Idiots

FireCoachD

Benchwarmer
I said against San Antonio how poor his free throw shooting has been this season, and he missed a clutch free throw again today....

Before todays game Melo's FT% was 84%, tops on the team besides Novak and on par with his career number.

sligoker

Rookie
Both Melo and Stoudimire are defensive liabilities so when they are on the floor, they have to offset that by being offensive monsters. Its just very tough to play team defense when two of your guys won't do it consistently.

mr-freeze.gif

Chill, alot of the hate is from new posters to the site, we all know we cant play half as good as these guys and its their job to get better.Bottom line whether MDA is coach or not, we cant get any worse.

Yea you're right. I'm chilling from now on...

Stat played NO defense again.

Stat was responsible for at least 10 turnovers from fumbling the ball off of the pick and roll, charging into defenders and consistently is out of position to catch the outlet pass resulting in a ton of turnovers for the rest of our team, especially Lin, because the dude can't catch an open pass.

How many of Stat's points were because of a nice pass from Lin or Davis that left him for a wide open dunk/layup? lol almost all of them.

Can Stat make a covered shot anymore? HELL NO. He's playing like George Muresan out there.

I really should make a highlight tape of Stat's defensive performance the last month or so. It's getting to the point where the Knicks would be better off just leaving him on the opponents basket and let him cherry pick all game. That's pretty much how he's scoring now. Dude can't hit a jumper to save his life. He also can't create his own shot to save his life. He can't defend to save his life. So what does he do for us that makes him worth 100M? Catch sweet passes from Lin and Baron for easy dunks?

Damn I wish I was Stat, what an easy a$$ job. I bet you were happy the other night after Stat said "the old Stat is back!" after looking like goof-troop and his Knicks getting blown out. The dude is a joke and cares more about what his personal chef is cooking for breakfast tomorrow than he does about this team or this city. If you believe otherwise you are BLIND. We need defense much more than we need a one-dimensional scorer that only can score when he's wide the hell open. Trade this loser now!

Lets not get it twisted. I'm not happy with STATS defensive effort out there. He seems to play OK in his man responsibilities. He shut Dirk down for an entire half, which shows he's capable and trying. But his awareness when it comes to team defense is poor. He needs practice in this area. I doubt the Knicks under MDA practice defense at all...

as bad as our defense was today Dantoni lost this game. He had at least 5 minutes in the 4th to tell everyone to drive to the basket and get fouled as they were in the penalty. I think we got only like 2 chances instead of say 7 chances. Make them foul you. The good coaches know this. Sadly there is only a thin line to coaching. Either you know it or you squander opportunity (like Dantoni)...the 4 or so points we lost by could had easilly been made up at the free throw line and we would had been taking last second foul shots instead of them. These are the games that piss me off. sorry

Agreed...:agreed:

BrianMan

Benchwarmer
Melo lost it when he missed the clutch foul shot. He used to be clutch, not lately. We always win in spite of MDA, you can blame him for every loss.

That's for sure, no doubt he put the dagger in his own team by missing that free throw, same for stat with the late turnover. But, the game was lost long before that unfortunately. The offense was what fans were waiting for all season long, but the defense was.....lazy, uncommitted, low-pressure-no-rebounding awfulness, which is really upsetting for everyone because the offense was spot-on.

I think what really make them unstoppable is that they have all this energy from NOT playing Defense......did you not watch the same game ?

What pisses me off most about Melo is when he wants to turn on it he can....so why not do it all game ??????

as for Stat even Clyde was ragging on him.......
hmmmmmmmm
HE LETS GUYS GO RIGHT BY HIM...WHY ?????????????

When MDA is fired we'll hire a defensive minded coach. (I hope its Laimbeer) At that point we'll probably practice defensive schemes so that STAT has a better understanding and feel out there...

Crazy⑧s;216790 said:
I get the frustration with posters.

But, in the case of the accused, merit is earned, not expected. A clock ticking against the league's most underachieving team in a short season results in short fuses and frustration, as you've shown. Regardless of which side of the fence you're sitting on however, both sides have valid points and there is no real mediator other than the results we get out of those that we bicker about.

I for the life of me cant put much blame on the players for the losses as they continue to pile up. There is just too much talent on this team for it to have started 8-15 and now they're 18-22. Are STAT and Melo flawed? Maybe. But they have talents.

The only players I've ever seen that could do everything well was Bird and Clyde. They played defense, rebounded, scored and could shoot. They both were also smart players. I'll wait for the upcoming coaching change before I judge these players...

elcol

Rotation player
the knicks were missing their two tallest big guys against the best rebounding team in the NBA, now MDA shoulda put in jordan in the first and second....

nuckles2k2

Superstar
STAT went 27 & 11 playing center tho...he's not playing center every night. I know it's the unpopular thing to point out, but it's not the type of thing you can over look.

He showed his post game last night...when he turned his back to Gooden, drove baseline, very quickly went no where, charging foul, turn over.

You gotta make a choice, do you want Chandler out of STAT's way, so no more offensive boards, I assume his 68% field goal percentage comes down because he's not operating under the rim, but STAT can set those high picks, crash the lane, and attack the basket with less bodies in the paint.

Or is this what you want?: @ 1:50

An Amar'e that fashions himself as a perimeter & inside player, next to Chandler. I'm sorry, when has he ever been a perimeter player? He can't create for himself, he doesn't create for others. He's a 'set the pick, run hard to the rim, get the ball, explode' player. He's a run the court and attack the D before it's set player. Last year he hit those 16-18 foot shots when centers didn't want to close out and contest, but 1) power forwards will, and 2) he's not a knock down jump shooter, it's not a go-to aspect of his game. Relying on that for 16 games in the playoffs? No thanks.

I know we're supposed to love STAT and hate Melo; or love both regardless; or hate both, regardless, depending on what faction of people you're talking about on here....but I'm waiting for STAT to have 3 good games in a row, with Chandler on the court, before I'm on board with him being in a Knicks uniform at 33 making $23M.

His numbers even dipped from 25.2ppg & 9.1 boards in the '07-'08 season, to 21.4 ppg & 8.1 boards in the '08-'09 season when Terry Porter had Shaq and was employing a slower, more traditional offense. Porter gets fired, Shaq traded, Alvin Gentry goes back to the uptempo system, and what happens? 23.1 ppg & 8.9 boards.

He finished up the season averaging 25.3 ppg on 53% shooting in Feb; 27.3 ppg on 55% shooting in March; and 26.4 ppg on 58% shooting in April.

Then we all know what he did on the Knicks last year with his 25.3 ppg, 8.2 rebounds, and 50% shooting.

But this season it falls off nasty in terms of scoring and scoring efficiency, since he's still averaging 8.2 rebounds. Is it a pure chance that it happens to coincide with when we got a true 5 in Chandler? Yea there was the the "extra weight" and loss of explosiveness, but that only manifested itself when he was getting demolished at the rim....how often was he even trying to get to the rim with Tyson on the court? I remember a lot of poor jump shots.

He has no go to post shot, he doesn't have the footwork and the push or hook shots, so do we move Tyson aside and run the "offense" that STAT is comfortable with, or do we put him in the post and let him operate like a fish out of water?

Which terrible choice do we have a consensus with, from the masses?

Last edited: