Have you all gone mad?

FireCoachD

Benchwarmer
Out of the 5 losses, this is to me the worst one.. they just looked completely lost in the 2nd half. No effort at times on either side of the ball.

New New York

Quiet Storm
While I love this thread, the fact of the matter is that this is just the fickly nature of Knicks "fans" on this site

This time last month talking about winning rings, a 5 game losing streak and now everybody on the team needs to be traded or cut or should have never been signed!

LOL at the people who claim that we are better without Melo and Stat because a lineup consisting of Bill Walker and Jefferies played well for a stretch!

Lets look at the facts....if Melo and Amare were still out then our starting lineup against the Spurs and Bucks would have been

Lin
JR Smith
Feilds
Novak
Harrelson

Ok they are both playing below expectaion, fair enough, but when we lose people get down right stupid with the claims they make!

metrocard

Legend
My face after reading this thread:

dat-ass-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-418.gif

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
This thread is a fail. Melo is shooting like Jamal Crawford on the Chicago Bulls.
SHAT's jump shot looks worse than Shaquille O' Neal.

Jeremy Lin is playing bad, because he's actually trying to defer to these scrubs. He needs to just do his thing. Score 20 points, 8 assists, Starbury style, and leave those bums in the dust.

STAT and Melo should be put on probation. Only 10 field goal attempts per game a piece from these washed up role players.

Tyson Chandler and Jeremy Lin need to put up 15-20 shot attempts per game. STAT and Melo are the Tayshaun Prince and Ben Wallace of the Detroit Pistons(minus the blocks, rebounds, and hustle). They need to fallback. Jeremy Lin and Tyson Chandler are the Chauncey Billups and Rasheed Wallace of the 2004 NBA Champs.
Lin's game =/= Carmelo's game.

What we're doing right now is playing in a system that silents Carmelo's ego and prices him with isolation plays. D'Antoni's value in Dolan's office is way lower than Carmelo's. It's enough that Carmelo cried into Dolan's ear once or twice and D'Antoni was forced to create a system where Carmelo feels comfortable. Dolan doesn't want his "franchise player" making $20M/year feel martyred and being blamed for underachieving.

I'm tired of trying to figure out what's wrong with the Knicks. I'll wait until we get a new head coach before I pass judgement again.

I actually watched the game today emotionless. I wasnt into it at all.

Wargames

Starter
its because no one wants to admit mike sucks so they passive aggressively make excuses for him. I saw this on another board but its true.

Mike Dantoni didn't have stars, so we brought them in.
Mike Dantoni didn't have defensive players, so we brought them in.
Mike Dantoni didn't have a point guard, so we got one.
Mike Dantoni didn't have depth, so brought some in.
Mike Dantoni has failed miserably with this team.
Fire Dantoni.

also Chicago had to get a new coach before they became the powerhouse they are now.

Paul1355

All Star
I come back after a mini-losing streak and look at the forums and it's complete chaos.

Melo is a Glen Robinson cancer!

Amare is a busted Kneed old man

The Knicks are better without Tyson Chandler!

Lin is a scared yellow boy!

We should start Douglas!

What in the **** is wrong with you all?!? Don't you know that a team needs chemistry?!? No preseason, injuries all throughout the regular season, adding pieces like JR Smith who haven't played NBA basketball in a year, having a PG who's essentially a rookie, meshing two stars who haven't had much playing time together, it takes TIME!

Look at the best teams in the NBA right now. Chicago, OKC, San Antonio, all very talented teams BUT all of those teams have been playing together for years! All of those teams cores have been together for at least 3-4 years each! And you guys are mad that a team you really put together like 3 weeks ago isn't dominating the league??!! What the **** is wrong with you?!?! You impatient ****s!!!! You know Sonics fans in Seattle who are stuck with just a WNBA team would kill to watch the Hornets run their season into the ground right now? Let alone watch a championship level team develop?!? Have some ****ing patience!!! Calm the **** down!!!!!!

i dont agree with anything except Mike D being fired

KingofNy

Starter
its because no one wants to admit mike sucks so they passive aggressively make excuses for him. I saw this on another board but its true.

Fire Dantoni.

also Chicago had to get a new coach before they became the powerhouse they are now.

Nice repost... It's spot on. +100000000000!

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player

Fire Dantoni.

Exactly I'd say prob like 75% of the issues is the coach, his lack of leadership, accountability, system that does not mesh with the personnel, I don't feel like anyone but Lin even respects him on the team, he's terrible at drawing up plays and making in game adjustments he just sucks.

It's easier for ppl to blame the players on the court because they can see Melo is missing, or Amare, or Lin. But when you really watch and analyze the game and break down the situations this coach puts them in it's not conducive to who most of these guys are. He needs to go and everyone in NY should be praying to every deity that Phil Jackson or something comes in.

