Analysis for knicks offense, During 7-win streak and After Melo/Stats Came backup

Daize

Rookie
Although, these points were pretty glaring immediately with the naked eye, it's great to have some concrete examples that illuminate such stagnations. Great work yo.

kinein

Benchwarmer
I think the problem is, that a team NEEDs to have a ISO-mode.
Kobe-ISO mode + 2 passes = Open man.

I'll see if I can find full videos of Spurs, Milwaukee, and Celtics/Mavs #2 and make some strategic breakdown.

The only problem with this is, it goes against the offensive strength of team. Once you go ISO mode. The rest of the team starts to stagnate. (note I say team) Melo proved in the 1st half and several times in the last few games ( as they gel ) that he is more than capable - and I think he throws the best bullet passes on the team. He also is top 3 in terms of DECISIVENESS when he does look to keep the ball moving.

If you score 110 pts you should be able to win every game. Defense needs to be the most important thing to manage as D'antoni said post-game.

When the team began to do some ISO - you see our offense slow-down specifically very end of 1st half last minute and beginning of 3rd quarter. The Bucks announcers state in the first half that the knicks are playing at a much faster pace and the Bucks are trying to keep up. 2nd half the Knicks start playing more ISO and slower - while bucks play at a faster pace, intense on transitions and aggressiveness.

Our team scores 18 in 3rd quarter.

Just some things I want to toss in - I'm rewatching the game this morning.

Last edited:

kinein

Benchwarmer
Come on really? We tried lineups like this in the past.. welcome to the world of scoring 110 and our opponents scoring 120.. sounds like another lin fan to me .

But your offensive analysis is really great i will admit :)

Why do you think no teams run d'antonis system? First of all takes an extremely gifted shooting team.. secondly putting these small lineups out there you can't play D. D'antoni is not even running his own system this year so don't even bother comparing with any steve nash videos.

The past was led by an 8-15 Melo, who wasn't supposed to play ball-distributor and TD was largely ineffective this season.

Your blanket statement - no teams run blah blah ~ doesn't add to the conversation at all or analysis. I think the analysis is great because it shows what the knicks can work on - and gives the fans something to look for and makes watching more fun because we can be more aware of what is going on instead of just watching the ball bounce.

PS The Lakers are desperately looking for a point-guard at the moment .

kinein

Benchwarmer
stat- giving knicks guards concussions since 2010

Why does he run away from parker like that?

Spurs and other games I notice stat not calling the screen - letting Lin run into walls, then letting the pg for other team run past him.

Amare doesn't really jump in front and set up to take charges. Whats worse is a lot of times he is letting jeremy lin - eat screens.

He needs to MOVE his feet, plant and eat some charges - JR Smith came in and I think was the only person that actually managed to take an offensive charge.

metrocard

Legend
Lol - just a gentle push on duncan, so he can lovingly faceplant Lin -____- :boohoo:

I notice Amare has a habit of getting away from a driving player...whether is a guard or big man. Moves out of the dunks, doesn't try to contest or risk his body or have his ankles being broken.

kinein

Benchwarmer
I notice Amare has a habit of getting away from a driving player...whether is a guard or big man. Moves out of the dunks, doesn't try to contest or risk his body or have his ankles being broken.

Ya I've been seeing that consistently since he has returned. I know someone said he is trying not to foul - but I mean Jared Jeffries is ALWAYS drawing a charging foul at least.

Amare could take some notes from how Chandler, Jeffries play.

Seen Lin and Jr Smith also sacrifice their bodies defensively to prevent easy drives to the hoop.

The Miami Heat are considered shoe-ins for the Finals and one reason they are so good is they play D. ALL 5 OF THEM.

Lebron and Wade and Bosh don't have a brunch break, and sip on cups of tea and eat crumpets when their team is on defense.

Kobe I'm sure - everyone acknowledges is a SuperSTAR and Competitor - and when the opposing team has a guy going nuts. He is the one demanding to cover that guy. I would love to see the same DESIRE to shut down - the hottest player by AMARE and Carmelo.

Amare did show some initiative wanting to cover DIRK - in the MAVS game. But his defensive and rebounding is still lacking. He's not a complete player yet since he has been back and the season started. But I know he hurts when they lose and he wants to win - so I'm expecting that he will improve. Habits are hard to break and it usually takes 3 weeks - proven in nicotine and food/fitness studies - as it relates to the human mind.

skisloper

Starter

Its very bizarre to watch.......I mean when they study film do you think someone shows this to Amare ?