CARMELO WANTS OUT (Looking to be traded)

iSaYughh

Starter
@Al_Iannazzone: Carmelo Anthony refuted a report he wants to be traded and said he supports Mike D'Antoni.

@Al_Ianazzone: I've heard Anthony, who didn't join Knicks' huddle between 3rd and 4th qtrs Mon, walked out of another huddle recently when MDA was talking.

@Al_Ianazzone: Also have heard that the most of the players are not upset with D'Antoni. Players are upset that Anthony isn't buying in.

+1

This would corroborate Amare's quote:

Coach gives a game plan for every game, offensively and defensively. It's on the entire team to commit to it to give the team a chance at success. You see what happens when we don't.

It would also corroborate Lin "freezing" Melo out -- aka, Melo not following the team's game plan and offensive system....ya know, that one that led us on that epic winning streak despite being gutted from a pure talent perspective?

Lol, smh.....

You can say D'antoni should have just put Melo in the doghouse already...but cmon, doesnt he already take flak for that? Plus, if D'antoni didn't keep the peace with Melo, it would just lead to a huge blowup/spectacle and bona fide severance in Melo and NY's relationship.

If you think this is the NHL, and D'antoni could just bench Melo for taking plays off and being a punk....You're being a bit naive.

The consequences would not be like the NHL.

It would simply lead to Melo acting like more of a punk, and his entire "brand" and personal team starting a feud with NYK and NYC.

Shit would get worse. And he would be traded, and not for good value bc of the situation.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
There's so many blanket statements on here. They're not necessarily wrong, but some of them are idealist as all hell.

"A winner gives their all every night."

I can't disagree with that statement...but really? It's one thing if Melo was the only malcontent on the roster for some inexplicable reason. But we know Melo is in a system that he feels is inadequate, plenty of basketball minds that have forgotten more about the game than the collective masses of this forum knows about it (myself included) have said that he doesn't fit this system, it's obvious to anyone who's watched him play in the NBA, that he doesn't fit this system -- but he's being pigeonholed into it anyway.

How come MDA, the one who's responsible for crafting the offense, can't see it, or do something about it?

Yea, ok, so Melo is being paid way too much to let his unhappiness manifest itself in his game and attitude. But the dude can't win.

He plays his role in the offense, he has to take shots from spots where he's not at his most effective; he misses those shots, we hate him.

He breaks the offense to get the ball where he's effective, the team freezes him out; he gets frustrated because he fails in the schemed offense, and can't get the ball where he needs it to be effective and help the team, we hate him.

So yea, he's gonna get a "what the living ****!??!?" type of attitude.

I don't condone it, but what are his options? "Just hit those shots that you're not comfortable with!!!"....?

Who else gets that kind of treatment? How often do you see Dwight having to take perimeter shots and then have the entire fan base in his ass when he misses them? Never?

So why is a primarily paint scorer, being asked to spread the floor, watch, wait, catch and shoot?

nyk_nyk

All Star
I use to hear things like STAT and Melo will never work because they occupy the same space. WHY?

Why are they occupying the same space? Having a post player and a permiter threat should yield positive offensive results right? Well when you have a SF who likes to survey the defense before going into a move, it doesn't work well when your PF is also on the perimeter like a PG or SG and kills any two man game.

This is all redundant at this point but I'm just thinking these things should have been worked out a long time ago.

Note: I realize STAT has no post game AT ALL but then WTF is Herb Williams getting paid to do????

skisloper

Starter
Melo will never be a guy that will give you Lebron type defense, accept that. Melo is a scorer so you use him for what he's worth and nothing more. Who on our team or in the recent past has been to the dance (other than Chandler)? With the right coaching Melo can help us get there. Denver has a better coach...better coaching means more winning, right? A swing at a Knick? are you talking about that punk Marty? I remember that and don't recall anyone running.

Listen, I only like the Knicks because they are the only team repting NY. Over the last decade there has been plenty of players on this team that didn't fit the mode. Melo is by far one of the few greats we had on this team. I'm not one of those guys that will settle for soft weak players and coaches.

Yes after he swung at Collins...Jeffires was so infuriated h went after Melo and Melo ran away........You really do not remember ? Not that it matters...

