Lin frustrated with Glenn "Jello" Robinson and Whackimire

KingofNy

Starter
1y733a.jpg

If I remember correctly, that's the day he tweeted "The old Stat is back" F U Amare!

kinein

Benchwarmer
Tired of Lin trying to force passes. Stop passing it and just shoot, until you know some guys are ready and willing to pay attention and take your pass.

when we are down 15, with 3 min to go - shoot it, stop trying to pass.

there is so much deference he's either developed a bad habit or is being told to be submissive by "stars". Who are some guys just collecting millions to run back and forth on the court.

Ball movement was really poor - the D'antoni/Lin ball movement has been exchanged for.

Dribble stopping and throwing to an ISO - or past an Amare that isn't expecting a pass.

Frustrated.

38 pts in 3rd. Melo and Amare needed to be benched hard. No pride whatsoever to let any-team drop 38 in the 4th. They are the supposed "stars" leaders veterans paid a bulk of the salary cap.

KingofNy

Starter
Tired of Lin trying to force passes. Stop passing it and just shoot, until you know some guys are ready and willing to pay attention and take your pass.

when we are down 15, with 3 min to go - shoot it, stop trying to pass.

there is so much deference he's either developed a bad habit or is being told to be submissive by "stars". Who are some guys just collecting millions to run back and forth on the court.

Ball movement was really poor - the D'antoni/Lin ball movement has been exchanged for.

Dribble stopping and throwing to an ISO - or past an Amare that isn't expecting a pass.

LOL @ blaming Lin. How many of those passes are directed at "Goof Troop" (Amare)? LOL Amare is responsible for 1/2 of the Knicks turnovers. He can't handle passes and never runs the plays correctly, especially the pick and roll. And the few times he does run it correctly he bobbles the pass or loses track of Lin. Dude plays like he's 7'6".

kinein

Benchwarmer
LOL @ blaming Lin. How many of those passes are directed at "Goof Troop" (Amare)? LOL Amare is responsible for 1/2 of the Knicks turnovers. He can't handle passes and never runs the plays correctly, especially the pick and roll. And the few times he does run it correctly he bobbles the pass or loses track of Lin. Dude plays like he's 7'6".

Still wearing my Lin Gametime shirt ;) I'm frustrated that he isn't accepting that Amare is a liability. He needs to go for the open-look shots, or keep his dribble, and drive in and pass back out. I completely agree with you. Amare is developing a horrible habit of just not being ready, aware, or adjusting to dishes coming his way.

Its a sharp contrast to when it was chandler and Lin - during the February run.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer

Lin is forcing things these days. Someone needs to tell him to stop trying to be the savior. When Linsanity first started, he made passes in the flow of the game. Now he is trying to be Steve Nash.

Sure Stat sucked today. He got his shots blocked left and right. He was catching the ball like he got a glove on. And he played no defense.

But it wasn't all on Stat.

FireCoachD

Benchwarmer
I blame the coach. Each game the team seems more unprepared for what the other team is throwing at them. In the beginning of games we come out cohesively, but as soon as the other team adjusts their game plan, D'antoni can't keep up. After halftime each nite, teams coming out and blowing us away. No emotion on the sideline from the coach and the players. They said it well during the postgame show, when we were down 1 or 2 it felt like 20. This was the most painful game to watch for me in a while.

kinein

Benchwarmer
Lin is forcing things these days. Someone needs to tell him to stop trying to be the savior. When Linsanity first started, he made passes in the flow of the game. Now he is trying to be Steve Nash.

Sure Stat sucked today. He got his shots blocked left and right. He was catching the ball like he got a glove on. And he played no defense.

But it wasn't all on Stat.

My point was Lin needs to go for the open-look shots instead. He was trying to distribute too hard to Amare who wasn't there mentally. He needs to go for the open-looks instead of the harder gymnastic shots - when its there. Instead of assisting and dishing - shooting. When we are down 20pts. instead of passing to a guy surrounded by 3-4 guys. Shoot it. He's open.

But its defense that killed us. 38pts in 3rd quarter. Another 3rd quarter break-down.

A lot of its on statue. It is a huge hole in our defense - Carmelo is capable just is only noticeably defending once in a while based on how he feels.

Hopefully Coach D'antoni plays the court - with players that WILL commit to playing both sides of the ball. Defense doesn't rely on whether you hit shots or not. It requires effort and commitment to stay on your man and responsibility.

Bench whomever doesn't want to buy-in to playing 100%.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
My point was Lin needs to go for the open-look shots instead. He was trying to distribute too hard to Amare who wasn't there mentally.

But its defense that killed us. 38pts in 3rd quarter. Another 3rd quarter break-down.

A lot of its on stats. It is a huge hole in our defense. That one can track throughout the entire last 6+ weeks or longer.

I am with you 100%. Lin should not be passing if his target is not open. Not every PnR has to end up with a pass.

As for the defense, you and I both have beaten it to death. It is clear that our big 2 don't like to play defense.

Bring back JVG, please.

kinein

Benchwarmer
I am with you 100%. Lin should not be passing if his target is not open. Not every PnR has to end up with a pass.

