Official Mike D'Antoni appreciation thread

quiggle

Starter
who would have thought Toney Douglas would outlast him, this one's for you Nate Robinson

Mike+Antoni+New+York+Knicks+Introduce+Carmelo+_rKdum5Ol16l.jpg

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
GG D'antoni. If the Knicks still suck after he is fired, it is going to be all on Melo because he basically got D'antoni fired.

Not a fan of D'antoni or Melo, just a fan of the Knicks.

iSaYughh

Starter
The final D'antoni apprecation will be if his firing his followed up by us trading Melo and Tyson (god bless Ty, but it must be done) for Howard and Turk.

Would greatly help Amare. Assuming Woodson or whomever the next coach is runs a proper offensive system.

quiggle

Starter
right, for peeps to say Dantoni resigned is not true he was fired in disguise of resigning like Lenny Wilkens basically I think Isiah told Dolan to do this because Carmelo is one of his guys so thats why the Knicks are not trading him.

Wargames

Starter
right, for peeps to say Dantoni resigned is not true he was fired in disguise of resigning like Lenny Wilkens basically I think Isiah told Dolan to do this because Carmelo is one of his guys so thats why the Knicks are not trading him.

It has nothing to do with the fact the knicks are under .500 in the third losing streak this year with a stacked team. It has nothing to do with the fact that the knicks are losing to inferior teams as well as better ones? Ignore reality just look for conspiracies.

kinein

Benchwarmer
This is the appreciation thread. Anything otherwise is trolling. lol. well the haters are coming out of the woodwork in joy so ehhh :)

Rooting for Mike D'antoni to get a head-coach position elsewhere!

I appreciate him taking the challenge, thats about it.

To be clear.... I don't hate him as a person because I don't know him in that way. He might even be a nice guy to sit and have a few cold ones with. But when you are dealing with the Knicks you are messing with one of my passions...you're hurting my feelings if you're hurting the Knicks.

quiggle

Starter
It has nothing to do with the fact the knicks are under .500 in the third losing streak this year with a stacked team. It has nothing to do with the fact that the knicks are losing to inferior teams as well as better ones? Ignore reality just look for conspiracies.

excuse me are you an executive who works closely with Dolan and knows what he does, his decisions are still based on Isiah's advice so I wont be surprised if it is because it has happened before

quiggle

Starter
also is Dantoni going to this years Olympics in London as assistant that will be a awkward moment with Carmelo

Wargames

Starter
excuse me are you an executive who works closely with Dolan and knows what he does, his decisions are still based on Isiah's advice so I wont be surprised if it is because it has happened before

same question right back at you. Are you an executive who works closely with Dolan and knows what he does? Because your conspiracy theories would have a lot more weight to them if you were. If anything you could argue this was all to give Mike Woodson a chance to win as the Knicks coach but lets be honest here. This team is all sorts of dysfunctional so I'm not sure we even make the playoffs right now.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Dantoni was not a fan of the Melo deal, and was not a fan of the amare I want to see who the finger points to now/

quiggle

Starter
same question right back at you. Are you an executive who works closely with Dolan and knows what he does? Because your conspiracy theories would have a lot more weight to them if you were. If anything you could argue this was all to give Mike Woodson a chance to win as the Knicks coach but lets be honest here. This team is all sorts of dysfunctional so I'm not sure we even make the playoffs right now.

well you tell me what coach resigns 20 game left in the season and team is fighting for playoff spot? what coach would jump ship, no Dantoni was fired and was told to say he resigned like Lenny Wilkens did. Don Chaney ask him also.

Wargames

Starter
well you tell me what coach resigns 20 game left in the season and team is fighting for playoff spot? what coach would jump ship, no Dantoni was fired and was told to say he resigned like Lenny Wilkens did. Don Chaney ask him also.

I am not talking about that man, I am talking about you saying Isiah gave the command to fire him. The knicks have played some really bad basketball lately and have seem rudderless. The rotation has been erratic and there were no signs of improvement. So why must Isiah be a shadow puppeteer when it comes to D'antoni being fired. All the signs point to either the FO being fed up and/or Melo just saying "enough is enough, D'antoni sucks" being the catalyst for D'antoni being fired. This same situation happened in Sacramento earlier this year and no one thought it was a conspiracy.

sg8

Benchwarmer
not a fan of mr.pringles neither i believe that his system can win a championship although he did deserve to be in the finals with the suns once....good luck to him....

now lets see what someone else can do with our lazy superstars...

LJ4ptplay

Starter
If D'Antoni ends up with the Clippers next year...look out. He'll probably end up with Portland which is a team that could flourish with D'Antoni.