CARMELO WANTS OUT (Looking to be traded)

mafra

Legend
That was quick, huh? NYC busted Camarshmello already? Some boos and he's out? He is crying b/c coach & owner won't listen or heed his advice. Is plotting his exit already.

If this is true... THE TRADE HIM TODAY!

------------------
(From Rotoworld)

The New York Post reported Wednesday that Carmelo Anthony would prefer to be traded in advance of the deadline.

Here it comes, and depending on how much you value the sources here it's an interesting read, for whatever it's worth. This comes on the heels of a report from CAA-aligned Chris Broussard that Mike D'Antoni has "lost the team," and we're expecting a full-on media blitz by Anthony's people to frame the Knicks' struggles as anything but his fault. As for the issue of taking on Anthony, there aren't a lot of teams that will be able to handle such a Titanic move before Thursday's deadline. For now we're filing this in the 'need to hear much more' file before giving the rumor any credence.

----------------------------

Source: Anthony, at odds with D’Antoni, plots Knicks exit

NY Post - By MARC BERMAN

Carmelo Anthony’s discontent with the Knicks organization became so severe after Monday night’s loss to the Bulls, he told a confidant he preferred to be traded before Thursday’s trade deadline, The Post has learned.

According to a person familiar with his thinking, Anthony’s disillusionment stems most from a belief coach Mike D’Antoni and interim GM Glen Grunwald do not trust him. He is surprised that after all the Knicks gave up to trade for him, he has not been asked for more input on personnel decisions, as Deron Williams has with the Nets.

“The organization makes believe his opinions don’t matter,’’ the source said.

However, Tuesday night, a source said Anthony and D’Antoni spoke in an attempt to reconcile their differences and made headway. On Monday night, Anthony only wanted to remain a Knick if he had assurances D’Antoni wouldn’t be back next season.

However, Anthony will not make a formal trade request.

As The Post reported Tuesday, Anthony was told after the Knicks were swept out of the playoffs by the Celtics last April that D’Antoni would not return for this season.

But now Anthony does not believe a decision on D’Antoni’s future is coming soon because D’Antoni and Grunwald, according to the source, are “like a couple.’’

Anthony was unavailable for comment Tuesday as the Knicks did not practice. It is against NBA rules to publicly state a desire to be traded.

According to the source, Grunwald has had just one conversation with Anthony since he became GM. And D’Antoni rarely talks to Anthony after games, especially since Anthony’s return from a groin injury. The Knicks have lost 8 of 10 games since then to fall to 18-24 and out of playoff position.

Anthony is not close to owner James Dolan the way Amar’e Stoudemire is. The source said Anthony gets along best with assistant GM Allan Houston, who eventually could succeed Grunwald.

“He knows Glen doesn’t like him,’’ the source said.

It would seem unlikely — and ill-advised — for the Knicks to pull off a trade for Anthony on such short notice before Thursday’s deadline.

Though Stoudemire lobbied for the Knicks to trade for Anthony, the pair’s friendship has not flourished.

“They’re not as close as people think they are,’’ the source said. “It’s an awkward relationship.’’

Anthony is not jealous of Jeremy Lin’s global fame, according to the source. Lin, the source said, is Anthony’s favorite teammate, and Anthony feels they could be like the Thunder duo of Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook.

According to the source, when Nuggets general manager Masai Ujiri tried to convince Anthony to stay in Denver last season, he repeatedly told Anthony he never would be able to handle the New York media. But Anthony believes the media has been the least of his problems and wished there was more feedback from his superiors.

Anthony has endured a poor season, shooting just 40 percent from the field while averaging 21.3 points and has not played well recently on defense.

D’Antoni rarely speaks in the same reverential tones about Anthony as he does about Lin, Stoudemire and Tyson Chandler.

When D’Antoni was asked after Monday’s loss to the Bulls if Anthony looked frustrated, D’Antoni replied, “More than normal, you mean? I don’t know. You’ll have to ask him.’’

Anthony appeared agitated on the court during the game and failed to join the huddle after the third quarter, though he said that is not uncommon. Though Anthony has expressed concern about his role in the offense, many play sets contain Anthony post-ups.

Anthony seemed extremely unhappy after the Knicks’ losing streak reached six games in Chicago.

“It [stinks],’’ Anthony said. “The situation we’re in right now [stinks]. Losing basketball games the way we’ve been losing games at the end of the game [stinks]. It’s not a good feeling right now.’’

