Remember All Those Worrying About Melo/Stat Returning Would Mess Up Chemistry?

Rioferd

Benchwarmer
I agree. Watching that 7 game Lin streak was the most fun i've had watching the Knicks in over a decade and that is dead now. I don't even care I just don't want Melo here. I just don't like his game, even when its effective, which its not. He never really showed his game made teams all that much better anyway. Id say the time they went to the conference championships was more to do with Billups leadership than anything. If he was at a lower contract and we had someone else like Billups that could take over in clutch situations then I'd be fine with melo. But we don't. Melo's ego will never allow a guy like Lin to take over games at the end instead of him.

I don't like melo's attitude as much as the next. But can't blame him for everything. Some of it has to go to Stat and MDA too.

Whats obvious is our two superstars lacking ALOT of effort on a nightly basis but expect/demand the ball for 20+ shots whilst only hitting a low percentage of them. Melo especially with his outside shots and bad shot selection just kills the offense.

Stat with his disappearing act on the boards and on the defensive end. MDA with his inability to coach anything resembling defence and reducing our offense to one on one basketball.

kinein

Benchwarmer
Yes, but last game we lost because of something else, and the game before something else, and then Melo was shooting like crap and then STAT couldn't hit the side of a barn door and then Lin turned it over too much and then we lacked Tyson and then Jeffries and before all of that it was because we had no point guard.

There's enough excuses to fill a warehouse with this team, but never have I seen such apathetic coaching go by unchallenged. I think anyone in any sport with this kind of record vs talent would be getting fired and MDA's time is over. Simple.

The Knicks without Melo and Amare - average 90 pts allowed and scored 9+ pts then they do with Melo and Amare.
* Its a lot of things true but I'll summarize it - and recommend you do what I did and obtain recordings of the last 15 games -re-watch them all and analyze : hustle, defense, rebounding, energy, oh and hustle. Melo and Amare are making 38$ million this year - they are secured with a lot more money over the next few years - and now that they've been outed, the knicks won't be able to trade them away. 1-dimensional players at an over-paid price. No one wants them. Though if you put Jeremy Lin on the market, he's insta-gone.

Leadership and accountability. I think the Coach and team needs to make Chandler and Lin the leaders - I think those two have the best combination of maturity, heart, and work-ethic.

How do you coach a player that doesn't even join the team huddles for coaching?

Anthony appeared frustrated when the period ended and sat on the bench, rather than join the huddle.

"I do that every game," he said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...udemire-combo-article-1.1037832#ixzz1p2GOB9Lj

Last edited:

iSaYughh

Starter
^ This is symptomatic of what's wrong with the culture of the NBA, too.

D'antoni neither can nor has any inclination to go about changing that as one man.

When a coach beefs hard with a star two things almost always happen:

tensions increase
the beef between player and team/city grows
player is traded

Let's just be real, in the NHL the behavior of Amare/Melo wouldn't happen, on any level.

If it did, they would be told to sit their lazy ****ing asses down....by some combo of coach or OTHER players on team.

And that would happen if they dogged but *one* play/rebound.