys selling tickets to Knick games, the fact that you may get there late could work in your favor, as ticket scalpers will be trying to get rid of tix at reduced rates just to get rid of them. not sure if you'll find honest dudes selling their tix, as no one wants to be late to the game...

be careful of scalpers selling bogus tix. not sure how you can determine real from fake, just have a wary eye.

HoustonUK

Rookie
hey Paul. yes MSG is located right above Penn Station. assuming the Jets defeat ends at 4:00-4:30PM, you're probably going to be late to the Knicks game, just getting out of the stadium to public transportation will take some time too. there are always guys selling tickets to Knick games, the fact that you may get there late could work in your favor, as ticket scalpers will be trying to get rid of tix at reduced rates just to get rid of them. not sure if you'll find honest dudes selling their tix, as no one wants to be late to the game...

be careful of scalpers selling bogus tix. not sure how you can determine real from fake, just have a wary eye.

Cheers for the reply. As a Bengals fan, I will hope the jets get beat in case we decide not to win another game.

I think I will chance my luck unless tickets unexplained drop in price on stubhub.com by next week. Will venture to the Garden and see if I can get myself in for a decent price. If not.. i'm afraid to say it will be :barf: Nets v Bobcats on the Friday night. My first time in the US and I want to cram as much sport in as I can.

DCinNY

Benchwarmer
Cheers for the reply. As a Bengals fan, I will hope the jets get beat in case we decide not to win another game.

I think I will chance my luck unless tickets unexplained drop in price on stubhub.com by next week. Will venture to the Garden and see if I can get myself in for a decent price. If not.. i'm afraid to say it will be :barf: Nets v Bobcats on the Friday night. My first time in the US and I want to cram as much sport in as I can.

Clyde is right. The time it takes to get back into the city from the Meadowlands can be quite long. I never experienced it for a Jets game, but for a Giants game, it took around an hour or so. Of course these were games in the evening, so it could be better during the day.

The Knicks vs. Timberwolves should be a good game with Rubio back. Definitely be careful when buying tickets from scalpers. This year alone, I've seen quite a few people get rejected at the entrance where they scan your ticket. Just try waiting until the last minute to buy your ticket on Stubhub.