Does Jeremy Lin have a reason to be afraid?

fender0577

Rotation player
F the Knicks, F its fans. F Carmelo for killing linsanity. I probably said this somewhere but I'll say it again. I haven't watched basketball since MJ era. Now the Knicks have Jeremy Lin, you basically have a diamond in the rough. Blah blah, Jeremy has captured my interest in basketball again. In Feb, I bought NBA league pass just like a fool knowing that Carmelo will ruin it for Lin. If your owner knows that Jeremy can bring in millions and millions of dollars for your team..YOU should build your team around him. Obviously Jeremy is more than capable to shine when given the opportunity. Now your dumb coach will make Carmelo and Amare their focal point. You want to know what I got to say about that?? F both of them. TRADE Jeremy to a subpar .500 team and make him a focal point w Chandler and I guarantee they will have a winning team. Not only they will have a winning season because Jeremy is a WINNER, but that team/owner will be rich b$tch. This is a fact. New York, you don't deserve that!All you deserve is your Melo/Amare drama. Oh wait, I can wait a couple more years. He won't stay with the Knicks because there are other team that will pay more for his service. Because he is a cash cow and a WINNER.
Wow, i take a day off, and gotta come back to this,SMGDH.What's this guy :smokin:

I've seen/met/ and heard way too many fake basketball fans speaking out during this linsanity run. I really like the guy (more so his attitude), but he is not as good as many think/pretend he is.

Now these fans want to get mad and blame Melo because Lin's game was exposed (it was just a matter of time). Is it Melo's fault that Lin is turnover prone? He has plenty things to work on if he ever wants to compete long term as a PG in this league. People should be happy he's still in the rotation and wasn't buried on the bench, or cut like the other teams did. His game needs improving and this just can't be disputed. As the song goes....."Don't worry be happy"

CLYDE

Benchwarmer
I've seen/met/ and heard way too many fake basketball fans speaking out during this linsanity run. I really like the guy (more so his attitude), but he is not as good as many think/pretend he is.

Now these fans want to get mad and blame Melo because Lin's game was exposed (it was just a matter of time). Is it Melo's fault that Lin is turnover prone? He has plenty things to work on if he ever wants to compete long term as a PG in this league. People should be happy he's still in the rotation and wasn't buried on the bench, or cut like the other teams did. His game needs improving and this just can't be disputed. As the song goes....."Don't worry be happy"

:agreed: Lin has talent and the right attitude, but he is a work in progress. I think if used wisely he can adjust and work out his weak points.

But, to his credit he has shown a winner type mentality. Clyde said on the air just before Linsanity hit it's peak; "He has to work on going left, learn to hold his dribble, otherwise the league will adjust and go after him". I think that was about the quote.

:agreed: Lin has talent and the right attitude, but he is a work in progress. I think if used wisely he can adjust and work out his weak points.

But, to his credit he has shown a winner type mentality. Clyde said on the air just before Linsanity hit it's peak; "He has to work on going left, learn to hold his dribble, otherwise the league will adjust and go after him". I think that was about the quote.

exactly, give the guy some time. I'm sure he wouldn't mind it either if so much pressure wasn't put on him, atm...

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
You guys really think Lin can bring this team far in the playoffs? Hell no not this year and maybe not for another year or two but Lin has so much potential to be a top 5-10 PG in 2 years, his work ethic, honesty and humbleness is what will get him there.

We would probally have a better record then we have now if Melo didnt come back but we wouldnt get past the 1st round... Its D antonis system and his thick headedness that didnt make adjustments for Melo to fit in the system is why we were losing

fender0577

Rotation player
I bet LINS turnovers will drop, now that he doesn't have to handle the ball 40+ minutes a game.People loved giving C'ANToni credit for lin, but his system actually hurt lin also, 7+TO's a game was a direct result of handling the ball so much, TO's will happen when you have to do everything for the system to run.:peace:

KingofNy

Starter
Yup.

I pointed this out in the MDA thread, too.

We as fans should be even more afraid, however, of the longterm outlook of the team.

