Does Jeremy Lin have a reason to be afraid?

onex0is0

Benchwarmer
Last edited:

Den318

Benchwarmer
Dude LIN is not a superstar, stop it.Lin will not lead use to a title, unless he stops turning the ball over 7+ times a game.Watch the game and not just LIN, man, C'mon.

Lin is no where near being a superstar. Stats and Melo is playing no where near one as well. At this point in time, i believe Lin will take the Knicks to a championship in the future than either Stats or Melo. Stats and Melo is on the decline while Lin can only get better. Think about that.

clearly some here are not really thinking at all...blinded and still feeling the after affects of linsanity. crazy times produce crazy minds. LOL

We are winning and with our stars, Lin is enjoying playing his part and some still can't see this...smh.

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
how the hell am I a hater if I think Lin is an average PG? I'm a big Lin fan and hope he becomes a superstar because he works hard and has a lot of heart.

Are you telling me his game is complete? I'm glad Lin, himself, doesn't think like that because then he'll never improve.

If anyone thinks that at this point in time, Lin is more than an average PG, you need to STFU because you don't know shit about bball.

You, Sir, are an idiot.

petescud

Starter
I love LIN and think for a 23 year old PG he's fantastic. He can only get better. What we trade him and then in 2 years hate ourselves cause he figured everything out and is a top 5 PG (remember in 2 years Kidd and Nash will be either gone or going out)

LINvincible

Benchwarmer
how the hell am I a hater if I think Lin is an average PG? I'm a big Lin fan and hope he becomes a superstar because he works hard and has a lot of heart.

Are you telling me his game is complete? I'm glad Lin, himself, doesn't think like that because then he'll never improve.

If anyone thinks that at this point in time, Lin is more than an average PG, you need to STFU because you don't know shit about bball.

You, Sir, are an idiot.

Define average?

Here's his numbers since starting.

19.5 points
8.14 Assists
2.19 Steals
3.89 rebounds
4.857 Turnovers

The problem today with sports is, folks get so caught up with physical attributes and abilities that they forget the KEY measures which is the numbers you put up on the field/court.

JUST LOOK AT THOSE EFFING NUMBERS.
AVERAGE MY A$$.

Find me another point guard with those numbers? Then tell me ARE those point guards average???

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
CP3, Derrick Rose,Westbrook,Tony Parker, Deron Williams, Steve Nash, Rajon Rondo, Stephen Curry, Brandon Jennings, John Wall, Ty Lawson, Jason Kidd, Kylrie Irving

That's a little less than 1/2 the NBA so yeah. average.

Raymond Felton last year

17 pts 9 assist 1.8 steals 3.6 reb 3.3 TO.

Lin is an average PG right now who has good upside. That's it. It will depend on how he rounds out his game. He could be a triple dub threat in a year or two. He's a smart guy with lots of intangibles.

NOT A TOP PG AT THE MOMENT. regardless of what you say. Don't overhype.

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
CP3, Derrick Rose,Westbrook,Tony Parker, Deron Williams, Steve Nash, Rajon Rondo, Stephen Curry, Brandon Jennings, John Wall, Ty Lawson, Jason Kidd, Kylrie Irving

Raymond Felton last year

Lin is an average PG right now who has good upside. That's it. It will depend on how he rounds out his game. He could be a triple dub threat in a year or two. He's a smart guy with lots of intangibles.

Many people don't understand how hard it already is to be called "average" in NBA. I like Lin like crazy, but I'm satisfied with his "average" performance so far.

However, I kind of think the strong will, the atmosphere that Lin brought to the Knicks was incredible. And would make a difference. If there were a ranking of this sort, Lin is definitely above average.

LINvincible

Benchwarmer

Raymond Felton last year

You picked 13 players out of the remaining 29 starting point guards. J. Kidd is 1 season removed from basketball and Steve Nash is on the downhill of his career. Looks to me Lin is above the 'average'. He is a "GOOD" player with potential of becoming a star.

During this span, Lin's scoring, assists, rebound and steals are ALL within top 5 among point guards. The ONLY other PG among top 5 for all 4 categories is CP3.

