Jerry Sloan Reportedly interested in Coaching Knicks

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
Sources close to the Knicks say the team needs to make a coaching change to replace Mike D'Antoni.

Stephen A. Smith said on ESPN that he would be surprised if D'Antoni isn't replaced within the next few days.

Phil Jackson has been frequently mentioned as a successor, but Jerry Sloan could also be a candidate.

Sources say Sloan would be interested in coaching the Knicks. Several teams pursued Sloan this past summer.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/219725/Sloan_Would_Be_Interested_In_New_York_Job#ixzz1p6kNXuRD

This would be a dream!!

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
This would be a dream!!

carmenelectra.gif

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Sloan with his army like discipline? Lamelo getting benched right after he broke a play? Amare getting buried in the doghouse because of playing soft? I would love to see Sloan throwing some punches at our primadonnas!

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Sloan's strict demand of discipline is going to be a huge gamble for the Knicks, our two "superstars" in particular. There is going to be two possible outcomes to come out of this hiring, (1) Melo and STAT commit to the coach, buy in to the system, and give 100% effort on both ends of the floor. Or, (2) They prove their one-dimensional label and end up as "cancers" to the team. This will make their trade value plummet and fukk over the Knicks organization for years to come.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Sloan with his army like discipline? Lamelo getting benched right after he broke a play? Amare getting buried in the doghouse because of playing soft? I would love to see Sloan throwing some punches at our primadonnas!

Carmelo probably won't break a play if the play is designed around him and Amar'e. He looked pretty god damn comfortable running the PnR with STAT a few times against the Bulls.

It's when he's "spacing" the court that he looks to be in agony and starts creeping to the elbow, and THEN is the play broken.

People...I don't know if it's a "I want to hate these guys" attitude, or a straight up lack of knowledge of what's happening....but this is mind boggling, lol.

Melo's destroying spacing for the 1-5 PnR, and bringing and extra defender toward the paint, that can easily trap Lin, is what demolishes the offense.

Sloan runs a 4-1 motion offense, (4 out, 1 in). You can feature your 3 and 4 on the same side of the court in that offense. The only thing is, STAT would have a ton of responsibilities in the low post in the 4-1, and I dunno if he's a good enough passer, or has the post game that would force doubles on the catch, instead of defenders staying at home on their man and waiting for STAT to make a move before bringing help....if it's needed.

We saw Philly let Brand take him one on one for the majority of a play, where he drove baseline, had to reverse and go middle, THEN the double came, he passed the ball, and they had to reset the offense. Wasted time on the possession.

tiger0330

Legend
Sloan would be one of the candidates for sure but I doubt they hire him this season. Is it a reasonable business decision to fire the coach in the month of March when the season ends in April particularly when the coach is a lame duck coach with his contract ending. Unlike Steven A. I would be shocked if they fired D'Antoni before the season ended.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Please god let it be true that Dumbphoney will be gone within the next couple of days. Then we might actually get a coach who believes that you need to run plays for basketball players to be able to play basketball.

If it comes to a choice then Dolan would surely get rid of Dumbphoney rather than `Melo. If `Melo went as well I wouldn`t shed a tear. I`m sick of seeing his lack of any kind of effort or commitment.

PLEASE LET DUMBPHONEY BE GONE BY THE WEEKEND !!

fender0577

Rotation player
Sloan would be one of the candidates for sure but I doubt they hire him this season. Is it a reasonable business decision to fire the coach in the month of March when the season ends in April particularly when the coach is a lame duck coach with his contract ending. Unlike Steven A. I would be shocked if they fired D'Antoni before the season ended.
Me too, but a man can dream, can't he?

If we keep losing he will get canned and Woodson will finish the year out. This is not to say Woodson will be the knicks head coach next season. If the fans keep showing their frustrations at the games... someone will meet the ax 4sure. We should all know by now who's head will be doing the rolling. I doubt it will be a clean cut like a guillotine, it might just get ripped the f*** off.

Last edited:

nyk_nyk

All Star
Here we go again with the "sources" game. SMMFH

People, this is like christmas to sports writers and columnists. We will be hearing all types of rumors based on "sources" that majority of the time could be little timmy from next door. Let's only deal with quoted facts and we'll have better thread convos.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Please god let it be true that Dumbphoney will be gone within the next couple of days. Then we might actually get a coach who believes that you need to run plays for basketball players to be able to play basketball.

If it comes to a choice then Dolan would surely get rid of Dumbphoney rather than `Melo. If `Melo went as well I wouldn`t shed a tear. I`m sick of seeing his lack of any kind of effort or commitment.

PLEASE LET DUMBPHONEY BE GONE BY THE WEEKEND !!
Long losing streaks happened before, probably we'll win some games and everybody will be bragging about Knicks getting on the same page, stars showing leadership etc and MDA will be able to finish the season.