LOL @ people worried that Lin will only be a star instead of a superstar. Last I checked it only matters if we win. We weren't winning under Dumbtoni and we would NEVER win under him. Thank god he's gone and that we now have a coach that will hold our team/coaches accountable.

LINvincible

Benchwarmer
F the Knicks, F its fans. F Carmelo for killing linsanity. I probably said this somewhere but I'll say it again. I haven't watched basketball since MJ era. Now the Knicks have Jeremy Lin, you basically have a diamond in the rough. Blah blah, Jeremy has captured my interest in basketball again. In Feb, I bought NBA league pass just like a fool knowing that Carmelo will ruin it for Lin. If your owner knows that Jeremy can bring in millions and millions of dollars for your team..YOU should build your team around him. Obviously Jeremy is more than capable to shine when given the opportunity. Now your dumb coach will make Carmelo and Amare their focal point. You want to know what I got to say about that?? F both of them. TRADE Jeremy to a subpar .500 team and make him a focal point w Chandler and I guarantee they will have a winning team. Not only they will have a winning season because Jeremy is a WINNER, but that team/owner will be rich b$tch. This is a fact. New York, you don't deserve that!All you deserve is your Melo/Amare drama. Oh wait, I can wait a couple more years. He won't stay with the Knicks because there are other team that will pay more for his service. Because he is a cash cow and a WINNER.

Agree 110%.
I stopped watching the knicks after Ewing left.

If Lin is gone, i would stop watching Knicks basketball and i'm sure many here would feel the same.

WHY DO THE KNICKS ALWAYS FOCK UP A GOOD THING?

We baby 2 so call fake stars that can't play defense or finish in the paint.

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
Lucky you. I've been watchin the Knicks since 1990. I don't know if I have the stomach for Starbury part II though. Let's hope it doesn't go that route.

fender0577

Rotation player
Agree 110%.
I stopped watching the knicks after Ewing left.

If Lin is gone, i would stop watching Knicks basketball and i'm sure many here would feel the same.

WHY DO THE KNICKS ALWAYS FOCK UP A GOOD THING?

We baby 2 so call fake stars that can't play defense or finish in the paint.
Dude LIN is not a superstar, stop it.Lin will not lead use to a title, unless he stops turning the ball over 7+ times a game.Watch the game and not just LIN, man, C'mon.

LINvincible

Benchwarmer
Dude LIN is not a superstar, stop it.Lin will not lead use to a title, unless he stops turning the ball over 7+ times a game.Watch the game and not just LIN, man, C'mon.

Melo & Stats are also no longer superstars in this league. One can debate that they might not even be stars.
They can't play:

Defense
Rebound
Handle the rock
Finish in the paint - every game they get their balls sent back into their face 2-3 times a game.

What aspect of their games are they good in?

It's been debated over and over again. Lin's turnover on a per minute play isn't that bad. The guy essentially handles the rock over 70% of all the offensive plays. Take a look at Lin's number and compare it to the other rookie point guards. Why do people think Rubio & Wall have better potential to be superstars in this league?

quiggle

Starter
Lin knows there is greener grass out there, i mean who the hell wants to be on the back of the newspapers everyday made fun of. look at todays ny post they put up a tombstone linsanity is dead. he got all from Knicks as they got off selling his merchandise. maybe if he went to Lake Wales high school he wouldnt understand money isnt everything, but hes Harvard material and should see the Knicks are not the place to play for.

fender0577

Rotation player
Melo & Stats are also no longer superstars in this league. One can debate that they might not even be stars.
They can't play:

Defense
Rebound
Handle the rock
Finish in the paint - every game they get their balls sent back into their face 2-3 times a game.

What aspect of their games are they good in?