As for the defense, you and I both have beaten it to death. It is clear that our big 2 don't like to play defense.

Bring back JVG, please.

Chandler interview out on knicksnow.com you HAVE to listen to it. Shump speaks too!

Lin can pass more effectively when teams are freaking out over his ability to take it to the hoop and finish. Along with nailing daggers over opponents.

oh i probably should add that EVERY GAME Amare is missing the feeds to him. It isn't a fluke - he consistently doesn't seem ready to take the ball and score for 3+ plays a game at least - when his only asset is to score inside the paint ~ he is doing a piss-poor job. If he won't play defense ( from beginning to end ) - won't rebound (offensively/defensively) then he has to at least score everytime the ball is within 1 ft of his hands. He needs to take responsibility, so does Carmelo. There is ample video for us to replay over and over. Leadership demands accountability and these two aren't showing it.

The other players on the knicks are doing a good job not pointing fingers - and yes the Knicks do need Carmelo and Amare. I'm not sure for what. But they need them ... when they give 100% effort and commitment

udgnim

Rookie
Leadership demands accountability and these two aren't showing it.

closest person with a leadership role on the Knicks is Tyson

A'mare and Melo are definitely not leaders. D'antoni isn't a leader.

Lin could become a leader on the Knicks because of the D'antoni system but that only happens if A'mare and Melo are no longer on the roster

there's a huge leadership vacuum and it shows because like you said, there is no accountability

JazRedGT

Benchwarmer
Did anyone notice in the 76ers game. Lin was being pressed full court. Amare going up court didn't even bother setting a screen to help Lin get up court. Well same shot clock Lin is finally down on our side trying to make a play. Amare is wide open at the elbow and Lin looked at him then passed to someone else on the other side of the court! LoL. My wife and I were watching that shit and just dying laughing. Lin schooled his ass. Keep your head in the game 100% of the time or you won't see the ball STAT.

KingofNy

Starter
Still wearing my Lin Gametime shirt ;) I'm frustrated that he isn't accepting that Amare is a liability. He needs to go for the open-look shots, or keep his dribble, and drive in and pass back out. I completely agree with you. Amare is developing a horrible habit of just not being ready, aware, or adjusting to dishes coming his way.

Its a sharp contrast to when it was chandler and Lin - during the February run.

Where is he supposed to go with the ball after he drives into 3 defenders? Team's are doubling/pressing Lin and and doubling Melo when he has the ball leaving Stat alone in the paint. Problem is Stat can't handle the ball when it's thrown to him and he's never in the right place at the right time. He either travels, fumbles the pass or catches it and waits for a defender to come up to him where he tries to blow by them (which he can't do anymore).

Stat sets more screens on our own guys than he does on the opposing team. Watch the game tonight and keep count of how many Knicks turnovers are directly the result of Amare being out of position and/or fumbling the pass. Also, watch how many times the Bulls target and/or score on him or because of him. We lost the Dallas game solely because Dallas attacked him the entire 4th quarter. All in all the main problem is D'Antoni and his lack of guidance and leadership... But until he's fired Stat needs to hold himself accountable and fix his garbage @ss play.

kinein

Benchwarmer
Where is he supposed to go with the ball after he drives into 3 defenders? Team's are doubling/pressing Lin and and doubling Melo when he has the ball leaving Stat alone in the paint. Problem is Stat can't handle the ball when it's thrown to him and he's never in the right place at the right time. He either travels, fumbles the pass or catches it and waits for a defender to come up to him where he tries to blow by them (which he can't do anymore).

Stat sets more screens on our own guys than he does on the opposing team. Watch the game tonight and keep count of how many Knicks turnovers are directly the result of Amare being out of position and/or fumbling the pass. Also, watch how many times the Bulls target and/or score on him or because of him. We lost the Dallas game solely because Dallas attacked him the entire 4th quarter. All in all the main problem is D'Antoni and his lack of guidance and leadership... But until he's fired Stat needs to hold himself accountable and fix his garbage @ss play.

I agree with you entirely. Although I am seeing Lin - stopping and thinking. Instead of driving and shooting when he has had opportunities. I think we are of the same leaf just different sides of it.

I actually get nauseous everytime I watch Amare let- JLin eat some screen.

The most disheartening aspect of the last few games is how much hustle I see by JLin and others at times - and then its sharply contrasted by Amare or Carmelo or when Baron Davis starts IGNORING Lin entirely on a few offensive series.

Lol I find it ironic how Amare and Carmelo talk about no energy and how they are supporting the guys.

AmareMelo.gif

Does this look like leadership & accountabiliity while the unit on the floor is fighting back trying to win it vs the 76ers?

Hmm yes thats some inspiration right there. Thats true leadership - 4th quarter support! They are jumping up and down yelling on their feet- whipping their towels around like its the NBA finals!

kinein

Benchwarmer
Kenny Smith talking to Stephen A Smith on the Radio right now.

Jeremy Lin needs to learn to say No - To Amare to Carmelo etc..

The same thing many of us have been saying.

KingofNy

Starter
Chandler interview out on knicksnow.com you HAVE to listen to it. Shump speaks too!

