GT: New York Knicks vs Portland Trail Blazers

Sage

Rotation player
I know the Blazers are sucking but we still held them to 29 points in a half. You can't do that by playing awful defense.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I said this in an other thread, I bitched about Carmelo because he was underachieving in D'Antoni's system but if he'll thrive under Woody I'll STFU. Isn't it logical that you're complaining about a player because he's playing awful and you STFU on him when he starts playing better? Folks weren't tough on Carmelo because he's Carmelo, but becuase he was not playing as he was supposed to.

Fair enough. :beer:

Kiyaman

Legend
Hot Damn!
No flaws in our substitution tonight.....for those who didnt know the "Lin-Sanity" time was all about effort & energy on the defensive-end....we didnt care how many turnovers Lin made because we were making twice as many STOPS then our oponents with Tyson/Jefferies/Novak/Shump/Walker/Fields/and Lin-Sanity

Rob Low

Rotation player
All the people that were making asinine remarks like Melo is not a top 15 player are gonna be eating crow by the end of this season. Melo is a top 5 player in this league and you'll all realize that soon enough.

smokes

Huge Member
Whats gonna be real interesting is to see how Woodson coaches when the team is more in sync with his coaching style and we're in close games. As we can see tonight MDA's influence has some positives, the team runs the floor very well even STAT and Tyson run the floor like beasts.

I'd like to see us playing like this when the game allows us to, it would suck if we descended into ISO play all the time.

Rioferd

Benchwarmer
As long as Melo and Stat play defence theres nothing to hate.

Its when melo starts pouting and demanding shit while playing bad defence that annoys the crowd.

So impressed with our second unit though. Jeffries, Novak and Bdiddy have been great today.

smokes

Huge Member
All the people that were making asinine remarks like Melo is not a top 15 player are gonna be eating crow by the end of this season. Melo is a top 5 player in this league and you'll all realize that soon enough.

He's nowhere near a top 5 player until he plays defense every game. Not hatin' just sayin'.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I stand corrected about my comment in the "other" thread.

THIS must be what it's like to dig up inside of Missy Peregrym.

Loving this right now.

Wargames

Starter
111189425016420624481331761994xWEJMe4Sl0hJsSP8c4xq.JPG

I am just saying though. Blazers are a bad team but this is how your suppose to beat bad teams.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Great half. I actually saw STAT post up. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...

Yep, he's showing some signs out there.

I hope that he proves me wrong about everything I had to say about him.

This is basketball...not that space, stand around, PnR bullshit.

The 'Blazers are weak, so you rip out the throat and be done. Not let them hang around like we did in games past.

NYK :gony:

kinein

Benchwarmer
Davis has to get the bulk of the minutes, Lin needs more time to develop and Davis deserves the starting PG spot that he thought he had coming into the season.

Have you ever come back from a serious injury, or a serious operation?

Baron Davis hadn't played in 10 months. What makes you think it would be good for his long-term health to give him the bulk of the minutes.