MDA has Resigned as Knicks Coach

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Wow. Just woke up and saw the news. Speechless, I am very surprised MDA resigned. How many coaches have resigned from coaching the Knicks? I'm betting we have the record for most resignations.

ACHlLLES

Rookie
Wow. Just woke up and saw the news. Speechless, I am very surprised MDA resigned. How many coaches have resigned from coaching the Knicks? I'm betting we have the record for most resignations.

It just might mean Melo isn't coachable.

Hope things turn around, but it's the players on the court at the end of the day.

red32

Benchwarmer
It's actually nice of MDA to get out before the Portland game. We would probably win this one anyway, but by going out now, it would give Woodson a good start.

jimkcchief88

All Star
To quote Kobe : He doesn't need my advice he scored what 40pts on us! (when asked what advice he would give to Lin)

To quote Kobe : A lot of heads should be rolling in the league for missing Jeremy Lin - that includes scouts and General Managers - and the LAKERS. ( national article - his statement to the country on Lin going unnoticed )

That was after the game.....He said "Jeremy Who" before the game...HELLO MCFLY....

jimkcchief88

All Star
You can't change your stance after you get called out.

If you want to be taken seriously or even be relevant and not be seen as a troll - you have to at least take responsibility for your statements. Making following replies AFTER - as if you DIDNT say this - only says one thing about you. That you'll say anything and change any position to sound like your right. No firm foundation based on logic, reasoning, or truth. This is deemed - flip-flopping/waffling.

Funny I have been posting here since 06' newbie, so I am relevent. If YOU want to be taken seriously around here, have a real point, not BS.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Jesus, I wake up to see this... Saw nearly 300 replies... Thought to myself "there must be a whole lot of arguing in this thread"... Opened thread *rolls eyes* :lol:

This should be a day of celebration for most, anyone with any sense of reality knows that Melo/STAT are 99.999999% stuck here for at least the remainder of the season. This is the one change that might bring some new life to the team this year.

Rejoice! :gony:

Reason why I don't post much Smokes as I am afraid to lose B-Ball IQ points. Firing D'ant was the move to make. He had four years to turn this team around. No coincidence the our KNICKS are spanking the Blazers by 30 tonight. DAMNPHONY can't coach this team better than me or you.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Well, as far as I see it, Mike has hardly earned anything as coach of this team, but he also hasn't earned being chased out by a disgruntled faux-star in Anthony either.

You got what you wanted, Melo. When has it been any other way though? If you feel a sense of entitlement to make decisions for the organization, then you'd better start playing like you've earned the privilege.

There have been few accomplishments in the D'Antoni era, but, in his defense he never had a team to play his game the way he wanted it played. Didn't stop him from attempting to do so, however, and this team has always and ever had a weakness courtesy of that: rebounding, perimeter defense, predictability, patches of stagnation and so on.

So it's finally over.

Can't say I'll miss the modus operandi.

I'm very interested to see if there was any conspiring between Woodson and Carmelo. These 2 were constantly in cohorts during games this season, and I've no doubt that Woodson, renowned as an isolation user in Atlanta with Johnson, exacerbated the situation and was Melo's puppeteer.

Could be wrong.

onex0is0

Benchwarmer
Big Iffy if MDA really resign.

I think it was a backroom fired. Resigning is just a nicer way of saying you're fired.

Knicks organization is known for buying out your silence.

and oh yeah,....Dolan is still an idiot. That's guy looks like he parties hard and is on heavy meds.

CoolClyde

goodbye and good riddance

very strange to read so many posts by Antoni d'efenders, rueing the resignation situation, and calling out Melo. Antoni played by the numbers, utilizing a short rotation and strategizing within NBA percentages. he played without heart. he was nasty to his players. he benched players and kept them in his doghouse, even when they could help in games gone wrong. Antoni kept to his guns and could not lift this team except for maybe 2-3 winning streaks in a four year period. EPIC F*CKING FAIL!

Linsanity did not happen because he coached Lin so well, Lin was an afterthought that happened out of desperation; Antoni was on his way out before the win streak, and a de facto d'estiny once Melo/Stat came back to forge a losing streak. How ironic that Anteater is gone right before the trade deadline, when teams try to improve their situation at the last minute? HAHA! THANK YOU!! F*CKYOU!

Substitutions are the hallmark of a great coach, and Antoni played his stars (and Duhons) into the ground each and every losing season, yet Macaroni defenders always had an excuse for FOUR F*CKING YEARS.

Dolan and Walsh blew up the team, sure, probably way too many times for any coach to handle, but to stubbornly play the same way, NOT call time outs, diss quality players, alienate star players the way Antoni did... I blame that holier than thou, shitstache euro-coach and his ass-kissing ass-istant coaches... good riddance to ALL of you.

For the last time, I bid farewell to my Antoni photoshops and to the worst coach and 4 years the Knicks have ever had:

pringles_giraffe.jpg

antonicrew_davis_sig.jpg

walsh_pringle.jpg

pringle_wesuck.jpg

loser_toni.jpg

pringle_houndlove.gif

rabbitoni.jpg

AntoniFire_ani.gif

macaroni.jpg

:gony::smokin::smokin::smokin::peace: