How will we act after beating Portland?

Kiyaman

Legend
Will we give this WIN to a flawed-clueless Dantoni? the media will

Or will we give this win to Jefferies return? if possible

Or will we give this win to the birth of the relationship of Lin/Fields/Tyson
starting to build with Melo/Stat as a team with Woodson on the side?

skisloper

Starter

we will say this intense media shake up is just what the knicks needed...
If Melo is on fire you will see him yapping with LIN.......then they will all pray together at center court.......and we will all be like " I think we have truned the corner "...........

LETS JUST WIN:beer:

kinein

Benchwarmer
#linsanity #lincredible #lintervention saves the day!

#linevitable win

#linteresting turn of events!

#linexplicable upset!

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
all fair weather knick fans will then jump back on the band wagon , they will start talking about this team can beat the heat and go to the championship and continue saying these things until they lose .. and when they do, the same idiotic fair weather fans will say melo is garbage knicks should have traded him at the deadline.

zshopa

Benchwarmer
they dont deserve to win. and probably wont. i havent seen melo or stat dive for a ball or even bend over to pick it up.

Kiyaman

Legend
and what makes you think we are going to beat them in the first place

The Media!

Damn! I wouldve like to answer that question earlier before I went to work.

At 1:00 clock my MSG insider called my cell wid great news "Dantoni Quit"
I had a great afternoon, plus thats another reason why the Knicks will beat Portland in MSG

Woodson have a double challenge Friday/Saturday with the new an improve Larry Bird Pacers....Conley/Granger are no joke to big challenges.
Real Talk....it took Larry Bird 4 seasons to prepare Donnie Walsh mess....when it only took 2 to 3 seasons to clean up Isiah mess....Ironic

smokes

Huge Member
The Media!

Damn! I wouldve like to answer that question earlier before I went to work.

At 1:00 clock my MSG insider called my cell wid great news "Dantoni Quit"
I had a great afternoon, plus thats another reason why the Knicks will beat Portland in MSG

Woodson have a double challenge Friday/Saturday with the new an improve Larry Bird Pacers....Conley/Granger are no joke to big challenges.
Real Talk....it took Larry Bird 4 seasons to prepare Donnie Walsh mess....when it only took 2 to 3 seasons to clean up Isiah mess....Ironic

Conley is a Grizzly... You mean Collison?

I don't think we ever had a chance to lose this game tonight. The team was energized. The Blazers have been flat for weeks.

kinein

Benchwarmer
I'm satisfied - I predicted that we were over the hump in terms of chemistry and figuring out what was wrong.

It didn't matter who we played after the Bulls - we were going to win.

Paul1355

All Star

after one practice i think woodson will implement some stuff in with the team.

People have to remember that Woodson has been here the whole year so its not like he has no idea what to do. He knows what failed and what might work but he will go back to his old ISO philosophy. This can work if you have spacing and guys hitting shots but you have to iso down low and not at the 3 point line.

I hope woodson does well and i think he will give us more wins then mike d would bring...woodson can keep us in the playoffs but winning 1st round will be tough.

Kiyaman

Legend
after one practice i think woodson will implement some stuff in with the team.

People have to remember that Woodson has been here the whole year so its not like he has no idea what to do. He knows what failed and what might work but he will go back to his old ISO philosophy. This can work if you have spacing and guys hitting shots but you have to iso down low and not at the 3 point line.

I hope woodson does well and i think he will give us more wins then mike d would bring...woodson can keep us in the playoffs but winning 1st round will be tough.

:agreed: Woodson know where the Isiah/Dantoni era failed....Woodson showed
his wisdom in his first headcoach game by getting the bench-players involved
as early as the first & second quarter (playintime to 10 players).
Now Woodson have to start from the beginning with our bench-depth in creating
a chemistry-bench-lineup that show they co-exist through the playingtime given
on offense/defense....PG, SG, SF, PF, Center.

We have a loaded roster with some unbelieveable talent that was never given
the chance to GELL into several different types of units. This is why we always
failed to "out-play" our oponents (second-half strategy) in the 3rd quarter for the
past decade.

The Lin-Sanity era produced a great backup for Stat/Melo in Jefferies/Novak, plus
when u add Shump as a trio-unit....those 3 bench-players co-exist on defense to
perform any design defense imaginable.
So a blind Dantoni not seeing this trio and using this trio at the return of Stat/Melo
deserve the booot he got out of New York....the media leak on Melo (and not Stat)
a week before the trading deadline had to come from the Dantoni-brothers...

Kiyaman

Legend
agreeing with big apple and metro. this does not deserve it's own thread. com'on kiya. I know you've gotta be pleased as punch about this so I'm sure you've got a better thread you can post.

I posted this thread for conversation after the WIN (today/tommorow)....
with us heading into the land of "Larry Bird new Pacers" in a back to back.
It took Larry Bird 4 hard seasons to fix up the terrible mess Donnie Walsh left behind.
Ironic....Isiah's mess only took 2 to 3 seasons to clean-up, because Isiah being apart
of the Knicks organization was 90% of the Knicks mess.

The Indiana Pacers are playing like a 3rd/4th seeded-team in the East, let me get
the Pacers lineup right this time they have bench-depth in a backcourt tandem of
"Price & Hill" with two frontcourt bigmen Hansborough & Admunson, they co-exist as
a bench line-up and with their starters who is not a joke lineup with a strong-frontcourt
of "Hibbert, West, Granger" with a creative speedy floor leader in Collison.

Your thoughts

Last edited:

p0nder

Starter
They just picked up barbosa for a 2nd rounder as well to give them even more depth and scoring... gotta say, pacers are hungry and scary.

I'll give ya a pass this time Kiya, but i think that the pacers game discussion can go down in that game thread... i understand the want for a bridge between game days though.

As far as how the knicks will react, i hope they are practicing, hanging out and trying to be a team. I hope woodson has them planing and playing, looking at tape and looking for the mis-matches. The pacers are not an easy team to beat.

If we lose this one expect the media backlash against melo to whip up in a hurry. The team could splinter and it could get harsh. from what i watched in interviews from yesterday the team had it out in a team meting before the game and see, to be on the same page now. If there are several losses in a row, i expect that things will get bad quickly.

If we win, expect the ho-hum "it's just the pacers, it's just two games" to come up a whole bunch. The media hate knicks winning for whatever reason. The team however should come together very nicely. with D'antoni' brothers gone and woodson chewing players out on defensive lapses i expect that the defense will get much better and that will lead to better offense. Our team should be better equipped to run the half-court sets and i expect our elite players to step up in a big way. Melo and STAT should see a big increase in shots and iso's.