Melo is an unbelievable offsenive player and yes who we never defend like Lebron or rebound BUT BUT BUT its not becuase he cant its because he chooses not to.....whwnever Melo is jawing at another player back and forth you see melo play harder as if he has something to prove.......A winner does that for the full game....am I wrong ?
I did assume when Melo would come to the Knicks and be under the spotlight that he would elevate his game o a a full effort on defense and rebounding,,,,,,,,,,,,I have been very dissapointed that he does this only when he chooses..........I was hoping for more.....

quiggle

Starter
the reason why the media doesnt get on STAT because hes more coherent in talking then Melo, Melo sounds like he never fully acquired basic grammar.

lookgrabpull

Benchwarmer
I wouldn't give Carmelo away, nor would I jump out of my seat & shout "TRADE HIM." But my main concern is: even if we dump Danotni... I still don't see Carmelo-Amar'e duo working out.

Agreed. I would trade amare and fire MDA, but I don't see it happening.

If it's all true about him not being a team player and messing up team chemistry, then sadly melo has to go. The team comes first.

you're talking about this skisloper? http://youtu.be/RKjvXhc1pLI

I remember him backing up to get some space...then his team mates pulled him away...

IMO,running away is when your back is turned and all you see is ass and elbows. Anyway, it's really a non issue.

I just want Melo and this team to have a fair shot at a chip. But, I think it's clear now that will never happen with this coach in charge. Melo and other players don't realy respect him and it shows. Give us another coach that will use melo and the rest of the guys to their potential and I'm sure they will put more heart into their game. new coach, new feel

skisloper

Starter
you're talking about this skisloper? http://youtu.be/RKjvXhc1pLI

I remember him backing up to get some space...then his team mates pulled him away...

IMO,running away is when your back is turned and all you see is ass and elbows. Anyway, it's really a non issue.

I just want Melo and this team to have a fair shot at a chip. But, I think it's clear now that will never happen with this coach in charge. Melo and other players don't realy respect him and it shows. Give us another coach that will use melo and the rest of the guys to their potential and I'm sure they will put more heart into their game. new coach, new feel

Yes thats the clip...........sucker punch,,,,,,,,,
but anyway.......No doubt Dantonio has to go regardless if Melo stays or goes thats a no brainer.....

I guess I see players during that winning streak playing their hearts out and getting to every loose ball....we looked like a team possessed....

I just dont see that IN melo unless he is scoring....but like u said thats what he does and we need to accept his lack of defense,,,,,,,Just not my nature to accept lack of effort....

Nothing would make me happier then Dantonio gone and Phil Jackson in.......

By the way a few wins and this blows over......Tonight will be interesting....

But as long as Dantonio is the coach Melo needs to respect him........and Man up.......its a lesson you teach your kids....and at 20 million manning up should not be so tough

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
How about:

STAT and Chandler for Howard.

Melo for Josh Smith & Marvin Williams.

Love this trade in it's entirety but Orlando will want Melo not Stat (even though it was reported earlier that they were interested in STAT).
But, I think you could still use STAT to get Josh Smith and Williams, but I think Atlanta would make that trade only with another piece like Fields or Shumpert included.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Like I said in my thread before.. Josh Smith and Marvin Williams is a possibility if we include say Toney Douglas and Landry Fields. We would then send Marvin to the Cavs who want him..

The trade that also is interesting is Tyson Chandler and Carmelo Anthony to Orlando for Dwight Howard and Hedo. Not a huge fan of taking on his contract but at this point its a possibility..

Carmelo is saying he wants to stay and I'm fine with that.. but worth looking into all options

red32

Benchwarmer
Like I said in my thread before.. Josh Smith and Marvin Williams is a possibility if we include say Toney Douglas and Landry Fields. We would then send Marvin to the Cavs who want him..

The trade that also is interesting is Tyson Chandler and Carmelo Anthony to Orlando for Dwight Howard and Hedo. Not a huge fan of taking on his contract but at this point its a possibility..

Carmelo is saying he wants to stay and I'm fine with that.. but worth looking into all options

I don't think we need MORE changes to this team. Really, let's just dump the whole team and start fresh next reason.

miked1958

Rotation player
Steven and also Chris Boussard both said

I think its all BS

Stephen also on ESPN just disputed and said it was completely untrue
that they think the knicks have more to offer then the Nets if they offer both Melo and Chandler. However the Knicks would NOT do the trade unless they got some sort of long term commitment signed by Dwight that he would not leave short term.

Also said that they think the Knicks may have been working on this behind the scenes for awhile now

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
There will be no trade, whether you like Carmelo or not, whether you like his skill set or not, he's not going anywhere. IMO it's much more probable that MDA gets fired before the season ends. Then let's see how the new HC whoever it might be deals with our current roster and how he makes that whole thing work.