Philadelphia 76ers @ New York Knicks 03.11 12:00PM

Rioferd

Benchwarmer
Frustrating. At least Mike kept Melo and Stat on the bench at the end of the game.
Quite interesting that Clyde criticised MDA on-air. Maybe Dolan gave them the green light. But who could replace Dantoni?

It was a good move to bench the two stars. Sends a message I suppose. I think MDA had one eye on the Bulls game too. They need those two fresh if we are going to win that statement game.

But at the same time they were yanked for a real lack of leadership and effort on the court. Especially on the defensive end. Missed shots you can forgive. But lack of effort and allowing turner and williams to burn us like that? Thats just disgraceful.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
:agreed::agreed::agreed:
915aba8f2e45a34006ba05a2954bef69.jpg

It looks like D'Antoni doesn't give a shit about Dolan anymore and he played the guys he wanted to and not the guys Dolan wants him to play. I can't believe I'm saying this but dude deserves a handshake for benching our stars even if he gets fired soon.

When have the Jets ever won ;)

They have gotten further recently than the Knicks have gotten in 12 years. They are 2 talented teams with one sided coaches that are not listening to them anymore. Melo is Mark Sanchez, a talented person who has failed in the lime light.

Rob Low

Rotation player
-Novak should not of played for that long in the 4th. He didn't play D or hit shots.
-Shump should of played more
-Jr should of played less
-Why take out Melo when he's the only one playing good today?
-Fields played well
-Amare was useless today
-Taking out Melo at the beginning of the 2nd when he was hot was a retarded move.
-I really miss Jeffries

-Novak should not of played for that long in the 4th. He didn't play D or hit shots.
-Fields played well
-Amare was useless today
-Taking out Melo at the beginning of the 2nd when he was hot was a retarded move.
-I really miss Jeffries

yea i especially agree with benching Melo in the 2nd QTR. Our best player who's confidence is shot, is on fire in the first and you don't let him build upon his streak and confidence by sitting him? C'mon man

Archetype

Rookie
-Fields played well
-Amare was useless today
-I really miss Jeffries

melo was like 0/10 in the 2nd/3rd quarter

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
Lin had a bad game, yet had the second-best +/- amongst Knicks players for the game......... For the second straight game, the Knicks were just plain awful with him on the bench. (Lin was +13 in the Bucks loss. That should tell you something.)

I think Jared Jeffries is the most-important missing link right now. When he was in the rotation, the defense was fine.

KingofNy

Starter
Lin had a bad game, yet had the second-best +/- amongst Knicks players for the game.........

I think Jared Jeffries is the most-important missing link right now. When he was in the rotation, the defense was fine.

Check out Stat's +/- the last 20 games. He averages about -10, even in wins. Too bad D'Antoni doesn't have the balls to hold him accountable. That makes all the difference. Fire Dumbtoni and bench Stat!

pat

Starter
-Fields played well
-Amare was useless today
-I really miss Jeffries

First of all, what is "should of" supposed to mean? It is "should have"! Otherwise it does not make sense at all. Secondly, Melo went cold and did not stop shooting. Judging by Novak standards, he put in great effort on defense. He even blocked a shot.

I agree with your assessment of Shumpert's and Smith's game, though.

Rioferd

Benchwarmer
They have gotten further recently than the Knicks have gotten in 12 years. They are 2 talented teams with one sided coaches that are not listening to them anymore. Melo is Mark Sanchez, a talented person who has failed in the lime light.

Knicks at least have gotten to the finals in the Pat Ewing era. Jets haven't been to the big dance yet.

Interesting comparison between Sanchez and Melo. Both are talented and highly touted players coming out of college. Both shown signs of being capable of becoming the best in their respective sports. However both don't have the heart or the leadership ability to pull it off (so far).

I just think if Melo applies himself and plays BOTH sides of the ball he can lead us to greatness. If he buys into the team mentality and plays tough EVERY night. This is the BEST time for him to do it with the emergence of Lin and the bench guys/chandler. Not since Syracuse has he had a better chance to win something significant.

Number3

Benchwarmer
We need a Justin Tuck in that locker room... Chandler needs to smack around our players..especially Melo and Statue... show him his ring and tell them how much heart and energy it takes to win one

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
-Fields played well
-Amare was useless today
-I really miss Jeffries

- Novak played some great defense in the Q4 including a freaking important steal and he hit an even more important threepointer.

- Shump was out of control today, but I agree he should have been playing more in the crunch because of his incredible defense.

- Agreed, but at least JR showed EFFORT.

- Carmelo was shooting 38%, the guy he was supposed to guard shot 6-8 with Anthony on him and just 1-4 in the Q4.

- Agreed, that's why he was playing in the Q4 instead of Lamelo, if you don't give a fukk about this team, you should be benched, so D'Antoni showed some balls and told Anthony to GTFO and let real players play.

-Agreed, that's why he was benched with Lamelo together.

-Agreed, maybe if D'Antoni didn't bench Carmelo in the Q2 he would be on fire throughout the Q3 and wouldn't get benched in the Q4.

-Agreed, guy is a great teammate and a superb defender compared to our "stars". Besides, he gives a shit about this organization and isn't afraid of playing physical, we all owe him.

Turnovers don't mean sh*t when you win. Would people be happy if he consistently got 0 turnovers but always lost?

During that win streak, Lin ran the offense. He slashed and drove more often. The offense, as a whole moved a lot faster and there was more ball movement.

People calling for the scorers (Melo) to come in the 4th? Melo was -16. STAT was -12. Baron was -16. You're just going to get another 114 point scoring game where you lose if you don't play any D. But go ahead and play the superstars.

Chandler playing with only one hand today hurt them. His hand needs to get better quick.