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...h_antoni_YjNqpRkBHjhTuavBXv5IhJ#ixzz1p5tVO2Z4

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
I think all are to blame here: Dolan, Grunwald, D'antoni & Carmelo.

I think a decision has to be made by Dolan. It's too bad we can't cut the owner. Since we're stuck w/ him, then he must make a move.

Either trade Carmelo or fire both the GM & HC.

I would work HARD, b/c MIL just dealt for M-Ellis, and will be tough to best for the 8th seed now.

Gasol turns 32 in July. Carmelo turns 28 in May. Therefore a simple swap wont work. I would do it for Bynum straight up... easily! But would Gasol & 2 first round picks work?

What about Kevin Martin & Scola for Carmelo?

Carmelo for Rudy Gay?

Carmelo for Derrick Williams, Beasley & a 1st?

Carmelo & Tyson Chandler for Dwight Howard?

Let's get bold: Banish Carmelo to CHA for Gerald Henderson, and 2 first round picks? Maybe we get that kid from Kentucky in the draft.

Send him to NO and get Eric Gordon & picks?

Work out a 3-way deal, and get players & picks?

Decisions to make.

I think Amar'e & Carmelo will not work. Since nobody is taking STAT, then maybe this is our last chance to make a move to improve our near future, before we're stuck with this squad moving fwd for the next 3-5 years.

If Dolan is so wedded to Carmelo, then why don't they chat more? Maybe he isn't so atatched. If he is, then dump Danotni now and see how Carmelo responds. If he doesn't improve his play and attitude, then deal him before draft after the season.

mafra

Legend
This is no longer a player problem, a coaching problem, a GM problem. These are James Dolan’s Knicks. This is a Knicks problem. And the owner must make a fundamental choice right now: Whom is he going to stand behind?
The player?
Or the coach?
Clearly, this isn’t working. We can agree on that, right? Look, it kills me to say it because I’ve seen Melo at his best, the way he can work and play with teammates when he wants to. Saw it at Syracuse. Saw it in Beijing. Expected him to be willing to do his part in the emergence of Lin and the new Knicks.
Hasn’t happened. Won’t happen. Melo tried to shoulder a little last week in Dallas and San Antonio, said he was slow to adjusting, but the last two scowl-filled losses to Philadelphia and Chicago indicate he sees himself less villain than victim of a world whose plates shifted permanently while he was tending to a groin injury.
Do you trade him? At this point, that’s ridiculous on two fronts: You are suddenly facing a trade deadline with zero leverage, and swapping him for 40 cents on the dollar is lunacy.
The fact is Anthony’s body of work still trends toward him being a top-10 player. And top-10 players don’t show up on your roster every day.
No. Unless Dolan plays the unlikely diplomat and arranges an air-cleaning sit-down, it’s D’Antoni who will have to be sacrificed, and the first instinct for many — even the swollen number of D’Antoni critics — will be outrage. A player big-footing his boss? Who can tolerate that? Look at what the Jazz did to Deron Williams.
Well, the Lakers managed when Magic Johnson booted Paul Westhead. You hardly ever see that on Magic’s permanent record, because he won four titles after he sold out his coach. You can survive.
But it means dealing with an ugly backlash, and hoping Anthony has the stomach for being reviled until he proves himself worthy of a second chance. Neither choice is terribly appetizing, but neither is the product the Knicks present now.
Tough times. Tough choice. Dolan wanted a star-studded team to be able to fill the Garden’s seats and its coffers. He’s gotten that.
Anthony was the star he wanted. Stars can be divas. Divas can be difficult. And sometimes, they need to be indulged.
It isn’t a pretty decision, but then big decisions never were meant to be.

-Mike Vaccaro (NY Post)

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...gle_mess_myXf8atSSINNJAAK5jNuaO#ixzz1p5zMJ358

LeFlume

All Star
He is gonna end up with one of our rivals and he will torture us on the scoreboard for years to come. :boohoo:

tiger0330

Legend
I doubt he gets traded before the deadline unless Grunwald has been working on a deal behind the scenes.

If Melo keeps squawking though, he's gone in the off-season, lets see what his body language on court looks like the rest of the season. Does he lay down or does he bring it every game on both ends?

