Philadelphia 76ers @ New York Knicks 03.11 12:00PM

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
IMPORTANT: TO ALL EU FORUMERS, ON MARCH 11 IN THE US BEGINS THE DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME AND FOR THE NEXT TWO WEEKS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ET AND UT WILL BE SHORTENED TO 4 HOURS.

Time.png

Logos0311.png

STARTING LINEUPS
subs may apply

76ers0311.png

Knicks0311.png

CRUCIAL MATCHUP

Matchup0311.png

MEDIA CORNER

stephen-a-o.gif

A few weeks ago when Linsanity was still sweeping the nation, it appeared the New York Knicks might be on track to pass the slumping Philadelphia 76ers for the Atlantic Division lead.

While the 76ers seemed to right the ship this week, the Knicks have fallen further behind them with a winless March.

Philadelphia looks for a third straight easy victory - after a three-week stretch in which it won twice - and tries to hand New York an unhappy homecoming Sunday following a bad road trip.
The emergence of Jeremy Lin sparked the Knicks' eight-game winning streak that went into mid-February. They trailed the first-place 76ers by 7 1/2 games to begin that month, but the deficit was down to three on Feb. 22 after Philadelphia suffered a fifth straight loss.
The Knicks (18-22) have failed to take their momentum into March. They've opened the month by losing four consecutive road games greatly due to poor defense, allowing an average of 111.8 points.
"We have a long way to go as a team but we have a lot of good pieces," forward Steve Novak said. "If we're just able to blend those and figure it out, by the end of the year were going to be tough."
Lin had 14 points in the first two games of the trip and 20 in the last two. He averaged just 5.3 assists in the first three games, then had 13 on Friday but committed five turnovers as New York lost 119-114 at Milwaukee.
"Tonight wasn't a lack of energy, it wasn't a lack of heart or will," Lin said.
While Carmelo Anthony's return hasn't benefited the Knicks, center Tyson Chandler rejoining the lineup certainly could. They're 2-6 with Anthony back - he's averaged 18.4 points - after missing seven games with a strained groin. Chandler (hamstring) might return Sunday after sitting out two games, during which New York was outrebounded by 15 while giving up at least 118 points in each.
The porous defense has made Amare Stoudemire's scoring surge irrelevant, averaging 23.7 points over the past three games.
"Offense should never be a problem," coach Mike D'Antoni said. "What we have to do is have consistent energy, we have to defend harder and we have to have a desperation about us that we need to get in the playoffs."
D'Antoni's club is 5 1/2 back of the division lead after the 76ers (24-17) put together double-digit wins at home in their last two games. They had been in a 2-8 slump.
Two nights after routing Boston 103-71, Philadelphia never trailed in the second of a 104-91 victory over Utah on Friday.
Thaddeus Young missed the Celtics game with a respiratory illness but came back Friday to score 21. The 76ers are now at full strength other than missing center Spencer Hawes (Achilles), though he could return next week.
"(Being healthy) means a lot," said Elton Brand, who missed four games in February with a thumb injury. "It's good to have just about a full group back. You can see what it means."
Evan Turner's emergence also could be a big help. Turner scored 16 points Friday after having a career-high 26 on Wednesday, and he's averaged 11.0 rebounds in three games since joining the starting lineup.
"Evan is such a versatile player," Brand said. "He's such a threat out there on the court."
While the 76ers have dropped five of six on the road, the Knicks have won seven of nine at home.
New York has won six of eight in this series, including an 85-79 home victory Jan. 11 in the lone matchup this season as Anthony and Stoudemire combined for 47 points.

Speelsegment.png

SOUNDTRACK

OFFICIAL CHILLOUT MACHINE
watch until your stress is gone!

tiff_yuri_lollipop.gif

THIS GAME THREAD IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY

Kinder-1.png

Phila.png

WINNING STREAK STARTS HERE!

Great thread Dwon!

Another matinee game, good for us guys in Europe.

I'll be back home (New York) in July :peace:

Until then, I'll have to rely on League Pass and watch the games the next day, with the exception of matinees.

I hope the winning streak starts here, or we hire a new coaching staff or trade a couple of players, whatever neccessary to win again, not only 4-5 games, but something like a .600 season or better....that would be something.....

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Last season I usually woke up to watch the Knicks live, but this season it seems not to work (getting older...) and I watch my O&B before I vanish for class/work. Of course it's much more fun to watch live, but watching afterwards has one great advantage... you save at least 30 minutes by skipping timeouts and half time break. :D

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Hmm, I'd like to be that lollipop.

Stop this 4-game losing streak and pound on the Sixers like JR doing that half-naked ass. It would be nice if Melo decides to show up at the defensive end for this game.

Just win.

iSaYughh

Starter
Sweet GT.

Somewhat important game here. We have to assert ourselves at some point of playing reasonably dominant ball against quality teams....when we keep shitting the bed vs weakling squads, we must, or we will not make the playoffs.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Sweet GT.

Somewhat important game here. We have to assert ourselves at some point of playing reasonably dominant ball against quality teams....when we keep shitting the bed vs weakling squads, we must, or we will not make the playoffs.

Right on.

We're not far from being a good squad. 3 of the last 4 losses were all close calls that could have gone either way. Keep in mind that we did not have JJ and Chandler for 2 of those 4 losses.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
Important game for us to win and i think we will.

However, I think all the hate for D'antoni and Melo/STAT is a bit harsh considering everyhing abou this season. Shortened season, means we had less time to fully prepare for he season. Adding that to all the additions we have made, we havnt had any time at all to become a proper team.

Excuses aside, we need to put together a run now for the play-offs. Im not expecting us to make a run in the play-offs but i would like to see some kind of spark which will make me say, "this team could be a winner next season".

Forget the 4 game losing streak, Home court against the Sixers is where our revival hopefully begins!

Let's come out and play 4 quarters of basketball for once. Win or lose, we need to start figuring out how to come together as a team.

smokes

Huge Member
Considering everyone thinks we're gonna lose this game I'm not sure it's worth getting up at 5am for!

Rob Low

Rotation player
Knicks always beat the Sixers and I don't expect this game to be any different. Especially since we're playing a lot better at home and will have Tyson back. Hawes is still out for them so Tyson and Amare should abuse them inside with Lin probably outplaying Holiday and Lou Will. Young is gonna probably drop a career high on Amare and have like 7 offensive rebounds but we should be able to overcome it.

Knicks 91 Sixers 85

LeFlume

All Star
'Cuse lost agaisnt Cincy. Knicks playing poorly. I need something to cheer about . We need to win this game. Good GT Dzwon..Hope it's a winner. :gony: