MDA has Resigned as Knicks Coach

smokes

Huge Member
Jesus, I wake up to see this... Saw nearly 300 replies... Thought to myself "there must be a whole lot of arguing in this thread"... Opened thread *rolls eyes* :lol:

This should be a day of celebration for most, anyone with any sense of reality knows that Melo/STAT are 99.999999% stuck here for at least the remainder of the season. This is the one change that might bring some new life to the team this year.

Rejoice! :gony:

nuckles2k2

Superstar
The guy has been getting progressively worse over years ~ see Nuggets and change in philosophy.

See 15-20+lbs of fat gained over time. Do you guys even realize that as his body goes - so does his ability to sustain and compete @ a consistent level?

George Karl hasn't changed his philosophy tho. It was score in the paint, and get free throw attempts, when Melo was there....it's still score in the paint and get free throw attempts.

Last I checked they were tops in the league in free throw attempts, and they scored 92 points in the paint against the Kings earlier this year. What philosophical changes have you seen in Denver?

If you're talking about the up-tempo, then that's because Chauncey doesn't run the offense anymore, it's Ty Lawson. They still slow it down a tad when Andre Miller is out there, but they still primarily focus on scoring inside and getting fouled.

kinein

Benchwarmer
George Karl hasn't changed his philosophy tho. It was score in the paint, and get free throw attempts, when Melo was there....it's still score in the paint and get free throw attempts.

Last I checked they were tops in the league in free throw attempts, and they scored 92 points in the paint against the Kings earlier this year. What philosophical changes have you seen in Denver?

If you're talking about the up-tempo, then that's because Chauncey doesn't run the offense anymore, it's Ty Lawson. They still slow it down a tad when Andre Miller is out there, but they still primarily focus on scoring inside and getting fouled.

Not going to debate this other than ask ya if you watched the Nuggets play the Hawks last night.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Not going to debate this other than ask ya if you watched the Nuggets play the Hawks last night.

I have League Pass, I've seen plenty of Nuggets games. Have you?

Denver is #1 in free throw attempts, and #4 in points in the paint per game.

I know my shit:

ScreenShot2012-03-14at52455PM.png

ScreenShot2012-03-14at52628PM.png

Do you?

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Have league pass, yes. The ability to screenshot means little! I refuse to argue with you. ^_^ You will have to find someone else to do battle with.

OK...I said George Karl's philosophy is still what it's always been...inside scoring and free throws.

I show you that the Nuggets are #1 in free throw attempts, and #4 in points in the paint...which tells you what?

Their offensive philosophy is score inside and get to the charity stripe.

I save you all of the leg-work and brought the stats to you.

I'm not "doing battle" with anyone. Even if I were, it's already over anyway.

Look at the stats, look at what I stated that you said was "wrong" or whatever...then go to bed. Whatever part of the world you're in...it's past your bed time.

Good night.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Well Melo got what he wanted. He better show up now.

It'll be interesting to see if this is the end of Linsanity, which will NOT go over well with many fans.

Going to be a fascinating couple of games..

Sad to see MDA get f-ed up and down like this. He needs proper personnel to get his system to run and total buy-in on the part of all of the players. Melo just could not get him self to be cog in it.

MDA didn't want the Melo trade and neither did Donnie. I really didn't want it for what we gave up either.

I always supported this coach man..

It may be a better fit with Melo, but Woodson is not a better coach than MDA and I'll be shocked if Phil Jackson or Jerry Sloan come here. Our front office is garbage and they're not inclined to put up with nonsense. Money talks however. For 9-10 mil one of them may come to this shithole of an org.

MDA was leaving in some form or fashion at some point so I'm not at all surprised. I'm glad he left on his own terms.

I feel bad for D'Antoni, but this is the nature of the business. It happens.

I, for one, am not disappointed though. The results have been awful lately and you can't go and make rash trades of high profile players out of emotion. It could easily come back to bite you. This was the right move if they determined that some type of move needed to be made.

I really think there is something fundamentally wrong with D'Antoni's "system". First of all, the offense hasn't even been there consistently. But when it is, even back to when he ran it in Phoenix, all it does is score a ton of points. Even WITH a great defensive center like Tyson Chandler, the Knicks couldn't defend this year. That run 'n gun style might get you a lot of points, but it is just NOT conducive to being able to play good defense at the same time. It puts up numbers but it gets you results like the Bucks' game. Knicks scored a million points but still lost, their players and the other players get caught up in the fast pace, and a glorified pick up game ensues. I think even with a team filled to the brim with good defensive players playing in D'Antoni's offense, the D would still be terrible.

Bottom line, this move can't hurt. However way you slice it, the team was CLEARLY underperforming with the talent they have. Maybe D'Antoni could have fixed it in more time but I tend to doubt it. We'll see what they do with Woodson & then in the offseason. But they still have good players & it can't get any worse really than it has been recently so let's be positive.

Sage

Rotation player
I saw the news when I woke up and thought I was still dreaming. This is the best news I've heard in a while!

Drinks are on me tonight!

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
James Dolan interview about letting Dantoni go:teeth:

Is it me or did Dolan sound like he just dont give a F*ck and wanted to go back to whatever he was doing lol