Would you trade Carmelo?

NYKnicks15

Starter
It's been a while since I've posted on here but I couldn't help after watching this seasons ups and downs. I'm not one who doesn't recognize the fact that lack of chemistry and healthy playing time with a mix of basically rookie pg and pieces that keep getting played and added is not hurting us. It is.

I understand how many of you wish Amare was the one to go and it makes sense for multiple reasons but we wont get anything for him.. and in a league so short on big men maybe its not the best option..

Carmelo is still a valuable trade piece.. and although being my favorite current NBA player we might need to take offers. I'm not saying blow up the team nor am I ignoring all the stuff I mentioned first.. but I just have this gut feeling as many of you probably have that Carmelo just doesn't fit. He's clutch, he can score, he isn't causing trouble but winning is what's most important. and we're not doing so.

So if it was possible to send Carmelo Anthony to Atlanta for Josh Smith would you do it? Marvin Williams large contract would probably have to be involved as well as a piece like Toney Douglas to balance it out.

The Cavs are interested in Marvin still so a three way trade would still be possible and Josh Smith wants out of Atlanta.. They are unwilling to trade him but if you have the chance to get Carmelo back it might be interesting for them.. and I think in the end it would be great for us.

kinein

Benchwarmer
No I wouldn't - this squad hasn't had a real off season training program or practice time to gel and have chemistry.

The guy needs time to work on his game - injuries and lock-out season. I refuse to argue for a trade.

We've seen a lot of potential and they do have the nicest roster on paper. Have some whiskey with that frustration.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Yes, if the Knicks keep him, he will be averaging 18 points, and 6 rebounds on 41% shooting next year.

Number3

Benchwarmer
we can build around him... who we need to trade is Stat for a defensive strong foward.... look at the lakers with Kobe... we need someone that can create their own shot in clutchminutes....but the difference is that other players just stand their and look at him when they should move and get open so he doesnt have to take a tough shot

Number3

Benchwarmer
you have to be dumb.. to think Stat is going to win us games in clutch minutes lmaooo think again

kinein

Benchwarmer
Better yet Carmelo and Stat need to be locked into a video lecture where coaches show them what defense looks like from other teams. Then shows them a good 30-40 hours of how THEY play defense. When they think no one is looking.

Forrest17

Rotation player
Yeap. I would see if I could get Paul Gasol for him, Lakers are desperate they might do it.. And I would get whatever I can for stat. Blow it up this team is going no where as it is, we played better with Lin and Jared Freaking Jefferies starting so its like like we have much to loose. Our record is terrible and because we are going no where currently.

diddy_nyc

Rookie
I'd trade Stat before trading up for Melo. Stats knees and his lucrative contract are worrisome for me.when they want to, melo plays better defense. He played extremely well during the during playoffs last year.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I would trade the guy completely unaware of the fact that he's blocking his teammate from the wide open lane, and the free runner behind him:

photo-11.jpg

Enough is enough.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
hell no. he's a prolific scorer who's adjusting to a de facto rookie PG and a PG who came off back surgery and hasn't been anything special in a few years. it's gonna take time. all those cute wins we had with our bench players will go out the window come playoff time...you NEED guys like melo if u wanna hang around with the celtics, magic, bulls, and heat

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Why do we need them? So we can stay under .500 for longer?

we're not gonna win ANYTHING with our bench players. best off working through the slumps and hopefully finding the light. we can win some exhibition games with bill walker/steve novak starting at SF and Jeffries or whoever starting at PF, but we wont win a game in the playoffs. Stat's production last year is still a factor in the knicks front office's heads and i dont think theyll give up after 1 subpar season, and melo? yeah lets trade a prolific scorer whos trying to adjust to this offense

cheapandcheerful

Benchwarmer
Trade melo away is not going to solve anything.. how about focus on improving D first before any trade talks. . lucky Knicks have Chandler this season otherwise .... smh

Last edited:

gaknickfan

Benchwarmer
i think before we trade anyone WE NEED A REAL COACH!!...who runs set plays ...not let players run around like chickens with out heads ....a coach who holds players accountable on defence ......wait a coach who thinks defence first would be nice.....WHEN AND IF THAT HAPPENS AND THESE PLAYERS DONT BUY INTO WHAT THAT COACH IS SELLING .......THEN START SHIPPING THERE A$$ OUT OF HERE!!! we can be 18-23 with a bunch of no names .... ok thanks end of rant!!!