The Official "Damn Knicks..." thread

nyk_nyk

All Star
Stephen A Smith is on the rado screaming his head off right now lol. He's pisssssed.

He said there is no reason you shouldn't at least be a .500 team with a career 25ppg and 20ppg guy on your team. I think he's about to go all in on Antoni.

red32

Benchwarmer
Stephen A Smith is on the rado screaming his head off right now lol. He's pisssssed.

He said there is no reason you shouldn't at least be a .500 team with a career 25ppg and 20ppg guy on your team. I think he's about to go all in on Antoni.

Someone should just shut Stephen A up.

kinein

Benchwarmer
They suck on Defense

When problem solving you always should try getting to the root of the issue, we have been having the same issue long before Melo arrived and now his stats are even tanking. We need new leadership b4 we go for new players. Why should we try out everyone in the NBA to play here before removing one person who was never been good in the NBA?

During (Jeremy Lin’s first) eight games, against that same weak schedule and with the same depleted roster, New York allowed 93.7 points per 100 possessions. That would be the stingiest mark in the league over the full season. In simple terms: The Knicks’ defense was the driving force of their success during Lin’s emergence…

The defense has allowed 99.6 points per 100 possessions since Carmelo’s return, a better-than-average mark that nonetheless constitutes a major drop-off from the stingy number (93.7) that they allowed with Lin/without Anthony. In the long run, it’s probably a good sign, or at least not a bad one, that New York has been slightly better than average on defense in a relatively tough six-game stretch while re-integrating two subpar defenders in Anthony and Stoudemire.

http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2012/03/07/knicks-face-huge-challenge-on-offense/

Sports Illustrated Analysis.

------------------------

The Knicks are indeed pretty bad with the Lin/Anthony pairing on the floor, according to NBA.com. New York has averaged 97.9 points per 100 possessions with Lin and Anthony together and allowed 102.4, both worse than its season averages. (Note: NBA.com uses a slightly different formula than Hoopdata to calculate the number of possessions in game, leading to lower points-per-possessions numbers. New York’s season average is 98.3 by this scale, so the Anthony/Lin mark of 97.9 is fairly close to that average.)

With Lin and without Anthony, New York’s scoring jumps way up to 105 points per 100 possessions. That’s a bad sign.

Sports Illustrated - NBA.com

The Knicks are scoring an off-the-charts 116.9 points per 100 possessions with Lin and Novak on the floor together, and the only Lin lineups that have logged a decent chunk of minutes together and scored at an above-average rate all include Novak. Having an elite long-range shooter at power forward (or small forward, when two big men are in the game) obviously opens up the middle of floor more when New York runs the pick-and-roll. Anthony is a below-average three-point shooter for his career, and Stoudemire’s mid-range game has suffered this season. Both prefer receiving the ball near the elbows or on the wings, places from which it is easier for their defenders to sag down and clog the lane. This is why you often see one of them stationed in one of the corners on Lin/Chandler pick-and-roll plays.

Sports Illustrated

116 should be good enough to beat anyone - as long as we can play defense.

Our defense has CLICKED before this season - but it has NEVER clicked with Amare and Carmelo both on the floor since earlier in the season when Carmelo made the "Commitment to DEFENSE".

I'm not demanding the "STARS" be traded or benched. I'm demanding they actually put better effort into their own personal D, Rebounding, Communication. and Effort. Effort. Effort.

AmareMelo.gif

This doesn't look like effort or leadership when all they have to do is stand-up, clap, cheer for their teammates all 4th quarter when the guys on the floor are making a push to come-back.

They are looking ANYWHERE but at their teammates hustling and bustling.

The gap easily could have closed to tie or within 2-3 pts - during this period but JR Smith missed some easy shots on his drives.

* I'm convinced that Carmelo - CAN - play defense. But he takes breaks a lot or doesn't put in enough effort CONSISTENTLY. He gets caught slacking intermittently throughout his play ---- this leads to Fouling because he slacks off on defense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYoZrBC9WjE

And Carmelo speaks on Defense..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Tm2PDE_yww
* notice how he is in better shape and looks less squishy.
* I am aware that in this lock-out season and all his injuries and the fact he didnt stay in shape during the lock-out ~ his overall athletic level and body has taken serious hits. Hopefully between this season and next he can train hard and get back into top Melo form.

Last edited:

kinein

Benchwarmer
Kenny Smith talking with Stephen A Smith right now on ESPN radio right now.

" We need Carmelo Anthony from Syracuse and 1st 3 years "

" We need Carmelo 15lbs lighter "

" We need Carmelo - that used to decide within the first 3 seconds, (not the one that is thinking about what he is going to do for 10-15 seconds)"

" Carmelo used to be considered possibly better than Lebron "

" Amare and Carmelo want to be in D'antoni's system, what player wouldn't want a system that guarantees more touches in 20 minutes than 45 minutes "

Stephen A Smith - Subbing in on the Michael Kay Show. 3/12/2012 - afternoon. 3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Their conversation is around 345pm - 430pm. (times are eastern.. for non East Coast Listeners like me)

Last edited:

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★

Dam i missed it what he say, Stephen a smith is a funny a$$ dude

kinein

Benchwarmer
He's ripping into Mark Sanchez again. Lol. This is awesome.

Did it occur to y'all that Mark Sanchez needs to be pushed.

Did it ever occur to you

He needs to be held accountable.

If you stink up the joint I can bench you!

Thats all I'm asking

Nobody says he needs to be cut or thrown to the wolves

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I'm replaying it now, and SAS says "forget about Phil, bring Van Gundy back!" :D

I'm laughing my ass off, dude is all over MDA. :lol:

Dude from Brooklyn calling ESPN is almost crying after SAS' monolog. :teeth:

smokes

Huge Member
* I'm convinced that Carmelo - CAN - play defense. But he takes breaks a lot or doesn't put in enough effort CONSISTENTLY. He gets caught slacking intermittently throughout his play ---- this leads to Fouling because he slacks off on defense.

The only time Melo ever plays defense is when he is/is afraid of, getting torched by his opposing number. He often plays retaliation defense which leads to bad fouls and bad shots by him trying to get one over the guy who he's guarding.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
"cant go left, has trouble when you trap him in pick & roll situations and when you get all up in his draws.. he wets the bed". :teeth::teeth: Stephen A smith is G.O.A.T lol

GoKnicks!

Benchwarmer
Carmelo is overweight, not as athletic. He's gotta cut down on the fried chicken and watermelon soda and get a better diet if the knicks are to win.