Kiyaman

Legend
Real Talk!

Fire Dantoni.

:beer::agreed::beer:

Do anyone recall all the assss-whippins Spurs coach Pop used to put on Dantoni in Phoenix....then Phoenix coach Gentry sweeps the Spurs coach Pop, with Stat in his final season in Phoenix....do u really think Stat wants coach Dantoni as the Knicks headcoach vs Miami coach Spoe big-3, or vs Chicago defensive coach Thibs MVP Rose in the postseason? HELL NO!

Yeah, I could put up alot of video's from early season to late season of Stat's & Melo lazy defensive effort of letting every PnR go by to score when we had PG-TD, or PG-Bibby, and now PG-Lin on the court. Since the beginning of the season the two superstars refuse to switch on a screen set for TD, Bibby, or Lin....I dont criticize Stat or Melo b/c since the start of the season Dantoni has never stopped the game by calling a time-out or yank Stat or Melo out of the game each time they pulled that stunt on the defensive-end.

In December/January Knicks analyst steadily blamed PG-TD for every negative thing about the Knicks performance....now after the 5 game losing streak Knicks analyst are steady saying the Knicks are 2-7 with the return of Melo. And to listen to Boomer "Dantoni is a GOD"...

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
There are no better Fair weather fans than Knicks fans. I've been a fan since 83 and I've never seen more smart fans act and talk so stupidly. I remember fans basically booed Mark Jackson out of new york. He went on to become one of the best assit men in the history of the league. Management never got Ewing a co-star while in his prime. But fans shitted on Pat. So the knicks get 2 superstars and now its eff them, they are cancers, blah blah blah... shut the fck up. You guys can over-analyze all you want. The fact is, and I am sure of it, if there was a good coach, sitting on that bench, the Knicks would have flourished already. Lin came on had a couple of weeks of inspired play and thats the only reason people are forgetting how crappy a job damntoni has done. The guy should have been fired already. Carmelo, Amare Lin and Chandler are more than good enough to go far into the playoffs. but that won't happen with the current coach.

mafra

Legend
Why is everyone afraid to play CHI or MIA in the first round? I'm not. Get those teams early before they start to gain post season momentum. Don't allow them to get their playoff legs underneath them.

I do know we'll be in one of the first 2 road games. Game 1 or 2. We'll have a chance to win late in the 4th, and it'll come down to execution.

Get a split and come back to NY. Find a way to split one of the 2 home games. Get to a game 5 tied at 2 or something.

Just as we'll live/die by the 3, maybe it happens in a Game 5 or 7, we just are lights out that day and are raining 3s? Who knows.

BUt, not like waxing INDY in the 1st round will bettter prepare us for the big boys.

The real concern is that now MIL is a legit threat. They dealt for Ellis. Gulp. We may not even make it as the 8th seed.

lookgrabpull

Benchwarmer
The guy should have been fired already. Carmelo, Amare Lin and Chandler are more than good enough to go far into the playoffs. but that won't happen with the current coach.

agreed. I too think Dantoni is a very limited coach and I'd rather have someone who is a better strategist when it comes to running the game (other than just running and gunning). But you can't put it all on coach, when Amare boxes out his own teammate or carmelo doesn't get back on D and grab boards.

It's the whole package - it's crap right now. It's obvious the coach and the players dont gel, be it for personal or professional reasons. FO has to make a choice, and stick with it. But Im getting the feeling that dolan has already given up on this season, and he's waiting for the summer.

It's frustrating because I was waiting for this season, and I thought we'd be awesome, and it just blew in our faces. I'm tired of waiting for the next one.

iJoe

Rotation player
Its interesting because it doesn't seem like there is much needed to make the Knicks win. We are in it almost every single game.... there are only 2 major issues.

Biggest one being REBOUNDING. When the other team gets so many second chances, it blows the wind out of fragile mental players like Amare and Melo. Their body language completely changes after the other team grabs a few offensive boards. Its sad since Amare especially has a lot to do with that blame. Seriously.... if he just rebounded and boxed out we'd have one more than half of our losses.

Second is turnovers. Again... the mental state of our players deteriorates when we keep turning the ball over. Thats more of a chemistry thing which I hope will improve once we start REBOUNDING more!

God damn it STAT ****ing pay Kevin Love a few million dollars or watch all his tape and learn how to ****ing rebound. We don't really have anyone strong on the glass besides Tyson on the bench.... gonna be rough...

The talent is there but the adjustments during the game isn't. We would have won many of the games we lost if some tweeking was done.

D'Ants record as the Knicks head coach 121-167...the cat has been out the bag for a while now.