It's been debated over and over again. Lin's turnover on a per minute play isn't that bad. The guy essentially handles the rock over 70% of all the offensive plays. Take a look at Lin's number and compare it to the other rookie point guards. Why do people think Rubio & Wall have better potential to be superstars in this league?
Melo still has one of the most complete offensive games in the NBA, STAT was being used like a shooting guard. Last game STAT came out 7 for 7, because he wasn't playing 20+ feet from the rim.I understand your hype about lin, i'm still high on the kid, but in all reality, he's not the best PG on the team right now, sorry but it's true, once he learns to solw down and not play at 100MPH, he'll be fine.But i'm not going to sit in here and curse our to best players, because they were being used like role players, history proves there our best players, use them like it, then if they fail, curse them all you want.:peace:

LINvincible

Benchwarmer
Lin is not a superstar nor a star in the NBA yet, but the potential is there.
He's essentially a rookie folks. We all know what Melo & Stat bring to the table and there's a reason why these 2 guys never won a championship. If Lin can win 8 straight with scrubs, why can't we surround him with less selfish players and play Basketball the way it's suppose to play. Team! team! team!

EFF this ISO BS!

LINvincible

Benchwarmer
Melo still has one of the most complete offensive games in the NBA, STAT was being used like a shooting guard. Last game STAT came out 7 for 7, because he wasn't playing 20+ feet from the rim.I understand your hype about lin, i'm still high on the kid, but in all reality, he's not the best PG on the team right now, sorry but it's true, once he learns to solw down and not play at 100MPH, he'll be fine.But i'm not going to sit in here and curse our to best players, because they were being used like role players, history proves there our best players, use them like it, then if they fail, curse them all you want.:peace:

This statement is laughable. How can you have a complete offensive game if you can't finish in the paint? How many dunks or fast break points does he get? What's his shooting percentage this year? ouch ouch ouch..

fender0577

Rotation player
This statement is laughable. How can you have a complete offensive game if you can't finish in the paint? How many dunks or fast break points does he get? What's his shooting percentage this year? ouch ouch ouch..
His game hasn't changed, he might have lost some lift, did you ever watch him in Denver?, he was a bully on the block, C'ANToni wanted him roaming the 3point line waiting to be fed, that's not his game.FG% is slightly down, that because he's a rhythm scorer, and when you sit for long periods of time, and go 7+ possessions without even touching the ball, it's pretty easy to go cold.All i'm saying, let's just wait and see him in a offense, that will actually utilize his skill properly, and then we can revisit this topic.

erivera

Benchwarmer
i find this whole melo amare vs. lin stuff funny because it's all the same. either melo/amare are controlling the team or lin is controlling the team. either way somebody is hogging the ball. melo and amare need to be the top guys on this team, and i don't understand why it's an insult to ppl if jeremy lin becomes a 14 pt 7 asst a game role player. evrybody needs to know their roles on this team which is something d'antoni clearly didn't do a good job in establishing.

p.s. hopefully now under woodson landry fields won't take anymore wild layups with 3 guys waiting in the paint for him.

Benchwarmer
i find this whole melo amare vs. lin stuff funny because it's all the same. either melo/amare are controlling the team or lin is controlling the team. either way somebody is hogging the ball. melo and amare need to be the top guys on this team, and i don't understand why it's an insult to ppl if jeremy lin becomes a 14 pt 7 asst a game role player. evrybody needs to know their roles on this team which is something d'antoni clearly didn't do a good job in establishing.

p.s. hopefully now under woodson landry fields won't take anymore wild layups with 3 guys waiting in the paint for him.
I agree that everybody needs to know their roles, and it comes down to what's best for the Knicks in order to continue winning.

For me, it's hard not to take sides. I've read so many other posts from people who became fans solely because of Jeremy Lin. So, I guess we're all rooting for him to not only do the best for the team, but for himself as well.

At this point, even if he is pushed to the side, he can only learn and continue to grow as a player.
:)

rogeryy

Benchwarmer

Agreed 110%!

But I think that "unless" you mentioned will come true one day and Lin will lead us to a title.

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
Lin knows there is greener grass out there, i mean who the hell wants to be on the back of the newspapers everyday made fun of. look at todays ny post they put up a tombstone linsanity is dead. he got all from Knicks as they got off selling his merchandise. maybe if he went to Lake Wales high school he wouldnt understand money isnt everything, but hes Harvard material and should see the Knicks are not the place to play for.

Let's just hope he still plays for the Knicks and gets better and better and we win 3 titles in a row.