MDA has Resigned as Knicks Coach

iSaYughh

Starter
I just listened to some vile rantings from Stephen A, who said that Lin had everything to do with the firing.

Here is his contorted reasoning. Basically said that Lin had license from D'Antoni to ignore Carmelo - and sometimes didn't give it to Melo in isolation situations -- and that was a large reason why D'Antoni was fired. Further, Smith thought the firing was justified for this reason.

But the premise is wrong. In my view, Lin fed the ball to Melo plenty. Melo has been getting plenty of shots. It's not Lin's fault - or D'Antoni's - that Melo was shooting bricks.

Smith is a ****in fool.

The reason Lin wasn't giving to Melo was because Melo was deviating from the team gameplan and offense that MDA had set up for the team, and which the team (Melo) aside had bought into.

Lin committed to coach and team (and winning), and didn't bend over Melo being lazy and not doing what he was supposed to do.

Melo chose himself and what he wanted.

Simple.

The team, and our franchie, is now worse off.

And how can people not see the striking similarity between how we looked and played on our win streak/renaissance with the best of how we looked last year, pre-Melo The difference being we now had a legit C who gave us the defensive boost we needed.

red32

Benchwarmer
I just listened to some vile rantings from Stephen A, who said that Lin had everything to do with the firing.

Here is his contorted reasoning. Basically said that Lin had license from D'Antoni to ignore Carmelo - and sometimes didn't give it to Melo in isolation situations -- and that was a large reason why D'Antoni was fired. Further, Smith thought the firing was justified for this reason.

But the premise is wrong. In my view, Lin fed the ball to Melo plenty. Melo has been getting plenty of shots. It's not Lin's fault - or D'Antoni's - that Melo was shooting bricks.

F**k Stupid Ass Smith!

jimkcchief88

All Star

Its as much Lin's fault as anyone because he overdribbles his way into trouble all the time thus all the turnovers. No way a supposed Harvard guy with high basketball IQ should turn the ball over that much.

Rin Who

Rookie
So if the Knicks continue to lose, who are ya'll gonna blame?

Once the Knicks gave up their entire roster for Melo, I knew it was all over.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Stephen A is clearly raping Lin on air right now... dude seems just fukking crazy Lintendo led the team to a long W streak and not Carmelo.

iSaYughh

Starter
After the poor start we had that year we did pretty well.

Yup, and even more importantly:

We were building UP.

We had cap. An improving team. An identity.

The main thing holding us back, besides waiting for the looming FA agency years and shrewdly using our cap, was that we just didn't have a single, halfway legitimate C on the team.

Building A Winner 101.

kinein

Benchwarmer
This won't bode well for Lin, who already had D'antoni's back and was getting shit from Melo because Lin was sticking to the team's gameplan and not going along with Melo improving and deviating on his own.

Lin will be fine - he will just go with what Woodson wants.

Its as if you have completely forgotten that Lin is a team-player and listens to his coaching. If you have paid attention to anything Lin has done since he was a H.S. basketball player - you will know that he does whatever is asked and more.

wynton

Rookie
Its as much Lin's fault as anyone because he overdribbles his way into trouble all the time thus all the turnovers. No way a supposed Harvard guy with high basketball IQ should turn the ball over that much.

You're missing the point, maybe because I wasn't clear enough.

Stephen A was insinuating that Lin was freezing out Melo, intentionally and at the behest of his coach. And that's absurd. During this losing streak, Melo been getting the ball A LOT, especially in the fourth quarter. Someone should take a look at how many shots Melo has been attempting in the fourth quarter.

Stephen A also went on about how the best player is supposed to shoot the most, etc.. at all levels of the game. Of course that's true. But that hardly means that the team concept gets thrown out the window.

I think that Stephen A is the supreme Melo apologist, and he's probably reacting to the likelihood that Melo is going to receive a ton of heat for the remainder of the season, if things don't start going well fast.

kinein

Benchwarmer
What's Antoni's career NYK coaching record? I'll wait.

Well now that you don't have D'antoni to crucify - you are left with Melo - win or lose :) If Melo has any sense of shame he will start hustling and not slack off. So I have and have been expecting Melo to improve and he has been - will continue to do so.

kinein

Benchwarmer
And the other 3 years without MELO???? Now I am looking up to see the teams we beat with MELO out because I know we were playing nobodies while MELO was out.

Lakers are nobody? They beat the Heat and Celtics.

Dallas Mavericks? Last year's champions?

Can you EXAGGERATE ANYMORE?