MDA has Resigned as Knicks Coach

tiger0330

Legend
We just need a defense-minded, HOF-caliber, proven champion head coach. Then everything will be great.
You had him his name was Larry Brown and he had the worst record of the three.

First thing I would do if I was Woody would be to lay down the law on shooting the 3, never take a 3 in transition, Novak should be the only one to have the green light to take the 3 and others only when their man is doubling another player and emphasize driving to the basket and drawing fouls.

iSaYughh

Starter
You had him his name was Larry Brown and he had the worst record of the three.

First thing I would do if I was Woody would be to lay down the law on shooting the 3, never take a 3 in transition, Novak should be the only one to have the green light to take the 3 and others only when their man is doubling another player and emphasize driving to the basket and drawing fouls.

:lol: I know dude, I was being sarcastic. Larry Brown was listed in Kblack's post, and had the shittiest %.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Mike Woodson has already been here all season.. So it isn't like a refreshing new voice is going to come in and change things. They will most likely remain similar to how they are now.

Are you kidding me? I'm sure he was on that bench cringing at some of the moves by Antoni. The only person that runs Antoni's offense is Antoni, period.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
I can honestly see us getting Phil Jackson in the off-season. I think he would love to win a championship with the same franchise as he did as a player. After all, It was the legendary Red Holzman who influenced Jax in his coaching career!

KBlack25

Starter
Why would Phil Jackson, Jerry Sloan or any coach who has accomplished anything want in on this dumpster fire? Calipari is totally next.

quiggle

Starter
Mike should go be an assistant with Denver, can join Karl in Carmelo hate fest and be reunited with Gallinari

at least "Fire Woodson" has a consistent sound to it.

I wouldn't mind giving some of those X-coaches a crack at this team. I doubt that will happen thou, not with burnt bridges in place. MDA played for us longer and had a much better roster. I'm not going to compare these guys unless they were giving the same exact team to work with.

CLYDE

Benchwarmer
Good news. If Dolan had the balls to drop D'antoni right now, then:

Now, is Melo still here by tomorrow? :alert:

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I think MDA got a bum deal with the Knicks! For those people on this forum that are cheering and think we will get a different high profile coach like Phil Jackson or even Jerry Sloan are sadly mistaken. Neither one of these coaches will come to NY as long as Isiah lurks in the background with a direct pipeline to Dolan's ear! Jackson demands full autonomy over his personnel, as does Sloan. There is no way in hell they will put up with what MDA did and that is a fact.
We lost a great GM in Walsh because of the Dolan/Isiah tandem and MDA never got the team he wanted. Yes, he got Stat but it was said countless times that Walsh and MDA didn't want Melo especially at the price they ended up paying. I would love Jerry Sloan to take over the coaching reigns!!! Think he would be a great coach for the Knicks but Dolan HAS to stop tinkering and let the coach and GM work out what players they want and how they want to shape the team. If not, we will be watching this garbage basketball for years to come!!!

p0nder

Starter
OH wow!!! WOW

No anthony is not going anywhere. this is CRAZY! watch the winning thats gonna happen now!!! YEAH BABY!

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
bro i was about to take a nap because im usually shot as **** when i come home from school and then i read a post on Real GM saying mike is gone and i was like whatt no way, googled it and found out it was true and now im wide awake shaking with energy wtfff i feel bad for him but holy shit now we can start winning games

Wargames

Starter
like I said wait for the end of the season with Woodson. Then have jerry Sloan or phil Jackson make bids for the job. Jerry Sloan is cool but my bias is Phil Jackson dude has a history of dealing with Diva's, has connections to the Garden he is a champion Knicks player, and he is a champion. Also he is 3 years younger than Jerry Sloan.