Lin can pass more effectively when teams are freaking out over his ability to take it to the hoop and finish. Along with nailing daggers over opponents.

oh i probably should add that EVERY GAME Amare is missing the feeds to him. It isn't a fluke - he consistently doesn't seem ready to take the ball and score for 3+ plays a game at least - when his only asset is to score inside the paint ~ he is doing a piss-poor job. If he won't play defense ( from beginning to end ) - won't rebound (offensively/defensively) then he has to at least score everytime the ball is within 1 ft of his hands. He needs to take responsibility, so does Carmelo. There is ample video for us to replay over and over. Leadership demands accountability and these two aren't showing it.

The other players on the knicks are doing a good job not pointing fingers - and yes the Knicks do need Carmelo and Amare. I'm not sure for what. But they need them ... when they give 100% effort and commitment

I agree with most of your post except the portion in bold. I think the problem with our team right now is that they AREN'T pointing fingers. Someone needs to step up and call out Stat for not calling out screens or playing defense off of them. Part of this problem is due to the Knicks switching too much on D. This encourages players to be lazy and not fight through the screens. Switching should be a last resort, not the norm. Yet in our losses we switch before the screens even happen.

Also, someone needs to step out and tell Melo that he doesn't need to force the ball all the time and shoot bad shots. They need to tell Melo that if he drives and draws the double that he can kick it out for the open shot. There's not enough communication on the court for our team to be successful. You can see the frustration in Chandlers, Lin's, and Melo's face when you watch them play, yet no one says squat or takes responsibility for the problems.

How can MDA seriously go over the tape of prior games with his team and NOT call out Stat for setting screens on his own guys? How can MDA not see that J.R. Smith thinks he's Melo 2.0 and shoots bad shot after bad shot? How can he not see that we're not a 3pt shooting team like he had in Phoenix? How can he not know by now that you can't consistently win games living and dying by the long-range shot? How can he not see that Stat is causing 8+ turnovers a game? If we see all the problems that are happening, you know the players see it. Are they scared to say something to fix the problem? They probably are. They're probably scared MDA is going to jump down their throat because he can't say anything to the "real" problems. Who knows??

The one thing we all know is it's time for MDA to go, he's lost all control over this team and it's time for a change. Hopefully we lose tonight and MDA is gone tomorrow. I hate rooting for us to lose but if we beat the Bulls than there's a good chance MDA will get to hang around another 2 weeks and that will mean we'll never even sniff the playoffs. It's almost funny that the savior of our team (Jeremy Lin), ended up hurting us the most because he saved MDA's job. We can't catch a break can we?

Last edited:

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
I agree with most of your post except the portion in bold. I think the problem with our team right now is that they AREN'T pointing fingers. Someone needs to step up and call out Stat for not calling out screens or playing defense off of them. Part of this problem is due to the Knicks switching too much on D. This encourages players to be lazy and not fight through the screens. Switching should be a last resort, not the norm. Yet in our losses we switch before the screens even happen.

Also, someone needs to step out and tell Melo that he doesn't need to force the ball all the time and shoot bad shots. They need to tell Melo that if he drives and draws the double that he can kick it out for the open shot. There's not enough communication on the court for our team to be successful. You can see the frustration in Chandlers, Lin's, and Melo's face when you watch them play, yet no one says squat or takes responsibility for the problems.

How can MDA seriously go over the tape of prior games with his team and NOT call out Stat for setting screens on his own guys? How can MDA not see that J.R. Smith thinks he's Melo 2.0 and shoots bad shot after bad shot? How can he not see that we're not a 3pt shooting team like he had in Phoenix? How can he not know by now that you can't consistently win games living and dying by the long-range shot? How can he not see that Stat is causing 8+ turnovers a game? If we see all the problems that are happening, you know the players see it. Are they scared to say something to fix the problem? They probably are. They're probably scared MDA is going to jump down their throat because he can't say anything to the "real" problems. Who knows??

The one thing we all know is it's time for MDA to go, he's lost all control over this team and it's time for a change. Hopefully we lose tonight and MDA is gone tomorrow. I hate rooting for us to lose but if we beat the Bulls than there's a good chance MDA will get to hang around another 2 weeks and that will mean we'll never even sniff the playoffs. It's almost funny that the savior of our team (Jeremy Lin), ended up hurting us the most because he saved MDA's job. We can't catch a break can we?

:agreed:

It is funny that Lin's saving of MDA job is hurting the Knicks now. But yea they need to fire the coach ASAP I'd do it after the Chicago game win or lose.

kinein

Benchwarmer
lol Stephen A Smith suggested he would hire a Ron Artest to Punch Faces during practice. That Melo and Amare would consider Stephen A - their worst nightmare. hahaha.

------------

Chandler was interviewed before the Chicago game that.. is starting in 10-15 minutes.

Back in Chicago, where Tyson Chandler began his career, he had a large group of media around him before the game. Asked about the Knicks, Chandler said, "We’ve got to get back and look back at what we were doing when we were winning. We had a fast-paced offense, getting up and down the floor. Our defense was getting set. We were communicating out there. I think a lot of times now we’re letting our offense dictate our defense."

Last edited: