2012-2013 Season Ticket Relocation & Pricing

Incog

Rookie
VIP Waiting List

I just received notification from MSG about season ticket offerings. Out of curiosity, has anyone else that was on the VIP waiting list been offered full season tickets? if so, which seats?

I was on the VIP waiting list this off-season and finally got a call last week but all I got offered was the opportunity to buy 13-game mini-plan tickets (I bought the "White" package that includes the home opener against the Heat and the Rockets game/ JLin homecoming in Dec). I was told the season ticket renewal rate was 97%.

Has anyone else had a different experience?

I was on the VIP waiting list this off-season and finally got a call last week but all I got offered was the opportunity to buy 13-game mini-plan tickets (I bought the "White" package that includes the home opener against the Heat and the Rockets game/ JLin homecoming in Dec). I was told the season ticket renewal rate was 97%.

97% sound about right. Between the Knicks suddenly becoming fairly relevant again and The Garden Transformation, the demand is high. Good move though going for the mini plan. You are now in the computer and you should have some better leverage to one day move up to FST holder. I started out with a 10 game plan and was fortunate to upgrade to STs last year.

Incog

Rookie
thanks for the feedback, Flushing Roots -- that particular mini-plan was a nice consolation while I wait for full season tix to become available.

btw, does anyone have an idea of exactly how many season tickets the Knicks sell? I know MSG seats nearly 20,000 for basketball but I'm curious how many of those seats are sold as season tickets.

thanks for the feedback, Flushing Roots -- that particular mini-plan was a nice consolation while I wait for full season tix to become available.

btw, does anyone have an idea of exactly how many season tickets the Knicks sell? I know MSG seats nearly 20,000 for basketball but I'm curious how many of those seats are sold as season tickets.
Has to be around 19,400 (20,000 x .97).

Hey I signed up for seats last year.. (not VIP) and I actually got offered tickets last monday for the mini plan also.. I bought the white plan seemed like a no brainer.. There wasn't many seats left, but I purchased barstools in section 212..

CoolClyde

Hey I signed up for seats last year.. (not VIP) and I actually got offered tickets last monday for the mini plan also.. I bought the white plan seemed like a no brainer.. There wasn't many seats left, but I purchased barstools in section 212..

barstools? MSG is selling barstools?

you mean 4 KO posters can sit on one barstool if you turn it upside down?
:beer::beer:

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
Really? I wasn't sure if all seats were made available for season ticket sales or if they purposefully held some portion in reserve for individual game purchases.

Nah there's no way 97% are sold as full season. There's a good 5-10% as partial plans and there's a large amount held back for individual sale. They do this partially because they need to make seats available for players, sponsors, & the league (especially during the playoffs), but also because the Knicks use dynamic pricing to sell individual games.

They first started that 2 years ago, and my seats that I paid $25 were being sold for $140 against the lakers. So at a nearly 600% markup, they're going to want to have as many of those available as possible

DCinNY

Benchwarmer
@Gordon

Thanks, but it seems like the hottest games, Miami & Lakers, are sold out. I didn't really try any others.

Last edited:

pinke

Rookie
Hi guys, does anyone know if the seat numbers in the new upper bowl are right to left or left to right? I got a mini plan in section 221 and I'm trying to figure out which of my seats (7-10) is more towards to half court.

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
Anyone seen the upper bowl yet? Any photos?

Here's one of the re-instated "blue seats" (new 400s / 8th Ave side):

131279_10151102415599858_654897464_o.jpg

Hi guys, does anyone know if the seat numbers in the new upper bowl are right to left or left to right? I got a mini plan in section 221 and I'm trying to figure out which of my seats (7-10) is more towards to half court.
They are right to left if you are looking up from the court. Your seat #10 will be closer to half court.

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
I got a pair of tickets to the Knicks at Nets Opener Nov 1st. Sec 226 Row 3. need to sell them because I will be out of the country. $350 a piece if anyone is interested.

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
Anyone have any idea when ST will post to our accounts?:update::update::update::update:

Yes, as soon as the Knicks can't sell another dynamically priced ticket 300% over ST face value, then they will activate your tickets so you can't compete with them on ticketexchange sales

Nothing here, GG. I am getting mine through their downloadable system. They usually are posted there before they send the hard tickets, no?

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
Official announcement this afternoon, all tickets have been loaded into online accounts and you will be able to print or forward them tomorrow 10/9.

Hard tickets are mailing out next Wednesday 10/17