Still mind blowing to me that a player of his stature can't adjust to any offensive system but he does not fit D'Antoni's system.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I don't know if it's true and I believe it isn't, but when NY media pick it up... I swear I don't want to stand in Lamelo's shoes.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
fck the Post... they are the worst when it comes to basketball news and insight. they have crap sources and this is a bullsht story. Melo will remain a Knick, and thats that. He will lead the Knicks to the playoffs along with he rest of the team despite having one of the worst coaches in the game.

mafra

Legend
fck the Post... they are the worst when it comes to basketball news and insight. they have crap sources and this is a bullsht story. Melo will remain a Knick, and thats that. He will lead the Knicks to the playoffs along with he rest of the team despite having one of the worst coaches in the game.

I do think Phil Jax & Carmelo would be an ideal match. In other words, if we deal Anthony then I doubt Phil Jax even considers returning to NYK.

Still, maybe he wouldn't want Anthony. After all, MJ & KOBE both play hard on both ends of the court. Would Carmelo do the same for Phil? Maybe.

I wouldn't give Carmelo away, nor would I jump out of my seat & shout "TRADE HIM." But my main concern is: even if we dump Danotni... I still don't see Carmelo-Amar'e duo working out. And, I don't think Carmelo helps amplify the play of players like Fields & Novak.

We might have gotten Anthony back, but it came at the price of losing a SG. We were getting GREAT play from Novak-Fields.

Anyway, something must be done.

zshopa

Benchwarmer

what world do you live in? if we keep going like this there isnt going to be a playoffs, milwakee just picked up monta ellis for bogut who wasnt even playing!

they already embarrased NY twice this year, with monta forget it.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
what world do you live in? if we keep going like this there isnt going to be a playoffs, milwakee just picked up monta ellis for bogut who wasnt even playing!

they already embarrased NY twice this year, with monta forget it.

Another Fair Weather Knick fan. go root for the nets

CalBunny

Rookie

Melo will lead the Knicks to the playoff? hahahahahahaha

I think god is listening to our prayers!!!
Please trade this garbage name Carmelo for ANYTHING. Chanler and Lin will lead the knicks to the playoff!!

iSaYughh

Starter
How about:

STAT and Chandler for Howard.

Melo for Josh Smith & Marvin Williams.

Melo for Jsmoove straight I'd honestly do.

It makes trading any trade of STAT/Chandler more appetizing, too.

Yo if there is any validity to this....Carmelo Anthony should be the most reviled NYK in our history. Curry wouldn't have shit on this dick.

LeFlume

All Star
Melo will lead the Knicks to the playoff? hahahahahahaha

I think god is listening to our prayers!!!
Please trade this garbage name Carmelo for ANYTHING. Chanler and Lin will lead the knicks to the playoff!!

Wake up from your Lin-coma and let go of your dick. Lin could get it done against the bottom of the NBA barrel. When our schedule got tough he folded. He is a D-leaguer and he take more shots than our 100M man..It's a joke. :boohoo:

mafra

Legend
Melo for Jsmoove straight I'd honestly do.

It makes trading any trade of STAT/Chandler more appetizing, too.

Yo if there is any validity to this....Carmelo Anthony should be the most reviled NYK in our history. Curry wouldn't have shit on this dick.

That trade is a great idea!

Smith would thrive in D'antoni's system. Smith & Chandler would protect the rim (see Wade & Rose).

Lin-Shumpert-Smith-Amar'e-Chandler

Still would need a shooter to space the floor though. NOvak plus another shooter would work.

iSaYughh

Starter
That trade is a great idea!

Smith would thrive in D'antoni's system. Smith & Chandler would protect the rim (see Wade & Rose).

Lin-Shumpert-Smith-Amar'e-Chandler

Still would need a shooter to space the floor though. NOvak plus another shooter would work.

We'd have extra cap space.

OJ May is a FA. Undervalued.

Would thrive here, as well.

Legit range. Legit starting caliber player; but rose to the challenge of coming off bench effectively, as well.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Wake up from your Lin-coma and let go of your dick. Lin could get it done against the bottom of the NBA barrel. When our schedule got tough he folded. He is a D-leaguer and he take more shots than our 100M man..It's a joke. :boohoo:
Our $400K D-Leaguer led us to a 7 games winning streak including "bottom" Lakers and Mavericks while our $100M "superstar" couldn't guarantee us a win against "top" Bucks, Nets, Raptors, Bobcats, Suns and Cavs... :teeth: