Would you trade Carmelo?

nyk_nyk

All Star
I would say anyone who says "we don't run plays" is as ignorant as they come. It's quite evident to anyone who actually watches basketball can see we are running plays all the time. Just because you cannot recognoze it does not mean it isn't happening.

So let's see. Someone who follows a player's career by actually watching him play, predicts a team's failures, and then those failures come true is simply hating? The Knicks record is worse with him and better without him. 26-37 with and 43-34 without. How is that hate? Those are facts. Cannot be denied.

When I go on Nuggets' boards or talk to Nuggets' fans and tell them Gallo will never be a superstar, that he may only be an all-star and never a team you build a franchise around, would you call that ignorant hate or an educated opinion?

I agree, that's why I never say such things. :boohoo:

This team is failing for a number of reasons. Remember a guy named Toney Douglas who couldn't play PG if his life depended on it??? Tyson improved the teams defense but we still don't implement a true defensive gameplan on a regular basis. Guys are always getting season or career highs against the Knicks. In game coaching awareness is often terrible. Too many 3s... etc

Bottom line, there plenty of reasons besides 1 player for the failures for the team.

theGOAT33

Rookie
Fact-Carmelo Anthony has only been passed the first round of the playoffs once, in his NBA career.

Fact-Carmelo Anthony is a playoff choke artist. I'm not even going to go into his archive of playoff series where he shot 36% and got swept in the first round.

Fact-Carmelo Anthony is playing worse than he did in his rookie season.

Fact-Carmelo Anthony is out of shape and will not help this team win games unless he loses weight and reduces his field goal attempts from 18 to 12 per game.

Fact-Antoni sucks as a coach.

Fact-The Knicks can get a lot of value for Carmelo Anthony, because he's a perennial All Star and leads the Knicks in scoring.

Trade JELLO, get some Royal Jelly.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Actually, we should steal the Nets plan before they complete it and become possibly the best team in the east.

Trade Melo to NJ for DWill + Morrow.

Trade Amare + Chandler + Shumpert to Orlando for Howard + Turk + Anderson.

PG-DWill
SG-Morrow
SF-Turk
PF-Anderson
C-Howard

w/ Lin, Fields, Novac, Jorts and Jeffries off the bench (which plays very well together as a 2nd unit)

Goddamn! We would be serious contenders with that roster.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
I refuse to trade anyone until I see what this team looks like under a different coach first. Why not loet someone else get a crack at it? We can all agree that on paper this team should be somewhat dominant.

Thank you.

Give me a coach that will hold every1 accountable and watch how we jump up the east.

Last edited:
Fact-Carmelo Anthony has only been passed the first round of the playoffs once, in his NBA career.

Fact-Carmelo Anthony is a playoff choke artist. I'm not even going to go into his archive of playoff series where he shot 36% and got swept in the first round.

Fact-Carmelo Anthony is playing worse than he did in his rookie season.

Fact-Carmelo Anthony is out of shape and will not help this team win games unless he loses weight and reduces his field goal attempts from 18 to 12 per game.

Fact-Antoni sucks as a coach.

Fact-The Knicks can get a lot of value for Carmelo Anthony, because he's a perennial All Star and leads the Knicks in scoring.

Trade JELLO, get some Royal Jelly.

from what i have seen, i agree with everything you write apart from this.