Marginal my a$$.

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
Oh forgot Billups and Ricky rubio. Nash is on the downhill and yet he's probably still #1 as a pure PG.

LOL. Dude. I'm sorry that you are so sensitive about wording. Didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch. If you want to break it down like that.

Elite PG
Good PG
Average PG
Below Average PG
Bad PG

ok you win. he's not average. he's a good pg. ROFL

LINvincible

Benchwarmer
Oh forgot Billups and Ricky rubio. Nash is on the downhill and yet he's probably still #1 as a pure PG.

LOL. Dude. I'm sorry that you are so sensitive about wording. Didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch. If you want to break it down like that.

Elite PG
Good PG
Average PG
Below Average PG
Bad PG

ok you win. he's not average. he's a good pg. ROFL

Thank You.
Was that so hard? :barf:

clumsy

Rotation player
Lin is a B- type of player. I would have traded him to get rid of Amare because PG's don't win chips in the NBA (Last time a #1 PG dominant team won was Isiah) and Amare somehow became trash in one year.

Lin + Amare for Gasol. You would get a player who relies on Skill not athleticism for a player who once had athleticism but for some reason can't use it any more and an up and coming top 10 PG. Baron could keep the seat warm putting up similar production to Lin while we searched for another League Average Point Guard.

clumsy

Rotation player
Too late...i still like Lin. I think with him as a 3rd Option, it's not bad, cuz he won't demand crazy money and you can spend in other areas which are more important to winning basketball games (Front Court)

skisloper

Starter
Too late...i still like Lin. I think with him as a 3rd Option, it's not bad, cuz he won't demand crazy money and you can spend in other areas which are more important to winning basketball games (Front Court)

Now that Linsanity is over,,,,,,,,,,,In reality the guy is getting better each game.......every PG has bad games Lin is allowed the same....the guy learns from his mistakes and will only get better......The beauty of LIN.......
Once we sign him we have 4 starters for the next 3 years,,,,,No lock in the SG

Benchwarmer
Dude LIN is not a superstar, stop it.Lin will not lead use to a title, unless he stops turning the ball over 7+ times a game.Watch the game and not just LIN, man, C'mon.
Okay, although I started watching basketball because of Lin, I root for
the team as a whole. Obviously, it's a group effort and there's talent
throughout.

But, I've never been a fan of anyone or anything before. I never under-
stood why people became so "fan"atic. But, now I do. Kind of.

So, please don't despise (and I'm not addressing this to you personally)
those of us who are on cloud 9 because we happen to enjoy one of
the players more than another.

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
Lin is a B- type of player. I would have traded him to get rid of Amare because PG's don't win chips in the NBA (Last time a #1 PG dominant team won was Isiah) and Amare somehow became trash in one year.

Lin + Amare for Gasol. You would get a player who relies on Skill not athleticism for a player who once had athleticism but for some reason can't use it any more and an up and coming top 10 PG. Baron could keep the seat warm putting up similar production to Lin while we searched for another League Average Point Guard.

B hyphen, or B minus? :)

clumsy

Rotation player
B- for a rook he's great. We all know what he does well. He still gets exposed on defense by more athletic PG's (i mean...Norris Cole?!?!) and has a hard time fighting through NBA screens...which i guess gets better with time.

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
PG's don't win chips in the NBA (Last time a #1 PG dominant team won was Isiah)

Any exceptional and dominant player can lead a team to mutiple championships, doesnt matter what position he plays.

Magic Johnson - 5 x as a PG before his premature retirement
Michael Jordan - 6 x as a SG and SF
Bill Russel - 11 x as C

Too bad those players only come along once every decade or two.

Rookie
I started watch NBA, because i very like Cinderella story. I think knicks make amazing job in team strategy and media, because Jeremy Lin is something good.

Yes, Lin can't run like Rondo, and yes Lin can't dunk like Rose, But Lin have one thing who dont have Rondo, CP, Rose, and mass NBA players. This one thing is Basketball IQ.

And for me great pleasure to watch, how play smart guy agains best atlethes in league.