MDA has Resigned as Knicks Coach

I can honestly see us getting Phil Jackson in the off-season. I think he would love to win a championship with the same franchise as he did as a player. After all, It was the legendary Red Holzman who influenced Jax in his coaching career!
It would be the EXTRA icing to his already rich cake. A win or more here would def make him the GOAT as far as coaching goes.

KBlack25

Starter
Again: Why would Phil Jackson, Jerry Sloan or any coach who has accomplished anything want in on this dumpster fire? Calipari is totally next.

iSaYughh

Starter
This speaks so damningly poorly for Melo, and for the franchise, it's actually comical.

D'antoni resigning right now couldn't do a better job at verifying the crippling statements and ongoing happenings that have been swirling with Melo post-injury; or be more damning evidence that the eternal paw print of James Dolan is alive and well on our franchise.

Hopefully, Mike and Donnie have a beer together one day soon.

And let's not work ourselves up like schoolgirls about coaches who likely won't be coming. They are huge longshots.

But since we had the worst coach in the NBA and a toddler could have this squad humming like a champion-caliber team in no time...it shouldn't be an issue.

I will gladly sit back, root for my Knicks, and eat crow on D'antoni while relishing how wrong I was.

quiggle

Starter
Jerry Sloan, Phil Jackson? some of you are forgetting arent you?

marbury_clicks.jpg

iSaYughh

Starter
Again: Why would Phil Jackson, Jerry Sloan or any coach who has accomplished anything want in on this dumpster fire? Calipari is totally next.

Yup.

Sloan already quit the NBA because of one dickhead player who wouldn't commit to team and coach. And he was 10x the player Melo is.

And Jackson goes to teams that are legit stacked and primed for him. I hope he does come, however; a lack of success with Jax might be the final straw breaking the camel's back.

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
Alright i just read up Mike D antoni on wikipedia to see how fast people updated the info and it says former head coach of NYK etc and he announced his resignment, but then it says this?

"Events surrounding allegations of criminal sexual conduct from his prior engagements as a volunteer youth basketball coach ultimatley lead to his departure."

WTF LOL thats funny its obviously not true

kinein

Benchwarmer
Sad day for the Knicks. This is going to have a negative impact on the knicks players that had bought-in and were fully behind D'antoni.

Run & Gun offense probably gone - but at least it gives D'antoni haters and Melo supporters a chance to see it all put on a Melo focused offense.

tiger0330

Legend
A coach and player that loves the Iso, time for Melo to show up. If we don't turn this thing around then Melo needs to go in the off-season.

miked1958

Rotation player
Anyone can update or change Wikipedia

Alright i just read up Mike D antoni on wikipedia to see how fast people updated the info and it says former head coach of NYK etc and he announced his resignment, but then it says this?

"Events surrounding allegations of criminal sexual conduct from his prior engagements as a volunteer youth basketball coach ultimatley lead to his departure."

WTF LOL thats funny its obviously not true

You are right. Prob just someone who hates D"Antoni put that there. i expect it will be down soon enough

I am not going to lie, when i came back from school today i was jumping around but its sad he had to resign i would've rather him ride it out and resigning shows just how much of a headache the situation was. In a weird way im going to miss him since it has been 4 years he has been here and feels weird that he is leaving.

?Dolan is blaming the coach,? said a source with knowledge of the Knicks? locker-room dynamics. ?Tyson [Chandler], Baron [Davis], A?mare [Stoudemire] ? guys who came to play for Mike ? or that system ? are pissed. [Jeremy] Lin isn?t happy either.?

they couldn't take it anymore....lol
I don't blame them at all...

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
I think MDA got a bum deal with the Knicks! For those people on this forum that are cheering and think we will get a different high profile coach like Phil Jackson or even Jerry Sloan are sadly mistaken. Neither one of these coaches will come to NY as long as Isiah lurks in the background with a direct pipeline to Dolan's ear! Jackson demands full autonomy over his personnel, as does Sloan. There is no way in hell they will put up with what MDA did and that is a fact.
We lost a great GM in Walsh because of the Dolan/Isiah tandem and MDA never got the team he wanted. Yes, he got Stat but it was said countless times that Walsh and MDA didn't want Melo especially at the price they ended up paying. I would love Jerry Sloan to take over the coaching reigns!!! Think he would be a great coach for the Knicks but Dolan HAS to stop tinkering and let the coach and GM work out what players they want and how they want to shape the team. If not, we will be watching this garbage basketball for years to come!!!

alright the fact is D antoni could of have his dream roster and he still wouldnt and couldnt win a championship

kinein

Benchwarmer
?Dolan is blaming the coach,? said a source with knowledge of the Knicks? locker-room dynamics. ?Tyson [Chandler], Baron [Davis], A?mare [Stoudemire] ? guys who came to play for Mike ? or that system ? are pissed. [Jeremy] Lin isn?t happy either.?

Sounds like players that wanted to play for D'antoni are upset. Who couldn't take it anymore?

iSaYughh

Starter
“Dolan is blaming the coach,” said a source with knowledge of the Knicks’ locker-room dynamics. “Tyson [Chandler], Baron [Davis], A’mare [Stoudemire] – guys who came to play for Mike – or that system – are pissed. [Jeremy] Lin isn’t happy either.”

It's saying those players were, and are, behind D'antoni...and pissed he's gone.............smh.

But hey, :alert:Dolan:alert: was behind this. Ain't that a surprise?