Too many Carmelo threads

metrocard

Legend
Can we just merge all the thread related to Melo or all the threads related to D'Antoni into one?

Sticky an "Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread" or a "Mike D'Antoni" discussion thread. Just do this for Lin, Chandler, Amare, Fields, etc. Any thoughts you got on those can be shared on those threads. This what I requested from a while ago, just would look like to see some order in the forum.

People are turning replies into threads and its making the forum look psychotic .

Just a suggestion.

fender0577

Rotation player
Can we just merge all the thread related to Melo or all the threads related to D'Antoni into one?

Sticky an "Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread" or a "Mike D'Antoni" discussion thread. Just do this for Lin, Chandler, Amare, Fields, etc. Any thoughts you got on those can be shared on those threads. This what I requested from a while ago, just would look like to see some order in the forum.

People are turning replies into threads and its making the forum look psychotic .

Just a suggestion.
:agreed::agreed::agreed:

iSaYughh

Starter
Co-Sign.

Need to get RJ to read this and respond.

Forum is looking as hormonal and bitchy as a preggo woman these days w/ these thread outbursts.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Unfortunately I haven't had my laptop since Thursday so I can only get on here on my phone and school. Having no internet makes me weak and it sent him into a spiral of depression. Once I get my laptop back from getting a free tune-up (or telling them to give me it back because I can't take it anymore) I'll keep things in better order.

smokes

Huge Member
The problem is deciding what deserves its own thread. Obviously when breaking news happens you don't wanna have to hunt through a 50 page thread trying to find the latest info.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
The problem is deciding what deserves its own thread. Obviously when breaking news happens you don't wanna have to hunt through a 50 page thread trying to find the latest info.
Oh yeah definitely. I might not even merge the Melo threads unless I see identical ones since things might cool off with the D'Antoni/new head coach thing.

kinein

Benchwarmer
I'm happy that this team has finally got to the other side of this maturation process. Two words have been key in my commentary - Leadership & Accountability.

I thought Carmelo showed leadership by moving the ball, passing, hustling and rebounding.

I'm glad he asked Coach Woodson to hold him accountable.

I have hoped that he would address deficiencies I've noted over the last brutal stretch and now the Knicks are back to being a top threat in the playoffs.

This team seems to have bought in to the basics. Now its the recovery period from the shock of losing a coach they admired and respected.

Most of the team really respected and cared about D'antoni and its tough to see it impacting some of them. The win helps the transition. Huge momentum to start. What a way to set the tone for a team starting to click.

metrocard

Legend
I'm happy that this team has finally got to the other side of this maturation process. Two words have been key in my commentary - Leadership & Accountability.

I thought Carmelo showed leadership by moving the ball, passing, hustling and rebounding.

I'm glad he asked Coach Woodson to hold him accountable.

I have hoped that he would address deficiencies I've noted over the last brutal stretch and now the Knicks are back to being a top threat in the playoffs.

This team seems to have bought in to the basics. Now its the recovery period from the shock of losing a coach they admired and respected.

Most of the team really respected and cared about D'antoni and its tough to see it impacting some of them. The win helps the transition. Huge momentum to start. What a way to set the tone for a team starting to click.

If Melo can give us 5 assist a night, 7 + rebounds, solid defense and just 18-20 ppg...I'd be fine with him being an all around player rather than a one dimensional score only player.

Melo's scoring isn't needed that deeply, Shumpert, Smith, Novak, Lin, Stoudimire can all score, and Chandler and Fields are average...Melo's versatility can make such a difference.

Benchwarmer
Please don't get me wrong. I'm very glad that the Knicks won last
night. And, that's the bottom line. However, I have to admit that
I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Lin (Okay, that's the
woman in me speaking! hee-hee-hee)

I realize that Carmelo had a good game last night, but his turn around
left me kind of suspicious. It is my belief that he has been (either
unconsciously or purposely) withholding because of his lack of respect
for D'Antoni, or knowing that the D'Antoni never wanted him in the
first place from what I've read. And/or, Carmelo's feeling of jealousy for Lin.

AND, I admit that none of this will matter if the Knicks continue to win
games. BUT.......if my speculation IS justified, which I will never know, I can never respect Anthony.